Boeheim vs. McCroskey | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim vs. McCroskey

Cusefan10923

Walk On
What exactly went down between these two? Rumor I always heard was he went after JB in the locker room after an away game his junior year? I know he remained on the team til the end of the year before he transferred out.

I’ve never heard anyone talk about it. Think it was brought up once on one of Devos podcasts but you could tell they didn’t want to get into it.

What exactly went down between these two? Rumor I always heard was he went after JB in the locker room after an away game his junior year? I know he remained on the team til the end of the year before he transferred out.

I’ve never heard anyone talk about it. Think it was brought up once on one of Devos podcasts but you could tell they didn’t want to get into it.

Rutgers at the Dome his junior year, IIRC. The game Terence Roberts hit the three to win.

Upvote 0
Rutgers at the Dome his junior year, IIRC. The game Terence Roberts hit the three to win.

hahaha and then didnt he wear a mink coat to post game press conference his mom had been saving for a special occasion to give to him.

my buddy heckled quincy Douby pre game. and the guy went OFF and i believe hit a half court shot after the buzzer that would have won the game had it counted.

There was also an incidnet with Ricky Shields. was he on that team? or a different year?

Upvote 0
hahaha and then didnt he wear a mink coat to post game press conference his mom had been saving for a special occasion to give to him.

my buddy heckled quincy Douby pre game. and the guy went OFF and i believe hit a half court shot after the buzzer that would have won the game had it counted.

There was also an incidnet with Ricky Shields. was he on that team? or a different year?

Man, they do blur together after a few years but that sounds about right.

Upvote 0
Unrelated: Posts in this thread (but not others?) are showing me an ‘upvote’ option at the bottom (on the side in desktop)? What is that?

Upvote 3
I see now. If you mark your post as a question instead of a discussion, upvoting becomes a thing to push the best answer to the top?

Interesting

Upvote 3
McCroskey was volatile, and bristled at JB's acerbic approach to coaching. JB got on Louie pretty hard, because he was inconsistent and didn't listen.

Things came to a head and McCroskey came at JB in the locker room, and had to be stopped by his teammates / the ACs.

JB swept it under the rug, but he was coaxed to move on after the season.

Last edited:
Upvote 4
McCroskey was volatile, and bristled at JB's acerbic approach to coaching. JB got on Louie pretty hard, because he was inconsistent.

Things came to a head and McCroskey came at JB in the locker room, and had to be stopped by his teammates / the ACs.

Didn't he miss the game at UConn after the Rutgers game?

Upvote 0
I see now. If you mark your post as a question instead of a discussion, upvoting becomes a thing to push the best answer to the top?

Interesting
Maybe it’s because the thread title is a versus

Upvote 0
Maybe it’s because the thread title is a versus

It looks like when you go to post a new thread you have; discussion, poll, and question as options. If you choose question, upvotes are enabled.

I don’t know if that’s always been there and I’ve never seen it or if it’s new.

Upvote 1
McCroskey was volatile, and bristled at JB's acerbic approach to coaching. JB got on Louie pretty hard, because he was inconsistent.

Thank you!

Upvote 0

Transferred to Marist as I recall.

He wasn't P5 material for sure.

Upvote 0
It’s funny because Louie’s freshman year (03-04) I remember everyone being fairly bullish on him. He showed some flashes of having some excellent potential. But then it soon became apparent that he was a head case.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom