Bourama | Syracusefan.com

Bourama

Cuse_NYC

Starter
I’m sure this has been addressed, but haven’t been on the forum as much as usual lately, but... my lord, Bourama doesn’t deserve more than a minute here or there at the end of first halves. When Paschal is in foul trouble, please go to MD or go small with Brissett at the 5. Can’t finish a layup or even grab a board. He’s just glued to the floor and can’t elevate. And this is coming from a fan of his early last yr, prior to the lingering tendonitis. Starting to wonder if he can play at this level. Thoughts?

Preaching to the choir here. Love for him to prove me wrong but he is just plain overmatched damn near every time he’s on the floor.

Couldn’t practice all summer because he was rehabbing. Shouldn’t be a surprise he is rusty.

Hes better than this unless his knees are in such bad condition that he can only move like this. If thats the case its a tough break and not really on him. I guess give it a few more games and hope he looks better.

Bourama will improve once with start moving the ball around more. This iso garbage is tiring.

I get it and want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he just doesn’t look like he can or will ever be able to contribute.

Autry said recently he was back to 80 percent as of now. Doesn’t sound like the coaches are giving up on him.

I get it and want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he just doesn’t look like he can or will ever be able to contribute.
I get that some people are frustrated with how the season has gone to date, but that's just an absolutely ridiculous statement.

I get that some people are frustrated with how the season has gone to date, but that's just an absolutely ridiculous statement.

I agree that he will be able to contribute at some point, but some people were saying it was ridiculous when it was said that Chinoso wouldn't contribute.

I agree that he will be able to contribute at some point, but some people were saying it was ridiculous when it was said that Chinoso wouldn't contribute.
We saw Sidibe play at a high level at times as a freshman, even though he was probably never fully healthy at any point. To suggest that he is now perhaps a lost cause four games into this season makes little sense. But everyone is free to think what they want to think.

Last edited:
Hey man, I hope I’m wrong... I’ll be here

I happen to think Sidibe's very talented, but based purely on my uninformed but close observation, I don't believe it's at all crazy to say "he doesn't look like he'll contribute."

The guy looks like he has a serious chronic condition. He can't jump and he moves gingerly.

Now maybe it's a matter of conditioning and shaking off rust because he's spent 18 months either playing hurt or rehabbing from surgery. I hope so. Because he's way more skilled than the average Syracuse center. But I'm concerned about his future. He doesn't look like a healthy player to me.

I happen to think Sidibe's very talented, but based purely on my uninformed but close observation, I don't believe it's at all crazy to say "he doesn't look like he'll contribute."

The guy looks like he has a serious chronic condition. He can't jump and he moves gingerly.

Now maybe it's a matter of conditioning and shaking off rust because he's spent 18 months either playing hurt or rehabbing from surgery. I hope so. Because he's way more skilled than the average Syracuse center. But I'm concerned about his future. He doesn't look like a healthy player to me.
hear ya, but would have to disagree on the "can't jump" part - the play in the ucon game where he ran back and got that block on a fast break would indicate otherwise - but yes, he does look a bit timid/fragile out there right now

hear ya, but would have to disagree on the "can't jump" part - the play in the ucon game where he ran back and got that block on a fast break would indicate otherwise - but yes, he does look a bit timid/fragile out there right now

That was an excellent play, though I guess a minor quibble would be that it was more a quickness/timing block than an elevating block. Either way, it's a counterexample to my observation, since he got down the court fast and made an athletic play. Here's hoping that it's evidence that he's truly just shaking off rust and won't suffer from bad knees forever!

That was an excellent play, though I guess a minor quibble would be that it was more a quickness/timing block than an elevating block. Either way, it's a counterexample to my observation, since he got down the court fast and made an athletic play. Here's hoping that it's evidence that he's truly just shaking off rust and won't suffer from bad knees forever!
yep agreed

Agree with this and let's all just accept the reality here that big guys with knee troubles aren't generally able to contribute much at this level or above. He absolutely looks less than 100% and his injury has never sounded acute as far as I know.

I'll grant that there could very well be rust and he could also still be in the process of getting back to where he was physically. That makes a lot of sense.

But, if you're not at least a little concerned, IMO, you're not being honest with yourself. I'm an uninformed, non-clinical fan, I get it, but any way you slice it, it's not super promising so far.

It always strikes me as bizarre when people project into the future like that. You've got to be pretty naive to think that you can project anyone's abilities two years into the future, much less someone who is still coming back from an injury.

Just watched the whole UConn game last night. I think we are seeing a player who is working himself back into shape, and it's pretty early in the process unfortunately. He seemed to tire easily and he didn't show any explosiveness at all. But I think he's going to be good. Don't give up on him yet.

I think he makes that block cleanly without the foul called if he's in 100% game shape.

Last year the whole board wanted him to touch the ball 100 times a game after he basically won us a game.

And I think quite warranted after that Pitt game. You need to go back to Rakeem's senior
year to find games similar to that one, and then ...? SU has not been a team to commit to
a low post game, except for Rakeem's last year, and suddenly he's capable of 17 ppg after
shooting 60% as a junior? I know the stat geeks like to say long 2s are inefficient, and the
"40% from deep requires 60% from two to stay even", but, remind me, what's SU shooting
from deep this year? 40% would be a staggering leap upwards, and right now, opponents
don't need to shoot 60% to win. I think, at least until the shooting improves, they ought to
look for any semblance of a low post game. The best shot they can take is one they can
make, and right now, that ain't a 3.

Kev

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom