Boost the Cuse is October 25th

Orangezoo

Hall of Fame
I received my reminder in the mail today with a nice pair of socks. If anyone is concerned about the athletic budget or any other part of the university budget you can donate to the university at mission.syr.edu/otto October 25th.

View attachment 141230
Nice. I much rather do this and get some cool stuff than those calls from freshmen asking an alum for money. I hate those calls.

jr4750

All American
Thanks for posting. I think we should try and remind the board many times before 10/25. Getting people to donate, whether $5 or more, goes a long way to the schools ranking. The number of donors matters more than the amounts. With the passionate base of fans on this board, we can really help the school and it doesn't have to cost much at all. While I believe money for the general scholarship fund to attract great students is important, non-alum sports fans can donate to the AD fund. It's a win win. Hope the board really rallies around this and we get a good amount of support.

cuse10

All Conference
Thanks for posting. I think we should try and remind the board many times before 10/25. Getting people to donate, whether $5 or more, goes a long way to the schools ranking. The number of donors matters more than the amounts. With the passionate base of fans on this board, we can really help the school and it doesn't have to cost much at all. While I believe money for the general scholarship fund to attract great students is important, non-alum sports fans can donate to the AD fund. It's a win win. Hope the board really rallies around this and we get a good amount of support.
They're aiming for 5,000 individual donations. That's a doable number. I waste what I plan to donate on clothes, sneakers and entertainment. I could chill out for once and give back.

bballbeadle

I’m a girl!
I received my reminder in the mail today with a nice pair of socks. If anyone is concerned about the athletic budget or any other part of the university budget you can donate to the university at mission.syr.edu/otto October 25th.

View attachment 141230
Ooh ooh! Will I have those socks waiting for me in the mailbox when I get home? No way I’m donating them! Sorry. I’ll give money but keep your hands off my tootsies!

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Magistrate

View attachment 141230
No socks for me, only the selfie Otto. I guess the level of donation with my season tickets doesn't qualify me for a free pair of socks. We need to investigate this.

bballbeadle

I’m a girl!
Where’s my socks????? You mean I don’t give enough? I give my BLOOD, my SWEAT, my TEARS and I only get a decal?

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Magistrate
Where’s my socks????? You mean I don’t give enough? I give my BLOOD, my SWEAT, my TEARS and I only get a decal?
Seriously where is Oprah when you need her. You get socks, and you get socks and you get socks and you get socks. Instead it was you get a piece of paper and you get a piece of paper and you get a piece of paper.

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
Nice. I much rather do this and get some cool stuff than those calls from freshmen asking an alum for money. I hate those calls.
ALWAYS during a Cuse basketball game too. It drives me nuts. I cant for the life of me figure out why they would do that.

I totally agree. I tell alumni friends just donate something- $22, $44 $144, $444 whatever you can afford. We just need to get the donor count up. That goes a long way in the Businessweek rankings, thus college applications, etc. It’s a virtuous circle

Top Bottom