Boeheim as offensive coach... | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim as offensive coach...

supp

Hall of Fame
Over the years, we've heard a lot from press accounts and other coaches about how Boeheim's greatest strength is on the offensive side of the ball. Watching our ball club over the past couple of years, it's hard to see the evidence for that. Reading Boeheim's quotes about the problems on offense this year, I've never been convinced by the whole "we've got to make more shots" diagnosis. My admittedly non-expert eyes can tell me that there are more fundamental problems at work here. Thankfully, the expert posters have explained the problems of strategy and purpose on the offensive end that I have sensed but couldn't verbalize.

My question is how do you square his reputation with our performance in recent years? Is it merely the players? We've had a bunch of roster turnover in the past three years or so. If it is the players, then our prospect assessments or development program needs a bit of tune-up. I get the sense that Boeheim is less hands-on than he used to be in the past and has Hopkins and the other assistants running practices for him. What does that suggest about the future when Hopkins is running this program? I don't know the answers to these questions. I'm curious to know what people think. All I know is that we've haven't looked good on offense in 3-4 years. Maui and Villanova were clearly the anomalies this year, not the other way around.

Last edited:
1. We haven't recruited a lot of scorers lately
2. Zone comes first
3. Run the same thing over and over

Usually our defense is great and keeps us in games and we get by with natural talent on the offensive end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom