Boeheimium Rhapsody

Cuseregular

All American
Go see it. One of the best movies I've seen in years if not ever.

And I'm not even a queen "fan" as it just wasn't my type of music and the lead singers over the top persona was kind of off putting (and something I had to get beyond in the movie). Sure I remember the music mostly for its sports uses back in the day, but the wife (the artist in the family) loves the band and Freddy mercurys talent and versatility so we went on opening night to a packed house.

High emotions in the theater to say the least. Gotta imagine this is going to be a huge word of mouth movie and have legs with Oscar nominations and the like. Forget the music for a second the movie is a absolute success as a pure drama capturing the human condition, frustrations, family dynamics and accomplishments of all involved from the band members to family and friends. But it also applies universally well beyond the immediate topic and characters.

The ending was such an over the top unbelievable musical performance of both band and fans that having never seen it I thought no way it could have possibly been true and happened as shown, so afterwards I went back and found it. It's the one and only time I can ever recall in a movie that if anything they underplayed it. It was truly amazing and I now have a greater appreciation for the music.

What a great and moving movie experience, see it.

Last edited:

bevosu

All American
I'm fairly picky about my music (mostly jazz, rock, doo wop), but even though I don't love (I like them) Queen or all of their music...Freddie Mercury had a terrific voice. Whoever put him front and center knew what he had.

lummgr

All Conference
I hated them as a kid and teen, was always a metal guy. Then at some point in my twenties I had a moment when I said “oh man these guys are amazing”. Can’t wait to see it.

Freddie gets most the love, but Brian May might be the most underrated guitarist ever. Outside of guitar players that is.

Cuseregular

All American
I hated them as a kid and teen, was always a metal guy. Then at some point in my twenties I had a moment when I said “oh man these guys are amazing”. Can’t wait to see it.

Freddie gets most the love, but Brian May might be the most underrated guitarist ever. Outside of guitar players that is.
Friend had same reaction, said we should see it in iMax or rpx format, so that's what we're gonna do for round two this week sometime.

upperdeck

Living Legend
interesting its getting panned by so many for not really telling the true story because the toned it down to a pg-13

got to see it and it was worth it.. i know of the big songs but thats about it.. but i thought this was a very powerful telling and the songs played it well.
Amen this has been the universal reaction of those I know who have seen it. It's really, for the lack of better phrase, a celebration of the human spirit and is a story of the human condition as much as it is about music, and obviously the music of queen.

Just back from a second viewing, just as good as the first, and for the first time in our lives with any movie, we will go back for a third time (full disclosure we missed the imax show we wanted to see, the ending of this movie alone is worth the price of admission and will be of the charts cool in the imax format).

that ending scene was crazy how much i looked like the real thing. also pretty cool how it was the first thing they filmed and really made them feel they could pull off the whole movie

that ending scene was crazy how much i looked like the real thing. also pretty cool how it was the first thing they filmed and really made them feel they could pull off the whole movie
ive not read up on anything yet re the making the movie. Never even heard of the lead actor, will be interesting to hear more about it being made, etc. as this thing takes flight in the weeks to come. Where did you read that on the initial scene?

he was on the tonight show talking about being in char and how much he studied up..

he is a good actor doing a great job on MR Robot. won an emmy for that role.

first time i saw him was in night at the museum

Top Bottom