Boeheim's will always makes it foolish to give up but I'm giving up | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's will always makes it foolish to give up but I'm giving up

The university should have forced jim out when Hopkins left. Just like Oklahoma forced stoops out when Lincoln was ready to bolt. They ruined the continuity plan. Now Hopkins probably can’t get hired because he is stuck out west where he doesn’t have the contacts and is about to turn into spoiled goods. This needs to be it for Jim regardless if we sneak in the tourney. It is time to go in a new direction.

It's simple. Everyone needs (or will be asked) to do more than they can consistently do, or are even able to do. At least as of today. Things like Swider's shooting won't always be that poor, but a lot of other key traits and team attributes are not as fixable as reverting back to a "mean" (like a shooting %), and that means our ceiling is quite capped.

imo, after watching the replay, the problem isn't whether Girard is pg or SG, the problem is when we don't have a 2nd forward who can score. Our Best lineup last night would of been Girard, Buddy, Symir, Jimmy, Edwards. When our big 3 scorers all shoot 32%, that is when we really need Cole to be around 50%. Got to give them all a pass though, first game on the road.

Last edited:
It's simple. Everyone needs (or will be asked) to do more than they can consistently do, or are even able to do. At least as of today. Things like Swider's shooting won't always be that poor, but a lot of other key traits and team attributes are not as fixable as reverting back to a "mean" (like a shooting %), and that means our ceiling is quite capped.
100 points to Colgate.
It’s a roster built where their is no way for anything to help the team off the bench.
You nailed it.
Swider will play better but then we could play a team that is better offensively and abuse our defense.

This team can also beat almost any team if we play well.
It’s just a very flawed team that wasn’t hard to see.

All the complaining is pointless the top of the pyramid doesn’t care.

I’m not giving up, but I’m more disinterested than I’ve been in awhile.

If we ever hired Danny Hurley, I think I’d give up. He’d have to multiple undefeated seasons to make me not want to punch that face.

I’m not giving up, but I’m more disinterested than I’ve been in awhile.

If we ever hired Danny Hurley, I think I’d give up. He’d have to multiple undefeated seasons to make me not want to punch that face.
He's getting a lot of "face time" right now: as UConn pulls ahead of MSU.

2 really bad defensive halfs against Colgate, 2 really bad shooting halfs against VCU.

I think any lack of hope is a tad exaggerated for this early, but the upcoming schedule is overwhelming.

100 points to Colgate.
It’s a roster built where their is no way for anything to help the team off the bench.
You nailed it.
Swider will play better but then we could play a team that is better offensively and abuse our defense.

This team can also beat almost any team if we play well.
It’s just a very flawed team that wasn’t hard to see.

All the complaining is pointless the top of the pyramid doesn’t care.
The “doesn’t care” narrative is BS. You have the right to say JB was wrong about the roster construction but you’re out of line to say he doesn’t care.
This is a lot like Gary Williams final years. He thought he could plug anyone in and win, but he’s finding out that he can’t.

The “doesn’t care” narrative is BS. You have the right to say JB was wrong about the roster construction but you’re out of line to say he doesn’t care.
This is a lot like Gary Williams final years. He thought he could plug anyone in and win, but he’s finding out that he can’t.
Yeah I think Alsacs said it, JAB wants to win his way, but it’s not working as well as it had and hasn’t for going on 6-7 years.

You took my words out of context.
The top of pyramid doesn’t care what people think. So there is no reason to complain. He is going to do it his way no matter what. He clearly wants to win but he doesn’t change.

You took my words out of context.
The top of pyramid doesn’t care what people think. So there is no reason to complain. He is going to do it his way no matter what. He clearly wants to win but he doesn’t change.
If this season is a total faceplant then JB and the “pyramid” will have to listen. But he has earned playing it out till the end to see where this thing goes next.
Personally its now going on 6 seasons or so where I’ve had serious issues w/ aspects of JB’s coaching. He always seems to bounce back in March- it’s the only thing thats kept us viable during that time. But those high wire acts can’t go on forever, and this might finally be the season where it flattens out. Ironic if it happens with his 2 sons on board.

In fact we are long past due for a face plant season . It’s the only thing that will trigger the chain of events necessary to turn the program around from a perennial bubble or worse team to an upper echelon team that is a legit title threat every so often .. we’ll never be a perennial contender again

Yea I want to move on from JB but I would never argue he doesn’t care.

He's getting a lot of "face time" right now: as UConn pulls ahead of MSU.
They are in the Top 25 and relevant. I wish we were in the Top 25 and relevant.

If this season is a total faceplant then JB and the “pyramid” will have to listen. But he has earned playing it out till the end to see where this thing goes next.
Personally its now going on 6 seasons or so where I’ve had serious issues w/ aspects of JB’s coaching. He always seems to bounce back in March- it’s the only thing thats kept us viable during that time. But those high wire acts can’t go on forever, and this might finally be the season where it flattens out. Ironic if it happens with his 2 sons on board.
It's actually 8 seasons. The last non-bubble season was 13-14, the 25-0 start, Tyler Ennis year. In 19, we were in solidly as an 8, that was when Frank got suspended. Technically, 2 non-bubble seasons in the last 9. I'm going to be optimistic and call this another bubble season unless we crater which is completely possible. Hardly elite, more like mediocre.

Last edited:
The university should have forced jim out when Hopkins left. Just like Oklahoma forced stoops out when Lincoln was ready to bolt. They ruined the continuity plan. Now Hopkins probably can’t get hired because he is stuck out west where he doesn’t have the contacts and is about to turn into spoiled goods. This needs to be it for Jim regardless if we sneak in the tourney. It is time to go in a new direction.
Completely agree with this. There was a good plan in place for a smooth transition. Would Hop have been the answer? We'll never know. But it was a better plan than anybody on the bench now to replace JB. And anybody still sticking to our last few tourney runs. The last team to have any chance of winning the whole thing was Trish's senior year.

I feel bad for Girard and all the piling on but he's not a point guard and he's really not the point guard this team needs. I just don't see any way to fix this
joe had his issues but it was buddy that continued to stand still has three point shooters spotted up with no close out.

Great call by the OP missing another loss tonight. He fans skip tomorrow‘s loss too.

joe had his issues but it was buddy that continued to stand still has three point shooters spotted up with no close out.
Got to agree here. Does JAB rip his own son up one side and down the other like he would somebody else's son?

I think we will improve and we have already.

Coach gets them in position every year by March. What is diff this year is the schedule is brutal and he has the off ramp w the boys graduating

I don’t think he holds on if this season goes wrong. It won’t be good for him or the school. He’s not dumb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom