Breaking Bad | Syracusefan.com

Breaking Bad

Pearl309

Hall of Fame
Surprised not more BB geeks are posting; but i've been googling BB spoilers and stumbled across this; if anyone is interested in potentially ruining the final season for themselves. Episode recaps up to episode 7.

WARNING (potential) MAJOR SPOILERS
http://imgur.com/a/ivMGz

If its fake, its some pretty damn epic fan fiction.

No way would I want to spoil it.

Can't believe anyone would in all honesty.

I think its mainly impatience; combined with the uncertainty of its validity. Intriguing on some weird level.

Its hard to keep people from leaking stuff like this. True or not, I won't read it. Im really looking forward to the last season.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

I've been backtracking through the first 4.5 seasons in anticipation of the final 8 episodes. There are a ton of clues littered in there about what will likely happen. Season 5a started with Walt celebrating his 52nd birthday alone at Denny's making the traditional bacon numerals himself. His hair is grown in and he shows "his" driver's license assuming Skyler's maiden name. He then transacts the assault gun purchase. There is a lot to chew on there and it's not just the bacon.

Surprised not more BB geeks are posting; but i've been googling BB spoilers and stumbled across this; if anyone is interested in potentially ruining the final season for themselves. Episode recaps up to episode 7.

Rian Johnson (BB Director) has said they're fake - https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/362690215799816194
If they are, whoever wrote out that story deserves a job in hollywood.

Fake or not I'm not touching spoilers with a ten foot pole. Not sure who would wanna ruin it when it's so soon.

Fake or not I'm not touching spoilers with a ten foot pole. Not sure who would wanna ruin it when it's so soon.

See thats the thing... i've read spoilers on all my favorite shows since I can remember... I don't recall ever feeling that it "ruins" it. If anything it intensifies the buildup and wishing they come to fruition. Honestly, even if these spoilers are fake, it pumped me up MORE for the season, whether they were written really well or I'm such a geek, whatever. It made me want to see them visually, see VG's vision pen vs film, etc, IDK.

It almost feels like a pregame speech.

after last night, It appears it is NOT fake..

Every time I've always encountered spoilers by accident I always feel like I've missed out on something. Television and movies are at their best (for me anyways) when they create moments where you yell "HOLY F*#^" at your TV and can't wait to talk to your friends about it.

I think this goes back to overhearing someone say "I can't believe he was dead the whole time." while walking to see The Sixth Sense. I honestly feel that I was denied a really cool experience because of it. I still enjoyed the movie tremendously, but can only imagine what it would have felt like to have that moment. Probably a lot like Hank felt when he found the book haha.

Needless to say, I go out of my way to avoid spoilers, but to each their own.

I just started Breaking Bad a few days ago on Netflix. No idea why it's taken me so long to watch it, as I've been a huge Cranston fan for years. I'm midway through season 2 and in addition to the show just being great, I'm a bit shocked at how much I love the character of Jesse Pinkman.

For me, he's far more sympathetic than Walter White. I know that'll only get accentuated as I get deeper into the show and see Walt's continued descent, but man, Jesse is one of my favorite TV characters ever. Aaron Paul is so great.

I just started Breaking Bad a few days ago on Netflix. No idea why it's taken me so long to watch it, as I've been a huge Cranston fan for years. I'm midway through season 2 and in addition to the show just being great, I'm a bit shocked at how much I love the character of Jesse Pinkman.

For me, he's far more sympathetic than Walter White. I know that'll only get accentuated as I get deeper into the show and see Walt's continued descent, but man, Jesse is one of my favorite TV characters ever. Aaron Paul is so great.

Keep watching. You still have time to catch up for S5E10's live airing

Keep watching. You still have time to catch up for S5E10's live airing

Oh, I have no intention of stopping watching. Seven episodes left including tonight, right? So yeah, plenty of time to catch up. Hell, I'll probably be caught up within a week and a half at the rate I'm going.

EDIT: Just finished the episode in season 2 when Jesse goes to collect from the two junkies who ripped off one of his dealers, and he finds the little kid in the house. After that one, I think Jesse is officially my favorite character on TV.

Oh, I have no intention of stopping watching. Seven episodes left including tonight, right? So yeah, plenty of time to catch up. Hell, I'll probably be caught up within a week and a half at the rate I'm going.

EDIT: Just finished the episode in season 2 when Jesse goes to collect from the two junkies who ripped off one of his dealers, and he finds the little kid in the house. After that one, I think Jesse is officially my favorite character on TV.

Jesse is pretty cool. Mike is the man though.

Reactions: MCC
I have no idea who Mike is at this point.
You're in for a treat. Although he appears earlier, his first shining moment is in Season 3's episode entitled "Half Measures." He doesn't let up from there.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: MCC
You're in for a treat. Although he appears earlier, his first shining moment is in Season 3's episode entitled "Half Measures." He doesn't let up from there.

I'm sure I'll enjoy him, though if he doesn't live up to the hype I may have to drop an ATM on some heads.

That said, Jesse is just awesome. Love that dude. Smarter than you originally think, and while he initially comes off like just a complete tool and an idiot, he's insanely sympathetic.

Then you're really going to enjoy the continued evolution of Jesse. Bitch.

Then you're really going to enjoy the continued evolution of Jesse. Bitch.

To be fair all the characters evolve, for better or worse. This is definetly the best show I've seen that focuses so much time on character development. Yeah science!

To be fair all the characters evolve, for better or worse. This is definetly the best show I've seen that focuses so much time on character development. Yeah science!

It is great, and the character turns have surprised me...

...but no show will ever match The Wire in terms of character development and evolution. Ever. I will not argue that, either.

It is great, and the character turns have surprised me...

...but no show will ever match The Wire in terms of character development and evolution. Ever. I will not argue that, either.
You are wrong, and you'll be happy to admit it in the next few weeks once you're caught up. This show was created with an predetermined arc of it's main characters from the beginning, and it shows. Vince Gilligan pitched the show as "Mr. Chips becomes Scarface," so it's no surprise that character arcs are paramount to the shows awesomeness.

You are wrong, and you'll be happy to admit it in the next few weeks once you're caught up. This show was created with an predetermined arc of it's main characters from the beginning, and it shows. Vince Gilligan pitched the show as "Mr. Chips becomes Scarface," so it's no surprise that character arcs are paramount to the shows awesomeness.

Oh, I'll never admit it. Chuck Klosterman wrote something that sums up pretty perfectly what kind of Wire fan I am:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6763000/bad-decisions

This particular quote sums things up:

This is especially true among people who prefer The Wire. There's never been a more obstinate fan base than that of The Wire; it's a secular cult that refuses to accept any argument that doesn't classify The Wire as the greatest artistic endeavor in television history.

I am fully in that category of Wire fan. I think it's the best television in history, and nothing will ever change my mind on that. Trust me on this.

I'm loving Breaking Bad, but nothing will ever come close to Wire in my mind.

EDIT: Though, starting episode 8 of season 2 now, I have to give Breaking Bad full credit for employing Bob Odenkirk (fun fact: he was the runner up to play Michael Scott on The Office, which is why they brought him on for a guest spot basically playing another version of Michael Scott in the final season this year). I freaking love that guy. Mr. Show? Yes please:

Mike certainly gets a spot on my Rushmore of characters from TV or movies.

His "assurance" to Walter in Full Measure. The Pollos truck scene from S04.

Man, you haven't even seen Gus yet. I envy you.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4