Bras...... | Syracusefan.com

Bras......

newmexicuse

All Conference
he had an interesting box score line - 4 boards, 2 assists, and 3 TOs in only 11 minutes.

I would appreciate thoughts on his game from anybody who was there.

Could he possibly help this year or does he look like a strictly down the road player ?

he had an interesting box score line - 4 boards, 2 assists, and 3 TOs in only 11 minutes.

I would appreciate thoughts on his game from anybody who was there.

Could he possibly help this year or does he look like a strictly down the road player ?
I like his game but he has looked a little deer in the headlights so far. I think he is going to help down the line but not this year. Oshae/Eli/Marek are set as the forwards anyway. I'm not a big fan of redshirting kids because of the effect on recruiting.

You could see glimpses of what the stafff liked. Good looking release, seemed to be a good passer with a fairly good IQ, was OK in the zone.

I agree with the shirt - let him bulk up. He’ll be a contributor all 4 years and will get better every year. Good back end scholly guy to have

He isn't ready to play at this level yet. At times, he looked a bit lost out there and tried to get a feel for what was going on.

I think this is Matt Moyer all over again. Freak athlete that needs to work on some fundamentals.

I think this is Matt Moyer all over again. Freak athlete that needs to work on some fundamentals.

He’s got the high shorts that Moyer had!!

Love this guys game, just hope it doesn't turn into a BJ Johnson situation.

Whats the redshirt rule now? I didn't think basketball had gone to the same rule as football where they can play a partial season for any reason. Which is why I was really surprised to see Braswell hit the court last night, especially since everyone seems to agree he's going to be great, just not good enough to see court time yet this year on one of our most talented teams (on paper) of the decade.

Whats the redshirt rule now? I didn't think basketball had gone to the same rule as football where they can play a partial season for any reason. Which is why I was really surprised to see Braswell hit the court last night, especially since everyone seems to agree he's going to be great, just not good enough to see court time yet this year on one of our most talented teams (on paper) of the decade.
Ya. I'm pretty sure the CBB rule is still that if a player appears in a single game they lose the ability to redshirt that season.

Braswell looks good and has all the pieces to be a successful 3/4 in our system. His tools are not what I’m worried about, I’m worried about his temperament. I’m going to keep an eye on his body language as the season goes on but he looks rather shy, like a Roberson type. I hope this doesn’t get in the way of his growth as a player, his willingness to put himself into uncomfortable situations, and his ability to take coach’s criticisms. Really like what I’ve seen so far from him though. Dude can jump out of the gym.

Program guy. I'm hoping for a Dirty type career. Bras is not ready but neither was Dirty who redshirted and then by his junior year he was solid and then had a strong senior year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom