Bowl scenarios | Syracusefan.com

Bowl scenarios

Briancuse

Living Legend
For you guys who know the bowl layout well.

What bowl do we get if we go 2-0?

1-1?

0-2?

For you guys who know the bowl layout well.

What bowl do we get if we go 2-0?

1-1?

0-2?
2-0 Peach Bowl (Unless some mass losses start occurring in the top 10 and we get in the playoff)
1-1 Probably Pinstripe (Outside chance of Camping Word Bowl)
0-2 Pinstripe Bowl

I understand that it's ideal to play in warm weather, and that the Pinstripe bowl doesn't provide that, but it's a Tier 1 bowl this year. When people hear "Pinstripe Bowl" they tend to think we got a crap bowl. It isn't the same lower tier bowl as it was when we played in it twice.

Just my opinion 10-2 peach bowl
9-3 camping bowl
8-4 pinstripe maybe music city

That;s what i'm thinking although I think it would be a toss up between Peach or Fiesta if we go 2-0 and most likely will be against UFC.

2-0 Peach
1-1 Camping World
0-2 Pinstripe

I do think an 8-9 win Syracuse would get a good look from the Sun Bowl. Sun Bowl had NC St last year so won’t take them, so either BC or SU goes there imo. If BC wins out or loses out I think we become their top choice. Pinstripe could take Pitt as a regional draw for fans instead of SU.

I understand that it's ideal to play in warm weather, and that the Pinstripe bowl doesn't provide that, but it's a Tier 1 bowl this year. When people hear "Pinstripe Bowl" they tend to think we got a crap bowl. It isn't the same lower tier bowl as it was when we played in it twice.
Pinstripe is quality for sure. I know one projection had Penn St but they just won and will get picked in a higher level bowl. I think Wisconsin is going to Pinstripe. Getting a program like Wisconsin shows the Pinstripe is a pretty decent bowl.

ADJW said himself that if we win out, we likely get Peach.

If we win 1 more we likely get Camping World. To explain, from what I can tell Camping World will choose the highest ranked ACC team available. NC State losing makes it nearly impossible for them to jump us with one more win. So its likely, SU or BC. Since BC is going to lose tonight to Clemson, they will drop as well. So with all that said, if SU beats ND, I don't think BC can jump us, even if they beat us the last week. If we lose to ND and beat BC, then we obviously will be ranked higher than them. Even Camping World predicts us to go there and expects us to lose to ND.

If we lose both, I don't even want to think much on that, but it's likely Pinstripe unless Sunbowl, Gator, or Music City really wants us. NC State looks primed for the Belk.

Some weird factors may change things, such as Clemson losing (yeah right) or ND losing twice, or both losing once, which I don't see that happening either.

So for now, this is the way I see it, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Let's just make it easy, and win the whole damn thing.

Last edited:
2-0 Peach Bowl (Unless some mass losses start occurring in the top 10 and we get in the playoff)
1-1 Probably Pinstripe (Outside chance of Camping Word Bowl)
0-2 Pinstripe Bowl

Pinstripe with a 9-3 record would be really whacked and disappointing yea, we haven't made a bowl , but we are past that. The kids will be over the Yankee stadium thing after r saturday and at 9-3 the kids deserve a teml > 50 degrees when they get off the plane.

Pinstripe with a 9-3 record would be really whacked and disappointing yea, we haven't made a bowl , but we are past that. The kids will be over the Yankee stadium thing after r saturday and at 9-3 the kids deserve a teml > 50 degrees when they get off the plane.
I agree that Pinstripe would be disappointing, but I’m just looking at the reality of it. If we end up getting into the Peach, Camping World, Belk or Music City, the fan base needs to step up and buy the entire allotment. That will help with future bowl bids.

Just FYI: if Cuse gets the Camping World Bowl. There are nonstop flights from Upstate to Orlando (MCO + SFB), Tampa-St Pete (TPA + PIE) and Fort Lauderdale (FLL). All are a couple hours from the game. The first thing you have to get is air travel (if flying) then work your motel and car. The tickets are the last thing to worry about as SU will have plenty to sell. It would not surprise me is Allegiant or Frontier add extra flights out of Syracuse. Gator Bowl is basically the same airports but add Jacksonville (JAX), Atlanta (ATL) and delete FLL.

If Cuse gets the Sun Bowl it is trickier. I'd look at El Paso (ELP) first but if you plan to do some sightseeing and will rent a car I would extend my airport search out to Albuquerque (ABQ), Phoenix (PHX + AZA), Tuscon (TUS), Dallas (DFW + DAL), Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).

Literally you need to line up your commitments for each likely scenario before the announcement then execute. Problem I've had before is folks that can't pull the trigger for 24-48 hrs and then they say no...get the commitments first.

Just FYI: if Cuse gets the Camping World Bowl. There are nonstop flights from Upstate to Orlando (MCO + SFB), Tampa-St Pete (TPA + PIE) and Fort Lauderdale (FLL). All are a couple hours from the game. The first thing you have to get is air travel (if flying) then work your motel and car. The tickets are the last thing to worry about as SU will have plenty to sell. It would not surprise me is Allegiant or Frontier add extra flights out of Syracuse. Gator Bowl is basically the same airports but add Jacksonville (JAX), Atlanta (ATL) and delete FLL.

If Cuse gets the Sun Bowl it is trickier. I'd look at El Paso (ELP) first but if you plan to do some sightseeing and will rent a car I would extend my airport search out to Albuquerque (ABQ), Phoenix (PHX + AZA), Tuscon (TUS), Dallas (DFW + DAL), Austin (AUS) and San Antonio (SAT).

Literally you need to line up your commitments for each likely scenario before the announcement then execute. Problem I've had before is folks that can't pull the trigger for 24-48 hrs and then they say no...get the commitments first.
Possibly West Palm Beach airport. Flights from Albany to WPB - not sure about rest of upstate. About 40 minutes closer than FLL (as you know).

Possibly West Palm Beach airport. Flights from Albany to WPB - not sure about rest of upstate. About 40 minutes closer than FLL (as you know).
Good catch...thought about WPB too. Great option for the Capital District fans.

Made this cheat sheet.

2018 Hyundai Sun Bowl - El Paso - December 31
P12 vs. ACC

2010 - Notre Dame 33 / Miami 17
2011 - Utah 30 / Georgia Tech 27
2012 - Georgia Tech 21 / USC 7
2013 - UCLA 42 / Virginia Tech 12
2014 - Arizona State 36 / Duke 31
2015 - Washington State 20 / Miami 14
2016 - Stanford 25 / North Carolina 23
2017 - NC State 52 / Arizona State 31

2018 Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl - Atlanta - December 29
At Large vs. At Large

2010 - Florida State 26 / South Carolina 17
2011 - Auburn 43 / Virginia 24
2012 - Clemson 25 / LSU 24
2013 - Texas A&M 52 / Duke 48
2014 - TCU 42 / Mississippi 3
2015 - Houston 38 / Florida State 24
2016 - Alabama 24 / Washington 7
2017 - UCF 34 / Auburn 27

2018 Camping World Bowl - Orlando - December 28
B12 vs. ACC

2010 (Champs Sports) - NC State 23 / West Virginia 7
2011 (Champs Sports) - Florida State 18 / Notre Dame 14
2012 (Russell Athletic) - Virginia Tech 13 / Rutgers 10
2013 (Russell Athletic) - Louisville 36 / Miami 9
2014 (Russell Athletic) - Clemson 40 / Oklahoma 6
2015 (Russell Athletic) - Baylor 49 / North Carolina 38
2016 (Russell Athletic) - Miami 31 / West Virginia 14
2017 (Camping World) - Oklahoma State 30 / Virginia Tech 21

2018 Music City Bowl - Nashville - December 28
SEC vs. ACC/B10

2010 - North Carolina 30 / Tennessee 27
2011 - Mississippi State 23 / Wake Forest 17
2012 - Vanderbilt 38 / NC State 24
2013 - Ole Miss 25 / Georgia Tech 17
2014 - Notre Dame 31 / LSU 28
2015 - Louisville 27 / Texas A&M 21
2016 - Tennessee 38 / Nebraska 24
2017 - Northwestern 24 / Kentucky 23

2018 Pinstripe Bowl - New York - December 27
B10 vs. ACC

2010 - Syracuse 36 / Kansas State 34
2011 - Rutgers 27 / Iowa State 13
2012 - Syracuse 38 / West Virginia 14
2013 - Notre Dame 29 / Rutgers 16
2014 - Penn State 31 / Boston College 30
2015 - Duke 44 / Indiana 41
2016 - Northwestern 31 / Pittsburgh 24
2017 - Iowa 27 / Boston College 20

Last edited:
Extra bowl payout aside I’d rather play a B12 or Big10 team in Camping World or Pinstripe than UCF in the Peach. I want a P5 opponent in a bowl.

Extra bowl payout aside I’d rather play a B12 or Big10 team in Camping World or Pinstripe than UCF in the Peach. I want a P5 opponent in a bowl.
Bowl payouts do not matter...the ACC puts it all in a pot. The difference is Cuse's bowl location attractive enough to guarantee we purchase half the required allotment? (The ACC covers the other 50% as necessary)

People complaining about not having enough northeast games when we join the ACC and now want no part of the Pinstripe Bowl. I get the reasons why - just kinda funny to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom