Bowl Game Tickets

The way tickets are being sold for the Camping World bowl game by each team is interesting. I’m not a season ticket holder or donor to either team, but get emails for season, single game and bowl tickets from both.

WVU’s offer is $79 tickets in sections 141, P27 and P41-43 and $40 tickets for end zone sections 145 and 146.

SU’s ticket offer and pricing:
$160 for Open Air Club
$131 for midfield
$110 for red zone
$105 for goal
$79 for corner

I guess it means WVU had the same allotment to sell but kept a whole bunch more back for season ticket holders. There also are a ton held back for general public.

Attachments

Weird to me that the team that doesnt historically travel as well, and who would likely want to shed that label if they could, is selling their cheapest seats for twice that of WVU and well above what one could pay at TM.

I actually dont get it at all.

JJReddawg

All Conference
Weird to me that the team that doesnt historically travel as well, and who would likely want to shed that label if they could, is selling their cheapest seats for twice that of WVU and well above what one could pay at TM.

I actually dont get it at all.
My guess is the $40 sections that WVU is selling are the tickets SU is offering the students for $25 (free for student season ticket holders).

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member
My guess is the $40 sections that WVU is selling are the tickets SU is offering the students for $25 (free for student season ticket holders).
Yea, we don’t have any end zones on our site like wvu does. I agree with you, we probably held those for the student seats. Which won’t make my son happy. He thought, like the dome, the main student seating would be between the endzone and 20-30 yard line.

Yea, we don’t have any end zones on our site like wvu does. I agree with you, we probably held those for the student seats. Which won’t make my son happy. He thought, like the dome, the main student seating would be between the endzone and 20-30 yard line.
Gotcha. In that case, makes perfect sense.

Still, would have been nice to offer endzone seating for others on the opposite of where the students would be or whatever.

I personally much prefer sitting in the endzone and watching everything unfold. I bought my tickets through Ticketmaster for $60 a piece.

However, if Syracuse would have offered those seats to me for being a season ticket holder I would have jumped all over the endzone seats.

Either way, I guess it’s okay because I’ll be at the game. Just would have preferred buying through and supporting Cuse

Last edited:
So I'm trying to figure it out. What the heck does the open air tickets mean? They seem like they're in worse locations than the midfield tickets which are cheaper. Anyone have some light to shed on this?

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member
So I'm trying to figure it out. What the heck does the open air tickets mean? They seem like they're in worse locations than the midfield tickets which are cheaper. Anyone have some light to shed on this?
The open air seats have their own concessions and other amenities but the seating is out in the open air versus in an enclosed suite.

Been a season ticket holder since 1993 & have never been to an away game. There's 2 of us ladies who want to do this! We're getting older & need to do stuff now before we run out of time! LOL. My question is - are the package deals offered through Anthony Travel for alumni/orangepack members only? And our season tickets aren't in our names. The packages are pricey, but I like how they handle getting you everywhere you need to be & when you need to be there. Any & all advice appreciated!

Are they mailing tickets already... I went into manage my tickets on the website and it came up empty?

Been a season ticket holder since 1993 & have never been to an away game. There's 2 of us ladies who want to do this! We're getting older & need to do stuff now before we run out of time! LOL. My question is - are the package deals offered through Anthony Travel for alumni/orangepack members only? And our season tickets aren't in our names. The packages are pricey, but I like how they handle getting you everywhere you need to be & when you need to be there. Any & all advice appreciated!
Open to general public too...

15,000 would probably be close to a record for Syracuse bowl game on level of ‘87-‘88 Sugar and ‘90-91 Fiesta vs Colorado. I wasnt at the Orange bowl vs Florida so someone can chime in on that one.

Just for relativity, Auburn probably had close to 40,000 for the Sugar, Largest opponent attendance I remember for a bowl Fiesta 2 vs Kansas St. 60,000 KSU fans.

15,000 would probably be close to a record for Syracuse bowl game on level of ‘87-‘88 Sugar and ‘90-91 Fiesta vs Colorado. I wasnt at the Orange bowl vs Florida so someone can chime in on that one.

Just for relativity, Auburn probably had close to 40,000 for the Sugar, Largest opponent attendance I remember for a bowl Fiesta 2 vs Kansas St. 60,000 KSU fans.
I was at that Fiesta Bowl. We had a good showing in the lower level on one sideline. Otherwise, purple everywhere.

I think our allotment for the CWB may be closer to 7/8k based on the number of SU dedicated sections in a 65,000 seat stadium. Assuming we sell that out, with TM, Stubhub, etc, I think at least 15k is likely.

I was at that Fiesta Bowl. We had a good showing in the lower level on one sideline. Otherwise, purple everywhere.

I think our allotment for the CWB may be closer to 7/8k based on the number of SU dedicated sections in a 65,000 seat stadium. Assuming we sell that out, with TM, Stubhub, etc, I think at least 15k is likely.
You are forgetting the holdbacks. Player's tickets, band, free student tix Probably at least 1000-1500 there

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
If anyone is planning on buying on stubhub at the last minute like I usually do. Raise.com has $100 stubhub gift cards today for $92. It at least helps chop off some of their fees.

If anyone is planning on buying on stubhub at the last minute like I usually do. Raise.com has $100 stubhub gift cards today for $92. It at least helps chop off some of their fees.
Chugg I got an extra ticket... I'll sell it to you for $60. Also, I can probably drive you to the game. I'm meeting a friend at the mall by the TPA airport. My son is coming too.

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
Chugg I got an extra ticket... I'll sell it to you for $60. Also, I can probably drive you to the game. I'm meeting a friend at the mall by the TPA airport. My son is coming too.
Appreciate the offer but going to have to work a half day and have the wife coming with me.

Top Bottom