Bob Burton not happy UConn left out in the cold | Syracusefan.com

Bob Burton not happy UConn left out in the cold

OE, link is not working. I was waiting to hear what Burton would have to say about all of this.

Pretty rational response. He says they were reactive and were caught off guard.

I just think a number of things happened at precisely the wrong time for UConn.
1) they lost randy edsall and hired P. An already marginal football product sees no improvement
2) they lose their President and AD just as expansion gets serious
3) NCAA sanctions force an exodus of basketball talent and forces their HOF coach into retirement

This was just too many things for the new president/AD to deal with at one time.

imager.php

Who cares about Bob Burton.

He seems to be a very wealthy man who wants the world to do as he wishes.

He seems be what Romney described - a person who feels very entitled.

Who cares about Bob Burton.

He seems to be a very wealthy man who wants the world to do as he wishes.

He seems be what Romney described - a person who feels very entitled.

This is a comment for another board, so I won't post anything more on the topic after I say this. I don't think he was the type of person that Romney was talking about.

This is a comment for another board, so I won't post anything more on the topic after I say this. I don't think he was the type of person that Romney was talking about.

Really???

Wow.

How could I have missed that???

Really???

Wow.

How could I have missed that???

You're so infrequently sarcastic that when it happens it flies right past me. Don't I feel the fool. Not the first time, won't be the last.

@Mengus22: Wow. RT @EdDaigneault Heard from a reliable person that Syracuse indeed opposed UConn's bid for the ACC.

"We're five years too late..."

Bull$#!+, Bob. You were 20 years too late. A decade at least. UConn should have tried to go D1 LONG before if they wanted to be big time. They didn't. Too bad...so sad, Bob. You lose. BUT we do have a nice consolation prize for you Bob. You get to play against Temple, San Diego State and ECU. Thanks for playing, Bob.

@Mengus22: Wow. RT @EdDaigneault Heard from a reliable person that Syracuse indeed opposed UConn's bid for the ACC.
Their fanbase might not like this very much. ;)

just maybe...just maybe Swofford and the ACC just does not want to deal with U-Con as long as the romneylite character is on the campus at all hours and has a family named sports complex there

This means nothing, just says to me that they wanted Louisville first

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom