Bo 30 for 30 | Syracusefan.com

Bo 30 for 30

mountaincuse

All American
Flipped through after out hoops game and saw this. Was pretty interested until Pat Dye showed up.

F Pat Dye

Flipped through after out hoops game and saw this. Was pretty interested until Pat Dye showed up.

F Pat Dye
My stomach turned when I saw that dirtbag Pat Dye. My wife had to endure my tirade reliving that bowl game.

Best athlete ever to live on this planet.
This is true.

But, I had to change the channel as I was getting a bit upset when I saw Dye's mug. Especially after they praised the decision to go for it on 4th and goal against Auburn.

F Dye.

God I loved Bo. I was only like 8-10 range when he was at his peak, but my brother and I had electric football and I made sure to paint one team black and silver so that one of them would have #34 on his jersey.

This is true.

But, I had to change the channel as I was getting a bit upset when I saw Dye's mug. Especially after they praised the decision to go for it on 4th and goal against Auburn.

F Dye.
I hated Dye. Total DB.

I have read Bo knows Bo probably 20 times growing up. I got home to late to watch it tonight (well and there is a good hoops game on right now) so I will watch it when it is on again.

Agree 100% on Dye.

But, I have to say that this 30/30 on Bo has been a really fun watch.

I felt the same about Bo as I did about Barry Sanders. I feel disappointed and cheated that we didn't get a chance to see all they could do. Still, Bo Jackson is simply the greatest pure athlete of the 20th century.

Question: Hall of Fame is a stats based award. But should an exception be made for Bo? It seems wrong that he isn't recognized as one of the greatest to play the game.

I felt the same about Bo as I did about Barry Sanders. I feel disappointed and cheated that we didn't get a chance to see all they could do. Still, Bo Jackson is simply the greatest pure athlete of the 20th century.

Question: Hall of Fame is a stats based award. But should an exception be made for Bo? It seems wrong that he isn't recognized as one of the greatest to play the game.
Was thinking the same thing. He certainly deserves consideration based on his achievements for an abbreviated career. Oh yeah - F Pat Dye

I hated Dye. Total DB.

I have read Bo knows Bo probably 20 times growing up. I got home to late to watch it tonight (well and there is a good hoops game on right now) so I will watch it when it is on again.

How'd I do marsh?

I'm glad I watched it - the Bo era burned out as fast as it came on and I really forgot how great he was.

I was watching the game when he got hurt - never thought in a million years that hobble step he took before he went down would be the last step I'd see him take on the field as an NFL player. Guy was amazing.

Better athlete Jim Brown or Bo Jackson?
Both so big and so fast. Both multi sport athletes. Who do ya got?
I take brown simply because he is arguably the greatest NFL player ever and he was so good at lax, they changed the rules.

Better athlete Jim Brown or Bo Jackson?
Both so big and so fast. Both multi sport athletes. Who do ya got?
I take brown simply because he is arguably the greatest NFL player ever and he was so good at lax, they changed the rules.
It's a tough, perhaps impossible call, largely because Bo's career(s) ended so quickly.

But things to keep in mind about Bo: 4.12 40 time. 6'8" high jump. Only player to ever be an All-Star in the NFL and MLB.

I think Brown is the best running back ever, but Bo may still be a better athlete.

My stomach turned when I saw that dirtbag Pat Dye. My wife had to endure my tirade reliving that bowl game.

This. He said something during that interview along the lines of "No one remembers Pat Dye". I said out loud "Oh, we remember you"- and then proceeded to launch into a probably similar rant about the Sugar Bowl to my wife...

Funny,when I think of Bo the same memory always comes up. They showed him on a replay once after he hit a ball in the gap. His speed at that size from home plate to third base was jaw-dropping.

Definitely the best athlete ever to live on Super Tecmo Bowl.

Maybe but you better be running the pitch to the top otherwise LT is tackling him, the qb, and fb all in the backfield as soon as the ball is snapped.

I was probably 10 or so, first and only time at the prior yankee stadium, saw him rob mattingly of a double in the gap, had no business getting there and made it look easy. i don't remember much else about that trip but that's vivid.

I saw Bo hit 3 home runs in his first 3 AB's at Yankee Stadium. He had to leave the game after getting hurt diving for a ball before his next AB. Even diving for the ball he looked like Superman. I've never seen anything better it person. Well, except when SU pounded PSU in the Dome back in the day.

I only wish that he had stuck with baseball only.

He did super human things on the diamond.

He would have been one of the all-time greats if not the greatest of his generation.

I only wish that he had stuck with baseball only.

He did super human things on the diamond.

He would have been one of the all-time greats if not the greatest of his generation.
i'm the opposite. i think he would've been the best rb not named jim brown. baseball was all highlights for him but he had a very long way to go as a hitter.

i don't blame baseball for the hip injury, i just wish he'd gotten more football games in before the injury

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom