Bobby Knight returns to Assembly Hall | Syracusefan.com

Bobby Knight returns to Assembly Hall

Sad that his health is not great, from a couple of articles I have read it sounds like he could have Alzheimer’s. With that being said, I loathe the guy, but would never wish bad health on him or anyone

Exactly how I feel. Not a fan of him at all, but I wanted to see that moment and it was sad to see his health not so great.

Dicky V tried to have a nice moment (as he always does) and hug him, and Knight pretended to shove him away and shouted "don't mess with me!" He was obviously kidding, but it was just kind of socially awkward.

Dicky V tried to have a nice moment (as he always does) and hug him, and Knight pretended to shove him away and shouted "don't mess with me!" He was obviously kidding, but it was just kind of socially awkward.
don’t think that was kidding

Wow the years have been kinder to JB than they have to Bobby for sure when you consider only a 4 year age difference.
I thought the same thing. I was shocked at how much Knight’s health had declined when he came out. Didn’t realize it was only a four year age difference between him and JB until I looked it up. yes JB should be thankful for his health. I also found an IndyStar article from last spring about a public event Knight did and it was apparent from the reporting that his mental faculties are fading. Sounds like possible early dementia or Alzheimer’s. And Vitale and others referred to him going through tough times. The man has a complex legacy but it’s still sad to see. But celebratory day at IU for their players and fans (except for the game itself!).

Last edited:
I should add that I’ll always hate IU and Knight for 1987. Broke my 12 year old heart.

He was having problems several years ago doing color work for the networks. He came and went in that capacity in less than two or three years.

There was no kidding going on. He's always been a violent bully, way before dementia entered the picture.

He did not look healthy. I don’t want to say anymore. Hopefully he was able to appreciate the love he got. As he was a bully but nobody should lose their mental abilities. It’s brutal.

don’t think that was kidding

Dicky V recounted earlier in the broadcast that Bobby Knight, more than anybody else, was responsible for Dicky V getting into the HoF. They have a good relationship.

He was having problems several years ago doing color work for the networks. He came and went in that capacity in less than two or three years.

Yeah I thought he was a great analyst at first despite being a loathsome figure but had to stop not of his own choosing due to losing it upstairs. And therefore I was rather surprised to read he’s only 79.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom