Blueprint to beat Gonzaga | Syracusefan.com

Blueprint to beat Gonzaga

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Just do whatever St Mary's is doing in the first half. Control the tempo. No offensive boards for the Zags. Don't give them open shots. How will Few's adjustments work in the 2nd half?

Would not surprise me if we face the Zags next weekend.

Last time Gonzaga played St. Mary's they were up 2 at the half, then went on a 17-0 run in the second half.

The game before that they beat them by 48.

I suspect they will come back and take this one by double digits... but then again they play the game on the court.

The St Mary’s coach seemed pretty surprised as well in his interview on the way off the court

The St Mary’s coach seemed pretty surprised as well in his interview on the way off the court
I think he was very surprised that they held the Zags to so many points below their average. I'll have to rewatch what he said but it was almost as if it was because the Zags missed shots and not that his team played well defensively.

I suspect they will come back and take this one by double digits... but then again they play the game on the court.
You would think.

I think he was very surprised that they held the Zags to so many points below their average. I'll have to rewatch what he said but it was almost as if it was because the Zags missed shots and not that his team played well defensively.

You are generally right

He credited Gonzaga's poor play first ... and then his team's hard work as to the result so far.

Just do whatever St Mary's is doing in the first half. Control the tempo. No offensive boards for the Zags. Don't give them open shots. How will Few's adjustments work in the 2nd half?

Would not surprise me if we face the Zags next weekend.
No offensive boards and no open shots? That’s the blueprint to beat anyone lol

I don’t think the Zags guards are that good

St. Marys steals the first bid of the tourney. Wonder whose bubble popped tonight (spoiler: not ours :cool:)

St. Marys steals the first bid of the tourney. Wonder whose bubble popped tonight (spoiler: not ours :cool:)

Possibly the second -- not sure if Belmont is an at-large or not.

Interesting the strategy is to really slow the game down, something we do without even trying. However in 2016 the strategy was to speed the game up vs zags, which we did via pressure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom