Bowl News | Syracusefan.com

Bowl News

Chris02M

Football Schedule Maven
Russell athletic bowl to get top acc team not in playoff or orange bowl.Also bigten/acc sharing tie ins to music city and gator bowls vs the sec.

@McMurphyESPN reports Big Ten and ACC will share tie-in to Gator, Music City Bowls starting in 2014. Will face SEC.

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 9m
.@RussellAthBowl set to get ACC's top team after @CFBPlayoff & @OrangeBowl in ACC's new bowl lineup sources tell @ESPN

Russell athletic bowl to get top acc team not in playoff or orange bowl.Also bigten/acc sharing tie ins to music city and gator bowls vs the sec.

@McMurphyESPN reports Big Ten and ACC will share tie-in to Gator, Music City Bowls starting in 2014. Will face SEC.

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 9m
.@RussellAthBowl set to get ACC's top team after @CFBPlayoff & @OrangeBowl in ACC's new bowl lineup sources tell @ESPN
Great scoop. Thanks for keeping us informed !.

I attended the 2010 Sun Bowl game between ND and Miami. I had a blast. The people of El Paso were simply great and the Sun Bowl is a unique and interesting stadium/venue to see a game.

It is the only bowl televised by CBS and usually has the day/slot by itself. It is also one of the older, traditional bowls. I was hoping that the ACC would keep its ties to that bowl.

I attended the 2010 Sun Bowl game between ND and Miami. I had a blast. The people of El Paso were simply great and the Sun Bowl is a unique and interesting stadium/venue to see a game.

It is the only bowl televised by CBS and usually has the day/slot by itself. It is also one of the older, traditional bowls. I was hoping that the ACC would keep its ties to that bowl.

Every time I watch that game I feel like the scenery around it is fake. Seems like the craziest place to put a stadium. You can probably watch it with one foot in Mexico, possibly with the other foot in New Mexico.

Every time I watch that game I feel like the scenery around it is fake. Seems like the craziest place to put a stadium. You can probably watch it with one foot in Mexico, possibly with the other foot in New Mexico.
I hope Cuse gets the Sun Bowl this year. It would be a nice roadtrip from San Antonio. El Paso being around 3800' elevation can get winter weather but normally the weather is decent but cool.

as i said before...the Sun Bowl is a great bowl, a historical bowl, a unique setting that confuses chip and now will confuse me, love that its on CBS, but no way in hell should a conference billing itself as the ATLANTIC COAST Conference, play a bowl game in western texas.

like storz, its completly useless.

the ACC should not have to cross the Mississippi.

Oh Lord

Agree with every bit of that. Got to be there for the UCLA-Northwestern game a few years ago and I was really impressed by both the hospitality and the stadium and campus. And it is one of the last traditional bowl games.

Not sure the ACC is the right fit (Big Ten/Pac 10 seemed a better match, kind of a Rose Bowl -lite), but it would have been fun to have the opportunity to get the team out there.

Article in today's Dallas Morning News says the Bevo is trying to add the Russell and drop the Holiday and also add the Liberty Bowl in Memphis.

Article in today's Dallas Morning News says the Bevo is trying to add the Russell and drop the Holiday and also add the Liberty Bowl in Memphis.
Sweet.

as i said before...the Sun Bowl is a great bowl, a historical bowl, a unique setting that confuses chip and now will confuse me, love that its on CBS, but no way in hell should a conference billing itself as the ATLANTIC COAST Conference, play a bowl game in western texas.

Oh Lord

I had to google map the stadium. It's literally right across the street from Mexico. People think our tailgating situation is bad. Imagine having to cross a river and climb a fence with a gun pointed at you, all because you wanted to save a few bucks for the cheaper lot.

Oh Lord
Disagree...the Sun Bowl is great for the ACC Private Schools. The Sun Bowl is heavily supported by the local community...No one would bat an eyelash if Cuse was selected and only traveled 2000 fans. If you notice the ACC sent the schools that don't travel well (GTech and Miami).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Bowl

Disagree...the Sun Bowl is great for the ACC Private Schools. The Sun Bowl is heavily supported by the local community...No one would bat an eyelash if Cuse was selected and only traveled 2000 fans. If you notice the ACC sent the schools that don't travel well (GTech and Miami).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Bowl
great bowl.

hate to see it accept poor attendence.

dont see a reason for keeping it in the ACC rotation.

that said...there are far, far worse destinations.

ill never go. (watch me never make a peach, 1 of the disneys or Orange, but end up there some day...likely dodging sniper fire with chip, as we smuggle bootleg tequila to the tailgate)

great bowl.

hate to see it accept poor attendence.

dont see a reason for keeping it in the ACC rotation.

that said...there are far, far worse destinations.

ill never go. (watch me never make a peach, 1 of the disneys or Orange, but end up there some day...likely dodging sniper fire with chip, as we smuggle bootleg tequila to the tailgate)

Actually Sun Bowl would be a good bowl to take the family too...build it into a larger vacation around New Mexico (Skiing), Tucson (only 4 hrs away) or TX (Big Bend, Hill Country, San Antonio or Austin if you like driving 90 miles an hour across 500 miles of nothing but natural scenery and no cops). BTW, the interstates in west TX are posted at 80mph.

I'll never forget the Sun Bowl played on Christmas one year, when it was just buried with snow. Probably 20 years ago now, but it was pretty surreal on TV.

I say keep it.