Blue Tusk is closing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Blue Tusk is closing

Aside from Kitty Hoynes, Lemon Grass and Pasta’s; Armory’s starting to lose its shimmer imo.

Both Armory and Hanover could use an influx of new restaurants/bars.

A basic Tap Room does not really move the needle though.

Aside from Kitty Hoynes, Lemon Grass and Pasta’s; Armory’s starting to lose its shimmer imo.

Have you tried Three Lives?

I'm in the minority of people who don't like video/arcade games, but I hear they've got good cocktails and their food is on point.

Have you tried Three Lives?

I'm in the minority of people who don't like video/arcade games, but I hear they've got good cocktails and their food is on point.
I’ve heard their cocktails are entertaining. I havent been though. Will have to soon.

That's brutal. If I was still in the area I'd be pretty devastated. Can only hope that the new place still has a soul and isn't just some sterile place hoping to cash in on $9 drafts.

That's brutal. If I was still in the area I'd be pretty devastated. Can only hope that the new place still has a soul and isn't just some sterile place hoping to cash in on $9 drafts.

Ehhh. It hasn't been the real tusk since before the pandemic. Had some great times there, but maybe I've lived here too long as all the places the out of towners hate to see closed really don't have an affect on me.

Evergreen is great in Hanover. Their Brunch is awesome. It's probably our favorite bar. Love Kitty and Lemon Grass, but Pasta's has always been a place that's too popular with out of towners and people who haven't lived here for 10-15 years.

Ehhh. It hasn't been the real tusk since before the pandemic. Had some great times there, but maybe I've lived here too long as all the places the out of towners hate to see closed really don't have an affect on me.
Probably right about this and your follow up comment. I only get up there once or twice a year now. So the part about pastas is right on. I still go there because I know that I can hit it and get quality riggies and taking no chance of it missing. If I lived there I probably wouldn't be apt to want to spend $100 on a couple bowls of pasta seeing as I never do that anywhere else. Tusk though would probably be my usual if it was nearby though you mentioned it was different of late so maybe it wouldn't have been.

The Armory of when I was at SU 20 years ago seems virtually gone.

When I was there, our night out would be dinner at Empire, a beer at Tusk, hours spent at Awful Al's Cigar Bar (which is dead despite some crappy incarnation still existing), and a night cap of roast beef and darts at Clark's.

Sucks.

Clark's was such a unique place in a great way. It's almost a shock to your brain when you walk in and it's quiet. But then you realize how nice it is to just have a laid-back conversation with the people you're with without yelling.
That would be my preferred bar setting like 95% of the time, since I hit about 25 or so. We need more places like that.

That would be my preferred bar setting like 95% of the time, since I hit about 25 or so. We need more places like that.

What kills me about places like Clark's and Blue Tusk is that that are iconic enough that there should be a buyer. I mean, in both cases it would be a challenge because they were/are being forced out of their original location. But Clark's in particular had a really unique niche.

What kills me about places like Clark's and Blue Tusk is that that are iconic enough that there should be a buyer. I mean, in both cases it would be a challenge because they were/are being forced out of their original location. But Clark's in particular had a really unique niche.

There is a bar being that is replacing Blue Tusk. Probably going to be similar to the Hops Spot though.

Clarks had some significant issues at the end. The Nephew ran it and turned it into a hangout/part every night for his friends. It was totally mismanaged.

When I was a senior a group of students were able to organize a Senior Bar Crawl in Armory Square that was a lot of fun. I didn't go Downtown that much since it was before Uber/Lyft was a thing, but it was great to check out places like Empire/Blue Tusk/Al's/Daisy Duke's/Benjamin's/etc.

Def going to miss the Tusk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom