Bon Voyage Just Lacrosse | Syracusefan.com

Bon Voyage Just Lacrosse

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Today marks the last edition of JustLacrosse Upstate as a service of searching for Upstate NY lacrosse news and sharing what we find with our visitors. For the foreseeable future we will continue to publish Dan Witmer's Road Trip Dad essays as often as he has them to share. Our site will stay up as well, with all the resources we've linked to, as well as a realtime flow from our Twitter account.

The technological advancements over the past 17 years have been historic. From some newspapers and colleges having web pages that were updated as their time and interest permited, to the current state of individual players being able to easily publish their own stories and highlight videos with a single click. Similarly, coaches, friends, and fans can easily follow their favorite programs, and individual players for updates to their lacrosse careers.

Beginning simply as a lacrosse fan with no playing experience, this journey was an absolute dream. We met so many lacrosse legends, watched some of the best lacrosse in the world, and did our best to show respect to the Native American roots of the Creator's game.

Thank you to all of our regular visitors over the years. You are the reason we began this project, and why we were able to continue it for over 17 years.

We had a lot of help along the way overcoming our biggest challenge - being seen as a legitimate source for Upstate lacrosse news. We couldn't end this journey without a special thanks to some of the folks who helped by offering friendship, opportunity, submissions, advice, and encouragement, all of which were all necessary in helping us make it this far. So, at the risk of forgetting someone, thank you David Alexander, George Baldassare, Rich Barnes, Ric Beardsley, Justin Coffman, Tom Hall, Dan Hardy, Matt Kinnear, Scott Neiss, Casey Powell, Mike Powell, Ryan Powell, Bradley Powless, Dave Rahme, Shawn Riley, Dan Sheehan, Michael Solamon, Bob Streeten, Regy Thorpe, Casey Vock, Scott "Woody" Weddell, Drew White, Chuck Wilber, Connor Wilson, and Paul Wilson.

And a very special thanks to Dan Witmer for everything he has done over these past almost 10 years to teach us all so much more of the history of Upstate lacrosse than we all thought we knew.

Take care, and stay safe,

Dennis

I wish you all the best Dennis thank you for producing and maintaining the website! I learned so much about the area, teams and characters of CNY. Your website is and was an amazing resource and source of entertainment. I’m so proud that I could contribute even in such a small way.

I know you worked extremely hard on JustLacrosse and would like to thank you for your efforts and passion. It was great to meet you at Colgate and is something I will
never forget, I wish you nothing but the best going forward my friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom