Class of 2016 - Boom Thread | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Boom Thread

How about a pinned Boom Thread where all commits could be posted?

Honestly I think it is easier to note the commit in their individual thread. Then if you want to know who is committed at a quick glance there is Teps' Recruits and offers thread or the commit link found in the pages drop down box.

Honestly I think it is easier to note the commit in their individual thread. Then if you want to know who is committed at a quick glance there is Teps' Recruits and offers thread or the commit link found in the pages drop down box.

I tend to agree. My issue is I'm set on mobile style so I completely forget about the drop down boxes unless I change that. But that's just something I have to remember.

I want a boom thread.

What could be easier than a single pinned thread? Also, drop downs are next to impossible on the phone.

What could be easier than a single pinned thread? Also, drop downs are next to impossible on the phone.

Then how about Teps pinned thread. It gives all the commits and is updated as needed. Also shows stars and other offers.

Plus there have been complaints by phone users on too many pinned threads.

Then how about Teps pinned thread. It gives all the commits and is updated as needed. Also shows stars and other offers.

Plus there have been complaints by phone users on too many pinned threads.
Teps is great but it is more than booms. I suppose that if all booms were to get posted there asap that could work.

Teps is great but it is more than booms. I suppose that if all booms were to get posted there asap that could work.

There is also OXs 2016 Fishes and Loaves pinned thread that lists the commits. And trust me that he updates it quickly.

There is also OXs 2016 Fishes and Loaves pinned thread that lists the commits. And trust me that he updates it quickly.
I guess I didn't do a very good job of making of my point. I was just thinking that a thread with only booms would make it easy to see the booms without having to scroll through lots of non-boom posts. No biggie though - just a thought.

If we keep getting booms at this pace you won't even need to pin the Boom Thread. Each boom will bump the Boom Thread.

Boom.

Good point. The board makes it pretty well known when we get a boom.

go_cuse_boom.jpg

So there's this old actor who's been out of the biz for a long time but decides he kind of misses the glitz and glam of his old life. So he calls up his agent and explains how he wants to get back in the game and wishes there was a small role in something that he can take just to get his feet wet again. His agent tells him he has the perfect role and puts him in touch with the director. The director calls and after the two exchange pleasantries the actor explains how it's been such a long time since he's had a role and he's very anxious about having to remember his lines and about rehearsing. "Don't worry about a thing" the director interjects. "Look, this is perfect. It's a live show, but all you have to do is walk out on the stage and say: Hark! I hear the cannon roar!" "That's it?" the old actor asked. "That's it" the director laughed, "piece of cake. You do this and you'll be a commodity again." "I see" the actor managed, more uncertain than before. "Alright, so see you in two weeks? Remember, Hark I hear the cannon roar!" An uneasy silence came over the line. "Well?" the director beckoned. "Alright, I'll do it!" the actor resolved. "Great!" elated, the director hung up. For the next two weeks the actor labored alone in his apartment, "Hark! I hear the cannon roar! Hark!...I hear the cannon...Roaar! Hark I hear the cannon roar! Hark...I hear...the cannon roar!" Quickly, slowly, whispering, screaming, pristinely sober, slobbering drunk...every conceivable intonation, day and night...At last opening night came. The actor donned his costume, sat in the make-up chair, and relished the commotion back stage as he waited for his cue. The curtain rose, confidently the old actor, as if starting to pedal a long forgotten bike, strode out onto the stage. He gazed out at the crowd, everyone eager and intently focused. With a dramatic flair he raised his hand, his finger pointed, and poised...opened his mouth. At that moment a thundering BOOOOOOOOOOM shook the entire theater. "What the f*@# was that!?!" the actor shouted.

Last Wednesday I predicted we'd have four commits by Monday. Looks like I might be proven right, even though two of those commits were not guys I expected!

Last Wednesday I predicted we'd have four commits by Monday. Looks like I might be proven right, even though two of those commits were not guys I expected!
Hmmm I only count 3. Could that mean...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom