Bourama Sidibe is averaging 9.3 fouls per 40 minutes | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe is averaging 9.3 fouls per 40 minutes

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
!

Had to actually check the numbers because it's pretty apparent during games how much he fouls. This stat can be skewed by very low minutes (walk-ons might have a very high number due to limited sample size), however he has still played in every game and is currently sitting at about 10mpg. Going back ten years, the next highest number I found for someone who played in basically every game was 2010-2011 Fab, who played about the same amount per game and averaged 7.3 fouls per 40.

Basically, it's remarkable how many fouls Sidibe racks up. Maybe the most ever by someone who plays 10mpg+ and in every game. In fact, I think it must be.

Can be a sign of fatigure/the game being too fast.

We sure we’re buying that he’s healed up? This is a kid who was not at 100% the entirety if the 2017/2018 season and gets little full speed PT as is

Yes yes I know, i’m not a doctor or trainer.

Last edited:
He hasn't been very good at basketball here so far.

Not sure it's his fault. Hard to play when you've got potato knees.

There was a play where he didn't get off the floor to contest a jumper. Didn't look right. He came out pretty soon after that.

There were a few games last year he came in and played well offensively. Not just put backs but had a couple moves to create a shot. The Pitt game comes to mind. I don't understand how that has completely gone away.

Can we please have a multi dimensional legitimate center please. Bandaids aren’t working

Tough go this year...disappointing but I dont think hes healthy

He looks like he's moving in quick sand. It's interesting, there's a lot of chatter about recruiting better big men. I'm pretty confident that his Coleman and Sidibe didn't have permanent lower body issues after signing with SU, they'd be extremely good interior fixtures.

actually-im-not-even-mad-thats-amazing-28685413.png

Tough go this year...disappointing but I dont think hes healthy

I don't know if that's it -- but something is definitely off. Huge setback coming off a season last year where he was gimpy to get sidelined the entire offseason without being able to work on his game.

And this year is shaping up as a lost season, too.

I believe I (and kcsu) was chastised a bit last season when I expressed concern over his knees and recovery from surgery as a few posters were gleefully jotting him down for 25 mpg and double doubles as far as the eye could see.

If I hear that Sib is hurt and that’s the reason he isn’t a terrific player one more time I might really believe it. It seems today especially from some unnamed one that if you say a lie so many times it’s no longer a lie!

Speaking for myself, I don't think it's that he's hurt now. I think it's that his ceiling was destroyed after his earlier injuries. Last night, it jumped out at me just how slowly he was turning to go back up court and how slow his first step was. Dude can't get off the ground.

Yeah I don't think there is any more "getting healthy" with Sidibe. This appears to be the player that he is now. Would love to be wrong on that, but he appears to be someone who has lost all of his athleticism and beyond that, is not a very smart basketball player.

now entering the game - the malian menace, the butcher of bamako. number 34 in your programs, number 1 in opponents' nightmares . . . boooooooorama sidibe!

You watch too much pro wrestling.

Derek Brower, backup center in the 1980s... I remembered him being a foul machine. Just checked, in 1985-1986, he averaged 2.5 fouls in 11 minutes/game. And still barely below Sidibe, wow
Tom Stundis, The Braintree Butcher

Played kinda like a hockey enforcer

I thought McNeil might've averaged more per 40 minutes, but he ONLY averaged 7 fouls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom