Breakout defensive player of the year. | Syracusefan.com

Breakout defensive player of the year.

shu 49

All Conference
Just My guess is Richards. Love his size, speed, and aggressiveness. Second pick I hope is Jonas as we will need him next year. Third pick I think will be Ruff. Love love love his explosiveness at that position. He became a bear to block one on one late in the year. Not to mention he ran a 4.8 something which is quick as heck for a big guy. Great for running down plays from behind. Just some thoughts as I am on vacation. Let’s go orange.

Jonas wouldn't surprise me because I feel like teams are going to start scheming for Cisco. Still, I hope one of the young LBs step up so don't have to turn over an entire LB corps again next year.

Shy, iffy, Clark..If we stay healthy we could be a top defense in CFB as the young guys will all be significantly better

Shy, iffy, Clark..If we stay healthy we could be a top defense in CFB as the young guys will all be significantly better

Don't have to be a top defense. Just have to be really good at situational defense. The game has changed and SU is never going to get the depth of talent that the SEC and B10 get. The formula for this team is play from ahead, bend don't break (and big busts are still an issue), win favorable situations and get off the field.

Last edited:
I'm going with Ruff. I like what I saw with him. And with Coleman and Robinson on the edge, he should likely have more opportunities to make plays.

Im going w trill. I think hes going to be a nfl player.
See I didn’t define my breakout stud well sorry. I mean kinda a newbie where as Trill is a stud and played almost all year. Looking like a trill or Cisco last year or even shy. Someone without a lotta playin time.

See I didn’t define my breakout stud well sorry. I mean kinda a newbie where as Trill is a stud and played almost all year. Looking like a trill or Cisco last year or even shy. Someone without a lotta playin time.
Well that makes it tough because (fortunately) the top 15 guys on Dee had a bunch of playing time last year.

Makes me think of a guy like stritz or I don’t even know who else would get meaningful snaps outside of the top 15 (who all received meaningful snaps last year)

Your definition takes out Shy, Richards, Ruff, Trill who would be my top four for breakout players (played well previously but <50% of season snaps)

Last edited:
Iffy with trill could be the best pair of CB's we have had.

Well that makes it tough because (fortunately) the top 15 guys on Dee had a bunch of playing time last year.

Makes me think of a guy like stritz or I don’t even know who else would get meaningful snaps outside of the top 15 (who all received meaningful snaps last year)

You definition takes out Shy, Richards, Ruff, Trill who would be my top four for breakout players (played well previously but <50% of season snaps)
Ok I guess that does-make sense.

I’m too lazy to look up his name, the middle linebacker from Texas. Size and speed.

I made that pick for both Williams and Allison(?). Thanks for the help with williams

Don't have to be a top defense. Just have to be really good at situational defense. The game has changed and SU is never going to get the depth of talent that the SEC and B10 get. The formula for this team is play from ahead, bend don't break (and big busts are still an issue), win favorable situations and get off the field.
not sure I agree with comment about Big10. ACC top to bottom is as good as anyone. Recruiting is unpredictable look how bad Texas, Nebraska and others have been for many years. Certainly Bama, Clemson, formerly FSU are special right now but things change

not sure I agree with comment about Big10. ACC top to bottom is as good as anyone. Recruiting is unpredictable look how bad Texas, Nebraska and others have been for many years. Certainly Bama, Clemson, formerly FSU are special right now but things change
The SEC, top to bottom, is head and shoulders above everyone else.

After that, i'd say the B1G, ACC and Big XII are interchangeable year to year.

Pac 12 is a joke.

Lots of good young talent but its going to come down to who has an opportunity for playing time. Gotta think its going to be Lakiem Williams then as from Dino's comments he praised him and Army at that position. I'm guessing that Williams will be our top LB. Does suck that it seems we are starting over at LB with seniors yet again. Hopefully the 3rd LB will see a lot of time as well so we have someone with a good deal of experience for 2020-2021. Not sure if that will be Richards, Wallace, Allison or one of the freshman but i'm guessing Richards or Wallace. At least in 2020-2021 we will not have all seniors playing LB as there aren't any on the roster other than Walton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom