Bradley leaving uconn | Syracusefan.com

Bradley leaving uconn

man. gonna be a thin roster in storrs next season.

Omar Calhoun - Guard - FR
Brendan Allen - Guard - SO
Ryan Boatright - Guard - SO
DeAndre Daniels - Forward - SO
Niels Giffey - Guard - JR
Shabazz Napier - Guard - JR
Tyler Olander - Forward - JR
Roscoe Smith - Forward - JR
Enosch Wolf - Center - JR

Enosch wolf and olander guarding coleman and rak lmao
I said this a few days ago (beofre the Bradley thing, which is a complete shock), Keita would get 25-30mpg at UConn this year...

They are loaded at guard with Napier-Boatright-Calhoun-Evans; Smith and Daniels should be solid as well; but man, not even a remotely solid big man to speak of.

Omar Calhoun - Guard - FR
Brendan Allen - Guard - SO
Ryan Boatright - Guard - SO
DeAndre Daniels - Forward - SO
Niels Giffey - Guard - JR
Shabazz Napier - Guard - JR
Tyler Olander - Forward - JR
Roscoe Smith - Forward - JR
Enosch Wolf - Center - JR
Their worst roster in years is not a bad time to have the NCAA ban to be honest. Wonder if Calhoun calls it quits after this year?

the sad thing is nappier, boatright, and smith are not a horrible 1-3.

Someone tell Bjorn that UConn might have a need for his scoring point guard capabilities next season.

I've learned to NEVER sell Coach C. or UConn short before a season. Just sayin'...

the sad thing is nappier, boatright, and smith are not a horrible 1-3.
Daniels was a top 10 recruit as well last year, he'll be much improved. This is just a weird situation. Evans is a solid player, and Calhoun can really score the ball.

You might see a lot of 3-guard lineup (all of whom will be under 6'4) with Daniels/Smith at the 4 then Olander/Wolf at the 5.

However, UConn is irrelevant being ineligible for the BET and NCAAT, so it's whatever.

Uconns pressure man d is reliant on having a big shotblocker, they wont have that at all, their midget guards will be eaten alive...napier guarding mcw? Lol , boatright on triche?

They'll probably try to employ a Villanova type strategy and go with the 3 guard lineup of Calhoun, Boatright, and Shabazz then try to take your bigs away from the paint with Smith, Daniels, and Olander to open things up. A strategy like that goes against everything Calhoun believes in though.

Holy Cross G R.J. Evans is expected to come to UConn in May as a postgraduate player eligible to play immediately.

They'll probably try to employ a Villanova type strategy and go with the 3 guard lineup of Calhoun, Boatright, and Shabazz then try to take your bigs away from the paint with Smith, Daniels, and Olander to open things up. A strategy like that goes against everything Calhoun believes in though.
The difference is Wright recruited to that style; his guards were tough on D and solid rebounders, UConn guards aren't built for that (Evans will be ok there probably). Daniels is a shooter, but Smith isn't a threat at all offensively and neither is Olander (unless you watch the BET game vs. us 2 years ago), they have 0 low post threats. Nova always had 1 or 2 guys that were solid in the paint; Jason Fraser, Curtis Sumpter, Will Sheridan, etc.

@TheRecruitScoop
UConn land Holy Cross 5th-year transfer RJ Evans, but will lose redshirt freshman center Michael Bradley to transfer, per@BrendanNooga.

He's a 6'3" guard

Avg 11.5pts 2.8 assts 4.8rebs

The difference is Wright recruited to that style; his guards were tough on D and solid rebounders, UConn guards aren't built for that (Evans will be ok there probably). Daniels is a shooter, but Smith isn't a threat at all offensively and neither is Olander (unless you watch the BET game vs. us 2 years ago), they have 0 low post threats. Nova always had 1 or 2 guys that were solid in the paint; Jason Fraser, Curtis Sumpter, Will Sheridan, etc.

Yea I think a big reason Villanova has struggled is they haven't found that Dante Cunningham type. A face up 4 thats pretty skilled but who is tough as nails and plays much bigger than he is. The last few forwards Nova's gotten haven't really been able to do that for them. I'm not sure if Smith can do that and am almost positive Daniels doesn't want to do that. Olander can at least be active but nobody will respect his jumpshot and would just sag off.

Yea I think a big reason Villanova has struggled is they haven't found that Dante Cunningham type. A face up 4 thats pretty skilled but who is tough as nails and plays much bigger than he is. The last few forwards Nova's gotten haven't really been able to do that for them. I'm not sure if Smith can do that and am almost positive Daniels doesn't want to do that. Olander can at least be active but nobody will respect his jumpshot and would just sag off.
Cunningham was barely 6'6 but played 6'11. Curtis Sumpter was the same way. Daniels seems like he would much rather be a 2 than a 4.

Like I said in a previous post, this coming year's UConn lineup is still very up for debate.

I expect a few more changes to come.

RJ Evans is nice, and a good get for them. Loved him at Holy Cross.

It will help his draft stock, which I'm sure is the only reason he's doing it.

Like I said in a previous post, this coming year's UConn lineup is still very up for debate.

I expect a few more changes to come.
They have some wiggle room with the open schollys and you're right, I highly doubt they go into next year with just Olander and Wolf...

They have some wiggle room with the open schollys and you're right, I highly doubt they go into next year with just Olander and Wolf...

3 available scholarships with one scholarship committed for a year to Evans.

Bradley is supposedly a very good student (or at least he had that rep coming into college), so I doubt he hurts the APR. Drummond has zero effect as he is/was technically a walk-on. Oriakhi could but he had a 3.6 first semester and made the Dean's list. Lamb is the only question mark, but there was a quote somewhere saying he would have his stuff in order (similar to the quote on Waiters, so...)

With all the transfers around the nation I'm sure there's 1 or 2 guys chomping at the bit to play for UConn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom