Both Ohio State and Georgia would be favored over | Syracusefan.com

Both Ohio State and Georgia would be favored over

orangecuse

Hall of Fame
Oklahoma and Notre Dame. In my opinion, the committee failed in putting their money where there mouth is, as they had stated it was the principal objective placing the 4 best teams in the playoff. Maybe I'm just too dunce, but I've spent my entire life with the understanding that the team favored to win, is generally because it's the better team, especially when all things are considered equal, i.e. neutral field.

So, for all those that feel it's a "joke" Dino didn't get ACC coach of the year (which imo he clearly should've received) and that the voting committee lacked consistency, etc., I guess the same premise can be argued relative to this "selected" 4.

The 8 team (or larger) playoff can't get here soon enough.

favored to win does not mean best team. vegas power ranking more than pt spreads tell you that.

GA plays a style that ND can handle. good ohio state would win.. but we also have only seem that team like 3 times this yr

Funny thing about NYC/LI recruiting...

NYC is actually closer to Maryland and Penn St than it is to Syracuse.
Undefeated Notre Dame gets into the playoffs every single time.

I mean come on.

That's your opinion, fine. But, that doesn't change the argument that both Ohio State and Georgia would be favored over ND. If truly the "best" teams were in the playoff, than no one outside of those selected should be favored to win, especially on a neutral field.

favored to win does not mean best team. vegas power ranking more than pt spreads tell you that.

GA plays a style that ND can handle. good ohio state would win.. but we also have only seem that team like 3 times this yr

I'm really not a gambler, so I can't discuss all the technicalities, etc. with knowledge in regards to Vegas. But, I think it's fair to say that the general perception to the overall census is that the team generally favored in a game is because they are thought to be better. Simply speaking of course. ;)

So how do you determine four best teams? Ohio State outside of the Michigan game looked like crap all year. Georgia beat no one and played a 1aa team. Should you punish a team for that? Oh and both got blown out in their losers.

So how do you determine four best teams? Ohio State outside of the Michigan game looked like crap all year. Georgia beat no one and played a 1aa team. Should you punish a team for that? Oh and both got blown out in their losers.

Let's scale that back some. I mean... they lost 1 game, lol.

They came close to losing about four others. They have not looked like a playoff team until after Thanksgiving.

The committee basically said 2 losses and you have to have a perfect resume to make the playoffs.
Like Auburn last year would have.
Last year Auburn lost at Clemson and LSU and beat Georgia and Alabama at home.
They would have made the playoffs as a 2 loss team.
If you don’t have that type of resume you need 1 loss and can’t lose by a lot and be a conference champion.

I hate margin of loss mattering. Who cares if you lose by 3 or 21. You lost. You should be able to lose once and just call it an off week.
Now Ohio State was just unlucky Notre Adams went undefeated but Georgia was ranked 5th I do believe if Notre Dame wasn’t in it the committee puts Ohio State 4th.

It's difficult no doubt. That's why the 4 team playoff is a joke, because it's so frigging objective, especially when it comes down to the nit picking needed to make the "selected" subjective decision.

The FCS has a true playoff, it's how it should be done at this level as well. We can all argue how many teams, 8, 12, 16, etc. But, I think most would agree that the further down you are in the number, the more deficiencies and weaknesses you have as a team, versus the nit picking variety.

That's true, but one week before that Michigan win, a coachless, hapless, Maryland team missed an open receiver on a 2 point conversion that wins the game.

They weren't competitive in their loss, to a 6-6 team.

Ohio State fans should be thrilled with the Rose Bowl.

It's difficult no doubt. That's why the 4 team playoff is a joke, because it's so frigging objective, especially when it comes down to the nit picking needed to make the "selected" subjective decision.

The FCS has a true playoff, it's how it should be done at this level as well. We can all argue how many teams, 8, 12, 16, etc. But, I think most would agree that the further down you are in the number, the more deficiencies and weaknesses you have as a team, versus the nit picking variety.

People go nuts over who the 68th team should be in the NCAAT. The number of teams won’t change that. Anything of six teams in football is silly. Make it like the NFL where divisions winners and wildcards make up the 6 teams in conference.

That's true, but one week before that Michigan win, a coachless, hapless, Maryland team missed an open receiver on a 2 point conversion that wins the game.

Who cares, fact is they are 11-1. And, there's hardly any doubt at all that they would be favored on a NEUTRAL field to beat ND and OU. As would Georgia.

Imo, anyone that watched these teams play several times, knows the 4 best teams were bama, Clemson, Nd and Georgia. And I’m sticking with that opinion. So don’t come at me. :)

Oh I agree... they didn't look dominant for many games. But looking like CRAP. That is an obvious exaggeration.

Imo, anyone that watched these teams play several times, knows the 4 best teams were bama, Clemson, Nd and Georgia. And I’m sticking with that opinion. So don’t come at me. :)

Other than ND, I agree with you. ND immensely struggled with Ball State at South Bend early in the season, Ball frigging State. They had to pull off a last few minute score to beat Pitt, at ND, and was a one possession score late in the 4Q against NW. But hey, that's why the call them opinions. ;):)

Georgia is a great team for 3 quarters then choke in the 4th quarter during big games. They are not a top 4 team. A top 4 team doesn't choke but they have now choked twice against Alabama. They've hAd there shot to beat Alabama. Not once but twice and failed to get the job done. Now it's time to give someone else a shot

The Clemson-Notre Dame line is high IMO.
I don’t think Clemson will blow them out but will win a one possession score game.
-11 is high. While I think the Clemson D will shut down the ND running game. The Clemson secondary isn’t as good as it has been in the past. Book can pass. Clemson 31 ND 28

Alabama outscores Oklahoma.
Bama 56 Oklahoma 38

Notre Dame would stomp Oklahoma.

Who cares, fact is they are 11-1. And, there's hardly any doubt at all that they would be favored on a NEUTRAL field to beat ND and OU. As would Georgia.

I think you're just trying to make up conversation. There's plenty of doubt.

I think the best 4 teams are in.

Vegas doesn't determine the best 4 teams. They try to determine how to make the most money.

Georgia was in the playoff - just beat Alabama and you're in. You don't get to say you're a top 4 team when you lose 2 games, especially when you have 2, 1-loss conference champions breathing down your neck. If they had beaten LSU or 'Bama, sure. Lost both. They can sit out now