Boardwalk Empire | Syracusefan.com

Boardwalk Empire

donniesyracuse

Hall of Fame
I was a little nervous going into this season without Jimmy, but man, this season has been great. I thought Sunday's episode was fantastic.

The season finale was excellent. After a slow start, this has become one of the great dramas on television.

I agree. I always found it enjoyable and entertaining and love the attention to detail, but this season it really elevated into being a great television.

The the last two episodes of the season were "edge of your seat" good. And is there any more awesome character in the history of tv than Richard Harrow? And by killing Jimmy last season you legitimately don't know whether the main non-historical characters are safe. Plus, the way they shot the scene where Richard went into the Artemis club was great.

I agree. I always found it enjoyable and entertaining and love the attention to detail, but this season it really elevated into being a great television.

The the last two episodes of the season were "edge of your seat" good. And is there any more awesome character in the history of tv than Richard Harrow? And by killing Jimmy last season you legitimately don't know whether the main non-historical characters are safe. Plus, the way they shot the scene where Richard went into the Artemis club was great.

Yah, the answer is pretty much "no". You can make a case for Walter White, Tony Soprano, Vic Mackey and Al Swearengen... but Richard Harrow is the guy. I thought the ending to Unforgiven was as-good-as-it-gets for eye opening, fully anticipated ass kicking. Now... I have to consider Harrow's video game-like clinical reaming of essentially all of Rosetti's crew. A 10 for artistic impression and execution (LOL) of the leaning one handed decapitation with the 30 odd 6 or whatever that scoped rifle was.

I was so waiting for this outburst too. Halfway through the episode I paused it and was like, "Where TF is Harrow?!?"

Here's to the most compelling silver screen character of this season IMO. I really hope he returns for S04 and remains a featured player.

Yah, the answer is pretty much "no". You can make a case for Walter White, Tony Soprano, Vic Mackey and Al Swearengen... but Richard Harrow is the guy. I thought the ending to Unforgiven was as-good-as-it-gets for eye opening, fully anticipated ass kicking. Now... I have to consider Harrow's video game-like clinical reaming of essentially all of Rosetti's crew. A 10 for artistic impression and execution (LOL) of the leaning one handed decapitation with the 30 odd 6 or whatever that scoped rifle was.

I was so waiting for this outburst too. Halfway through the episode I paused it and was like, "Where TF is Harrow?!?"

Here's to the most compelling silver screen character of this season IMO. I really hope he returns for S04 and remains a featured player.

The writers have to know what a popular character he is and how emotionally invested people are in him. That can't be the end of his story.

And I loved the scene at the beach when Rosetti's guy was like "what the was up with the guy in the mask." That was just a great episode.

Finally caught up in episodes last night...While watching Harrow go off on Rosetti's crew I was sitting there getting pumped up and saying to myself F-ya Harrow kill those !! That dude is an un-assuming bad-ass. The only thing I am wondering is if they are going to have go off on his own story in the serie. If he stays in A-City will he be anti or pro Nucky? Also, couldn't wait until Rosetti got killed off, that dude was definitely a psycho!! The character you know will be around are Nucky, Lansky, Luciano, Capone, etc., the true historical characters. The others are up in the air and better watch their backs.

Great show, wish the seasons were longer though, feels like this season just started and is allready over. Lot of ways they can go next year, perhaps Knucky waring with Rothstein or Massarea or maybe a new character comes into play. Would also like to see them shake things up with Lansky, Luciano etc, one of them getting killed off and breaking historical accuracy would be interesting.

Finally caught up in episodes last night...While watching Harrow go off on Rosetti's crew I was sitting there getting pumped up and saying to myself F-ya Harrow kill those !! That dude is an un-assuming bad-ass. The only thing I am wondering is if they are going to have go off on his own story in the serie. If he stays in A-City will he be anti or pro Nucky? Also, couldn't wait until Rosetti got killed off, that dude was definitely a psycho!! The character you know will be around are Nucky, Lansky, Luciano, Capone, etc., the true historical characters. The others are up in the air and better watch their backs.

My feeling about Rosetti really changed throughout the season. At first I thought he was almost a cartoon character villain. I don't know that they ever gave him real depth, but the opening scene of the season when he killed the guy on the side of the road really set him up as someone who could go off at any time. You had no idea whether he was going to kill whoever he was speaking to. He became a really menacing character.

Also, I noticed on my second viewing of the finale how Tommy ran into Richard's arms when he finally killed the last guy. I didn't know I could like Richard Harrow more than I did.

Great show, wish the seasons were longer though, feels like this season just started and is allready over. Lot of ways they can go next year, perhaps Knucky waring with Rothstein or Massarea or maybe a new character comes into play. Would also like to see them shake things up with Lansky, Luciano etc, one of them getting killed off and breaking historical accuracy would be interesting.

I wish the seasons last longer, but I think a huge part of the reason why we're in a golden age of television is because of short seasons. So much easier to make great tv when you're only doing 10-12 episodes a year versus 22. And look at Curb. Larry David does 12 episodes every two years and that show keeps getting better.

I was afraid they were going to kill Richard off at some point this season. I honestly would have stopped watching the show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom