Bowl Game in Boston? | Syracusefan.com

Bowl Game in Boston?

that city doesn't excite me in December, Ill take any new ones in the south please

Not that Indianapolis is warm in December but a Bowl Game in Lucas Oil in the midwest would be fun

I dunno, on the one hand I think playing a game at Fenway is exciting and its an easy place to get to, but on the other I just hate freezing my A off.

That would appear to have all the negative aspects of a bowl game at Yankee Stadium in December with fewer of positive ones, Boston as a locale vis a vis New York.

That would appear to have all the negative aspects of a bowl game at Yankee Stadium in December with fewer of positive ones, Boston as a locale vis a vis New York.
Based on the attendance at the BC-SU game played in Chestnut Hill a couple of months ago, even BC fans won't attend a game there.

The real question is, would Pitt fans prefer to attend a bowl game in Frigid Fenway or the Rat Bowl in Birmingham? If only there was a Pitt fan who knew how to use the Internet, then we could ask about this...

Based on the attendance at the BC-SU game played in Chestnut Hill a couple of months ago, even BC fans won't attend a game there.

The real question is, would Pitt fans prefer to attend a bowl game in Frigid Fenway or the Rat Bowl in Birmingham? If only there was a Pitt fan who knew how to use the Internet, then we could ask about this...
Doesn't matter to us, NY city, Boston, Quebec City, Dino's' Army will swarm the surroundings wherever they send us.
Note: I say this being confident bigger things lie ahead for us.

count me in regardless of weather! Any excuse to get to the north end of Boston (and Massiminos Cuccina specifically) and I'm there. Hopefully bigger and better bowl in the future but this will do in a pinch!

count me in regardless of weather! Any excuse to get to the north end of Boston (and Massiminos Cuccina specifically) and I'm there. Hopefully bigger and better bowl in the future but this will do in a pinch!

Never been to Massimo's. We tended to end up at Giacomo if we could get in or Saraceno. Then Mike's Pastry, of course!

Never been to Massimo's. We tended to end up at Giacomo if we could get in or Saraceno. Then Mike's Pastry, of course!
was just thinking about you! You were my inspiration and I put the screws to some friends who just bought 4 more seasons tickets! So you got some competition now, ;), and they got them through me no less so I was wondering didn't you say that at a certain point it allows us to get a second west lot parking pass now?

What's the details on that?

Last edited:
that city doesn't excite me in December, Ill take any new ones in the south please

Not that Indianapolis is warm in December but a Bowl Game in Lucas Oil in the midwest would be fun

Better venue and town than the pinstripe. a Boston bowl is long overdue since we started the cold bowl idea about 10 years ago.

was just thinking about you! You were my inspiration and I put the screws to some friends who just bought 4 more seasons tickets! So you got some competition now, ;), and they got them through me no less so I was wondering didn't you say that at a certain point it allows us to get a second west lot parking pass now?

What's the details on that?

One pass for four tickets. Should certainly do it for you!

One pass for four tickets. Should certainly do it for you!
so to get two passes I'd need 8 seasons tickets? With these 4 I have a total of 6 now, so I think I'm SOL.

Yankee Stadium was built with the intention to accommodate football and even then its not the best atmosphere for a football game. Fenway is a complete novelty. If they want another northern bowl go to Indianapolis where you can play indoors.

Yankee Stadium was built with the intention to accommodate football and even then its not the best atmosphere for a football game. Fenway is a complete novelty. If they want another northern bowl go to Indianapolis where you can play indoors.

Yankee Stadium is a poor football venue, but as a destination city for a bowl game, New York offers a range of activity well beyond what Boston could ever hope to provide, especially in December. Not close.

And don't get mad at me Cuseregular. I would never stand between you and your North End pasta. :p

Love Boston but I'd prolly only go to the game once if SU was playing in it

Agree, we have seen the cold weather bowl in a pro stadium one too many times. Fenway would kill it as a venue and town.

The American changed its' name? LOL

Cheers,
Neil

I've been saying from the very beginning that the AAC has been trying to benefit from confusion with the ACC brand name. This is the clincher!

You’re not allowed to say “Mike’s Pastry” unless you give me some.
I'm going to Mike's Pastry's tomorrow.(not kidding ;-) ) You can't have have any. It's ALL MINE.

As someone who is in Boston a bunch, almost NO ONE is aware that college football exists. They just don't care. Decent town with things to do, yes. Do I want to see a bowl game there? Heck No. I'd rather spend 3K to go to Orlando(again), than $30 for Boston parking.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom