Boeheim's Army / TBT 2021 | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army / TBT 2021

Limiting ourselves to available SU players is what I meant, not talking about any one position.

A lot of it comes down to availability [as we've seen -- we've had lots of players commit, then not participate for various reasons]. Might need to emulate what recent winners have done, and supplement the nucleus.

Or to maybe weed out some of the "older" guys and replace them with players who are more suited to the small ball orientation of this tournament -- as you point out, guys who are better shooters, guys who can drive the ball and create, etc.

I've also been disappointed by some recent performances from guys -- CJ and Gbinije in particular -- who I know are young, playing professionally, but looked "worse" than when they recently played at SU. Part of that problem is that this is a guard-driven tournament.

I'm excited to see how CJ does this year. I'm excited EVERY YEAR to see our players. But I'd be even more excited to see 7 out of 10 of our players win the tournament, or get to the F4, instead of getting bounced by teams we're probably better than, because those teams are better "fits" for how TBT is played.
I thought Gbinije was going to dominate the TBT. Really surprised he was bad.

Andrew White was bad too. Hopefully a new coach can run some plays for him that work because a shooter of that caliber should thrive in a tournament with little D.

I'm with you as far as not needing all the players to be SU alumni. I've bought into the TBT as a way to get my summertime basketball fix. I don't need it to be an SU old timers game to be interested. As long as most of the players are ex SU I'm excited about a few free agents that make the team better.

I'm also glad they are bringing in an outside coach who I assume won't play zone D which is not right for this event.

So who do we think the new players will be? Any chance Jimmer is one of them? He lead a crap team to the finals before. I would think we'd be big time favorites with him.

I thought Gbinije was going to dominate the TBT. Really surprised he was bad.

Andrew White was bad too. Hopefully a new coach can run some plays for him that work because a shooter of that caliber should thrive in a tournament with little D.

I'm with you as far as not needing all the players to be SU alumni. I've bought into the TBT as a way to get my summertime basketball fix. I don't need it to be an SU old timers game to be interested. As long as most of the players are ex SU I'm excited about a few free agents that make the team better.

I'm also glad they are bringing in an outside coach who I assume won't play zone D which is not right for this event.

So who do we think the new players will be? Any chance Jimmer is one of them? He lead a crap team to the finals before. I would think we'd be big time favorites with him.
Ugh, no. If Jimmer's on the team, the team is Jimmer.

One-year players Gillon / White have both said that their experience with Boeheim's Army made them feel more connected to our program / fanbase -- because it gave them the opportunity to don Orange and connect with the fans outside of that lone year.

Will be interesting to see if the same happens for Chris McCullough.

One-year players Gillon / White have both said that their experience with Boeheim's Army made them feel more connected to our program / fanbase -- because it gave them the opportunity to don Orange and connect with the fans outside of that lone year.

Really sucks he got hurt and wasn't able to make a splash in the NBA. He looked really good before the injury.

I, for one, welcome The Hammer back with open arms

FB15B3A1-EC5C-4183-8F12-1729CA4FB4C2.gif

Illinois Region

#3 seed vs Forces of Seoul: Sat, July 24, 12:00 p.m. in Peoria, Illinois.

No. 14 seed: Forces of Seoul
Led by former Florida big man Vernon Macklin and ex-Indiana guard Josh Newkirk. Forces of Seoul is a group of American talents with international experience playing in South Korea.

1. Marquette Golden Eagles
2. Illinois House of 'Paign
3. Syracuse Boeheim's Army
4. Oregon Always US

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online