Boeheim's Army vs Heartfire | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs Heartfire

Devo shows his age. Hate to say it because I love the guy. But he doesn't have it to be truly competitive with these guys. He's reduced to being a glue guy, scrapping for loose balls. Which is fine, it's just that he can't get by guys to drive the lane anymore, and his passes have been all over the place.
He looked fine getting by his man for a lefty layup. Not sure what you were watching.

regardless of the quality, I'm in love with the Elam ending.
Jack Elam died October 20, 2003, at his home in Ashland, Oregon, after several years of ill health.

He looked fine getting by his man for a lefty layup. Not sure what you were watching.

i honestly think he saved the game. Heartfire was on a huge run in maybe the 3rd quarter (can’t remember but it was late). I think they got the lead and Devo came in and totally stabilized the situation with a drive and hoop, a forced tie-up giving us possession, and if memory serves maybe even a blocked jumpshot leading to a breakaway. My details might be slightly off but he completely stopped their run and got us back on track.

It was another ugly win. My beef is the play and coaching seems to be very lackadaisical, the team hasn't gone into the locker room for half time adjustments either game, maybe I should expect less but heck these guys are going for a MILLION Dollars!

As others have said this seems to be more street ball this year than years past which is disappointing but I guess its better than nothing.

As one could expect the fan base has been small for the first 2 games in Peoria, maybe 60-75 or so Cuse Fans for game 1 and less than 25 last night.
I really wanted to go with my son over the weekend, but we wouldn’t have been able to stay for last night and one opening round game didn’t seem worth the trip.

Also looked into going tomorrow with some friends who went to Bradley (original plan was to go with a friend who went to Illinois). They’re not interested.

i honestly think he saved the game. Heartfire was on a huge run in maybe the 3rd quarter (can’t remember but it was late). I think they got the lead and Devo came in and totally stabilized the situation with a drive and hoop, a forced tie-up giving us possession, and if memory serves maybe even a blocked jumpshot leading to a breakaway. My details might be slightly off but he completely stopped their run and got us back on track.
I remember this sequence as well, he was playing hard on defense and it paid off. Also he was still able to get by his man and made a few layups.

100%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom