Brady beats the NFL | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Brady beats the NFL

What you don't seem to get is that the NFL does not have to adhere to the same standards as a court of law. It is a closed club made up of owners. Those owners put Goodell in charge. The players have a CBA with the owners. They agreed to the powers and process that the commissioner undertakes. They do not need due process. You keep looking at this from a lawyer's POV which doesn't matter.
and the players are all making gazillions more, while practicing less...and skipping most of all the preseason games as well.

and theyre complaining??

and the fans are with them??

dumb fans if you ask me.

the silent majority of fans know better.

the criminal cattle are out pacing the owners and johnny q law when it comes to how they should be treated.

LT looks like a boyscout compared to what goes on in the league now.

they will have to have a clear set of suspensions and fines going forward.

and the players and the dummies will have to find something else to bitch about.

Last edited:
I can tell you what will happen at the next CBA and there isn't going to be a work stoppage. The owners will go, so you don't want the commish to be judge and jury on all matters, fine, we give that right up (which they want to give up anyway) and both sides will agree on some neutral party or have a committee set up who will decide on things that happen like "deflategate" going forward...in return they will ask the players for 18 regular season games and only 2 preseason games. The players will cave on that cause its really not a big deal. Just the re-shuffling of the 20 games that there are now and cutting the pie differently. Plus 2 more game-checks for all players so more money for them. That will be the trade-off there..

Salary Cap is going to keep going up as it does now when revenues increase, players will keep making more money hand over fist in contracts and guaranteed money. The owners/league will ask for 1 more playoff team on each side...both sides will agree so that is more TV money as more playoff games which benefit both sides.

And that CBA will be negotiated easy-peasy and you won't see a work stoppage. The players are making too much money to bitch about much. The owners are making record profits and they know by getting an 18 game regular season and 1 more playoff team on each side they will make more money. If it means giving up the commish having to rule on matters like "deflategate" (which they openly have said they don't want to do anyway) that's an easy thing to work out.

There is nothing else to really negotiate and this is a win-win for all sides.

I am on the poker velt enjoying my vacation but if you think all the owners will have yo give to get an 18 game schedule is the power for discipline from Goodell that is laughable. The owners would give that right now if the players would agree to 18 games.

18 games would be if the owners gave a LOT.

I am on the poker velt enjoying my vacation but if you think all the owners will have yo give to get an 18 game schedule is the power for discipline from Goodell that is laughable. The owners would give that right now if the players would agree to 18 games.

18 games would be if the owners gave a LOT.
18 games is certainly coming.

And for the record, the pats were a nothing franchise.

While they had more success than I think u said the lions (who have a NFL Championship) and the cards, they fell to announced crowds of less than 30k, often with about 10k in the stands during the late 80s and early 90s.

THAT, my friend...is basically impossible to do.

I'll send the Tuna your regrets for missing 20 years worth of Christmas'.

18 games is certainly coming.

While they had more success than I think u said the lions (who have a NFL Championship) and the cards, they fell to announced crowds of less than 30k, often with about 10k in the stands during the late 80s and early 90s.

I don't see the players union accepting an 18 game schedule.

I don't see the players union accepting an 18 game schedule.
When they negotiate to go to 18 games it means expanded rosters, 53 man roster goes to 57 or 58 on each team (ie more jobs for players...ie more union dues coming into them...ie more revenue meaning the salary cap goes up more which means more money for their members in salary)...they will run to sign that.

They don't want to go to 18 games now because there is nothing in for them at the moment. They gotta get a few things in return during bargaining for agreeing to going to 18 games. Because at the end of the day its how you split up the 20 games, there is no added games overall.

The Pats and NFL had a deal in place to be moved to St. Louis in the early 90's ( I wanna say just before 1993) it was so bad. The league told the Pats to hold off a year or so and give it a last shot before they agreed to the move. Parcells saved the franchise and put an end to the move by putting life into them. He saved it again (in hindsight) the night before the Super Bowl loss to the Packers when he told Kraft he was quitting after the game win or lose. Which eventually paved the way for Belichick to take over a few years down the road.

When they negotiate to go to 18 games it means expanded rosters, 53 man roster goes to 57 or 58 on each team (ie more jobs for players...ie more union dues coming into them...ie more revenue meaning the salary cap goes up more which means more money for their members in salary)...they will run to sign that.

They don't want to go to 18 games now because there is nothing in for them at the moment. They gotta get a few things in return during bargaining for agreeing to going to 18 games. Because at the end of the day its how you split up the 20 games, there is no added games overall.

If they expand the rosters and throw more money at them its possible, but the players don't want 18 games, they are having a hard enough time staying healthy over the course of a 16 game schedule, the last thing they want is two more games.

If they expand the rosters and throw more money at them its possible, but the players don't want 18 games, they are having a hard enough time staying healthy over the course of a 16 game schedule, the last thing they want is two more games.
It's not 2 more games, it's just splitting up the 20 games differently that they play now. It's at most 1 more game for the starters/star players. If you consider the 3rd preseason game where most starters play into the 4th quarter or till the 4th quarter...that's a game. So you are at 17 games now for "starters." So the first 2 preseason games become meaningless and you are making the starters/star players play 1 more meaningful game for a HUGE financial windfall. . When the next CBA comes up and money is thrown at them this will not be fought and it will be an 18 game season. (technically by rule/the CBA the NFL could impose this now they have said since its not adding any games, but out of respect for the players they won't till the next CBA.)

You give every team a 2nd bye week, push the season back so Super Bowl Sunday is now the Sunday before President's Day Monday (a holiday for most people in America.) Everyone is happy, everyone is making more money, fans are happy as they day after the Super Bowl they have off and don't have to "call in sick" or "take off." This has been in the works for many years and where the league wants to go.

It's not 2 more games, it's just splitting up the 20 games differently that they play now. It's at most 1 more game for the starters/star players. If you consider the 3rd preseason game where most starters play into the 4th quarter or till the 4th quarter...that's a game. So you are at 17 games now for "starters." So the first 2 preseason games become meaningless and you are making the starters/star players play 1 more meaningful game for a HUGE financial windfall. . When the next CBA comes up and money is thrown at them this will not be fought and it will be an 18 game season. (technically by rule/the CBA the NFL could impose this now they have said since its not adding any games, but out of respect for the players they won't till the next CBA.)

You give every team a 2nd bye week, push the season back so Super Bowl Sunday is now the Sunday before President's Day Monday (a holiday for most people in America.) Everyone is happy, everyone is making more money, fans are happy as they day after the Super Bowl they have off and don't have to "call in sick" or "take off." This has been in the works for many years and where the league wants to go.

I do think the Presidents day weekend Super Bowl makes a lot of sense, I think it will happen in the next few years, and they will push the season back. With all of the CTE and Concussion talk, I just don't see the league expanding to 18 games.

I do think the Presidents day weekend Super Bowl makes a lot of sense, I think it will happen in the next few years, and they will push the season back. With all of the CTE and Concussion talk, I just don't see the league expanding to 18 games.
to expand on stern...we have 16 games right now.

and 4 ridiculous preseason games.

the real smoke play 3 qtrs in the 3rd preseason game.

2 in the 2nd preseason game.

1 in the 1st.

we likely, at a minimum...are adding 2 more qtrs of play, likely 5 more guys the roster...and 15MM to the cap.

there will be 18 games.

soon.

i cant wait.

to expand on stern...we have 16 games right now.

and 4 ridiculous preseason games.

the real smoke play 3 qtrs in the 3rd preseason game.

2 in the 2nd preseason game.

1 in the 1st.

we likely, at a minimum...are adding 2 more qtrs of play, likely 5 more guys the roster...and 15MM to the cap.

there will be 18 games.

soon.

i cant wait.

Are the owners going to guarantee contracts?

That's the only way this gets done IMO.

Are the owners going to guarantee contracts?

That's the only way this gets done IMO.
sure.

buh-bye signing bonus'.

the $$ system isn't broke.

if youre good, you get paid.

maybe never like a baseball or hoop player, but p-a-i-d.

if the players have a problem with that...learn to hit a curve or make a contested 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom