Brandon Sharpe | Syracusefan.com

Brandon Sharpe

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
How many personal fouls and stupid penalties has he been flagged for this year? Does anyone get as infuriated with him as I do for the boneheaded plays he has made week after week?

Due to the injury to Jones, I think Brandon's been given a bit of a free pass with the penalties due to lack of depth. I hope the coaching staff has a bit shorter of a leash in the coming weeks.

I think with Chan coming back, we wont see much of sharpe in the next few games. I thought Ball has out-played him immensely when on the field.

I'm a little disappointed in Sharpe's development, frankly. His freshman year, I was convinced he was going to develop into a great playmaker, but he almost seems to have regressed largely due to the numerous stupid penalties.

How many personal fouls and stupid penalties has he been flagged for this year? Does anyone get as infuriated with him as I do for the boneheaded plays he has made week after week?

Due to the injury to Jones, I think Brandon's been given a bit of a free pass with the penalties due to lack of depth. I hope the coaching staff has a bit shorter of a leash in the coming weeks.

I like his fire. Does he need to re-direct it a bit? yes. But for those who are down on his production,are you watching the games? He is the ONLY defensive end getting into the backfield. I don't see Ball,Marinovich or Robinson near the QB

I like his fire. Does he need to re-direct it a bit? yes. But for those who are down on his production,are you watching the games? He is the ONLY defensive end getting into the backfield. I don't see Ball,Marinovich or Robinson near the QB

And to be honest, I didn't think the first two penalties were that bad. USC was a call that many refs swallow the flag on, just a kid running to the ball like he's coached, needs to play it more safe. The Rutgers game was two players tangled up, could have easily (and probably should) have called on both. Didn't see what he did for the Tulane game.

5 available DEs this week. I think Robinson has actually looked pretty good, considering he's probably seeing the field a year early.

I'm a little disappointed in Sharpe's development, frankly. His freshman year, I was convinced he was going to develop into a great playmaker, but he almost seems to have regressed largely due to the numerous stupid penalties.

Completely agree with this. As a frosh, I really thought he was going to be a good speed rusher. With Chan down, he had a great opportunity and has really done nothing with it

TOTALLY AGREE! when he bailed usc out of that 3rd and 17 with that bonehead play i texted my friend and told him he just lost us that game. might sound like a bit much but that was a huge turning point. we would have gotten the ball back with the lead and huge defensive momentum...

Wasn't his personal foul in the Rutgers game at a key point? Trying to remember - I know I said something to my wife about how personal fouls is his "thing"

Sharpe's better as a change of pace guy. I think we'll see his production increase once he doesn't have to take so many snaps.

Ball, on the other hand, has been a revelation. He doesn't do much in terms of rushing the passer, but he's been awesome against the run.

Chandler coming back is going to be a big boost. It'll take pressure off of Mikhail and Sharpe especially.

The PF in the USC game was a spearing. He came in at the end and went helmet first into the back of the USC player who was down on the ground - a clear penalty and easy call.

I thought the one in the RU game was a bad call - unless he had been warned already for being chippy. It was fairly early in that game and didn't really mean anything, if I recall.

Didn't see the one in the Tulane game.

I think there have been a few more that I can't remember.

Sharpe would have been the best special teams guy we ever had if he didn't have the concussion his freshman year, believe me when I say that was a career changer... I don't think he could have kept up that reckless abandon that he was playing with, it was insane. The kid still plays with reckless abandon, you can use that type of agression on specials not as much at the end of a play as DE.

I think we will see an approved pass rush with Chandler as he is the only guy we have that an O line has to double or they will pay for it, IMO. This will free up the other guys a lot

Sharpe is this team's Anthony Smith.
That might be a bit of a stretch. If Smith had a knife on the field, people would be bloody. That guy was an uncontrolled maniac.

That might be a bit of a stretch. If Smith had a knife on the field, people would be bloody. That guy was an uncontrolled maniac.

Smith was also a mid round NFL draft pick

I liked the part on Saturday when Sharpe blatantly got ninja-kicked by a Tulane player after the play was dead. It happened right in front of a ref, who looked at Sharpe with a "we flagged you for a personal foul not 10 minutes ago, and you probably instigated this, too, so you're not getting a call here" look on his face. Sharpe just jogged back to the sideline.

He's gotta cool it. He's cost us points this year.

He's already cost us this year. Which game was it (USC, maybe?) when we had a team in 3rd and long in the first quarter, we stopped them, and he decided to dive into the pile well after the whistle, resulting in a 1st down and killing our momentum?

TOTALLY AGREE! when he bailed usc out of that 3rd and 17 with that bonehead play i texted my friend and told him he just lost us that game. might sound like a bit much but that was a huge turning point. we would have gotten the ball back with the lead and huge defensive momentum...
I told my wife the game will probably turn on that play, we needed to play a perfect game.

He's already cost us this year. Which game was it (USC, maybe?) when we had a team in 3rd and long in the first quarter, we stopped them, and he decided to dive into the pile well after the whistle, resulting in a 1st down and killing our momentum?
pretty sure that was goggins with that penalty

Didn't Sharpe get two offsides penatlties in the Rutgers game. I didn't catch the personal foul in the Tulane game. I know it was on a special teams play.

pretty sure that was goggins with that penalty
Definitely #91. He's had like 5 of them. I'm not sure if Goggins has been penalized yet this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom