Boeheim “you can’t criticize if you aren’t here” | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim “you can’t criticize if you aren’t here”

DPCuse

Starter
Interesting take by coach in the postgame saying something along the lines of people can’t criticize if they aren’t at the game. He said you can’t see things from home.

Well, I was at the game today because I love being there. But I can tell you, I can see a heckuva lot better on my HD TV with replays than I can from my seat at the dome with very few replays.

Interesting take by coach in the postgame saying something along the lines of people can’t criticize if they aren’t at the game. He said you can’t see things from home.

Well, I was at the game today because I love being there. But I can tell you, I can see a heckuva lot better on my HD TV with replays than I can from my seat at the dome with very few replays.
He’s wrong.

Saw the quote quickly on Twitter but thought it was in the context of practice - I.e. if you’re not at practice you can’t comment on who should/should not be in the rotation.

Not saying I agree but I believe that was the context.

Saw the quote quickly on Twitter but thought it was in the context of practice - I.e. if you’re not at practice you can’t comment on who should/should not be in the rotation.

Not saying I agree but I believe that was the context.
It was in that context and coming to games and I really liked what he said about Benny. Something to the effect of "Benny is our best forward in practice every practice and I'm sticking with him."

Crowd looked somewhat decent today I thought.

Lower level seemed more full, and there were a decent amount behind the basket in the upper level. Seemed bigger than most of our crowds have been.
It was a solid crowd. Seemed like a lot of parents brought their kids to get them out of the house. More families than usual.

His shtick was a lot more tolerable when the team was a reasonably consistent contender. All time great. I'll always be a Boeheim fan. But its new year's team against a lousy team and the team has been mediocre. And as per above it was a reasonably solid crowd.

It was in that context and coming to games and I really liked what he said about Benny. Something to the effect of "Benny is our best forward in practice every practice and I'm sticking with him."

Today it was clear he was playing like the best forward have. Also had he not needed benching early he may have had a much bigger game.

It's there it just has to click he can do this every night.

I actually thought Qadir’s defense was spectacular. Several tipped passes. Just couldn’t add anything on the offensive end of the court.
He looks for the flashy passes so much that he doesn't seem to make the obvious plays.

Sounds like typical coach which is typical BS can you see as much as you could if you were there no but you can see enough and certain things you don't have to be right there to see what's going on that's just another way for him to try to keep people inline on his side thinking he's right whatever the case may be

That's what fans do.
They criticize.
Rightly or wrongly.
Sometimes they praise.
That's why they're fans.
That's not going to change.

Ironically...that's what the coach gets for having so many guys who may deserve playing time...instead of the usual 7 or (maybe) 8.

I’m sure that he would take criticism from
people who were “there” in a mature and professional manner…

I actually thought Qadir’s defense was spectacular. Several tipped passes. Just couldn’t add anything on the offensive end of the court.
thought JB was right to pull him too when he decided to be fancy dribbler. Just needs to be solid on O and not make mistakes

That's why you DVR it. Watch it in person and then watch it on TV. I can't wait to rewatch it to see how legit some of the refs calls were.

I disagree. You get a much better feel for the game being live. You can see effort and body language. You see bench players reactions and you can tell when officials are not paying attention to the game, ie TV Ted.

We are a boring slow team to watch if we aren’t ranked highly we not get full houses for teams like BC anymore.

Did we even have a dunk today?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom