BMK update | Syracusefan.com

BMK update

pearl31

in cahoots
via Donna D in today's online PS:

Keita update -- The Syracuse center said he feels fine physically since rehabbing from his sprained right knee. He now needs to get used to playing with his knee encased in a brace.

"I'm moving a little bit slower than I'm used to," he said. "This is a learning process for me. I've never played with a brace before."

pearl31 said:

Keita update -- The Syracuse center said he feels fine physically since rehabbing from his sprained right knee. He now needs to get used to playing with his knee encased in a brace.

"I'm moving a little bit slower than I'm used to," he said. "This is a learning process for me. I've never played with a brace before."

Not good, imo.

So if he has to wear the brace for the rest of the year is he going to need surgery in the off season?

That sucks, one thing BMK is definitely not known for is good upper extremities. Now he's having to play a step slower, not good for one of our best defenders and rim protectors. Heal up BMK, we need you in March.

OK all you sports medicine types - if he feels fine, why is he wearing a brace? Is this a precautionary measure? Or, is there more to this?

OK all you sports medicine types - if he feels fine, why is he wearing a brace? Is this a precautionary measure? Or, is there more to this?
To help stabilize the joint. A sprain is when a ligament is stretched beyond normal limits. This job of the ligament is too stabilize the joint and limit any movement beyond Normal parameters. So I'm guessing the knee , although , no pain, is not 100 percent stable yet. Not wearing a brace raises risk of re injury.

PeteCalvin said:
Why can't they give him some super lightweight brace made of secret space age materials? No need to outfit him like an NFL QB. I'm sure Marsh could build him something in the garage out of Nerf products.

I can whip something up from old pbr cans. Not only would it be lightweight but very stylish

He's girding his loins... no reason not to be cautious.

I can whip something up from old pbr cans. Not only would it be lightweight but very stylish

I've seen some of these new-fangled PBR can apparatus... This Florida Festivus pole made national news in December:

o-FESTIVUS-POLE-570.jpg