Breeze Airways announces non-stop service from SYR to Vegas and Charleston | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Breeze Airways announces non-stop service from SYR to Vegas and Charleston

Yeah comfort is definitely an issue, but not one I'm overly concerned with. Flying any airline is uncomfortable (I'm 6'1", can't imagine how people over 6'5" fly, especially long distances). Just get me where I have to get to at or near the time that you said you're going to and I'm happy.

Then you should be good to go!

My other issue with them is customer service, and it might be because I'm spoiled with Alaska Airlines. The only other time I was going to fly frontier, they cancelled my flight the morning of. No call, no email, no text. I checked the app before I left the house for the 2 hour drive to the airport, flight was good. I randomly checked 45 mins later, cancelled. No worries, I'll call them up, see what my new flight plan is.
Nope.

They were like "we can get you out in 4 days, if you need to get out sooner, you'll have to buy your own ticket and there's a chance we'll pay you back"

Let me know how it goes! I'm starting to get more and more interested in direct flights. Going from Vegas to Seattle to Chicago to Syracuse isn't as fun as it used to be lol. If I fly American, I can at least go Vegas- Charlotte- Rochester/Syracuse.

When ya headed this way?

Then you should be good to go!

My other issue with them is customer service, and it might be because I'm spoiled with Alaska Airlines. The only other time I was going to fly frontier, they cancelled my flight the morning of. No call, no email, no text. I checked the app before I left the house for the 2 hour drive to the airport, flight was good. I randomly checked 45 mins later, cancelled. No worries, I'll call them up, see what my new flight plan is.
Nope.

They were like "we can get you out in 4 days, if you need to get out sooner, you'll have to buy your own ticket and there's a chance we'll pay you back"

Let me know how it goes! I'm starting to get more and more interested in direct flights. Going from Vegas to Seattle to Chicago to Syracuse isn't as fun as it used to be lol. If I fly American, I can at least go Vegas- Charlotte- Rochester/Syracuse.

When ya headed this way?

I try to fly direct as often as possible. Hate layovers because that just creates more opportunities for delays/cancellations. Headed out there for the Notre Dame/BYU game Columbus Day weekend (I don't really care about the game, but the tix were free and the tailgate will be great).

I try to fly direct as often as possible. Hate layovers because that just creates more opportunities for delays/cancellations. Headed out there for the Notre Dame/BYU game Columbus Day weekend (I don't really care about the game, but the tix were free and the tailgate will be great).

I've got that game marked on my calendar! It's going to be a bit before I know if I'll be in town that weekend or not, but I plan to catch that game if I am. I'll keep ya posted, maybe we can grab a cocktail or three!

I've got that game marked on my calendar! It's going to be a bit before I know if I'll be in town that weekend or not, but I plan to catch that game if I am. I'll keep ya posted, maybe we can grab a cocktail or three!

Sounds like a plan!

The Syracuse Regional Airport Authority (SRAA) announced today that Breeze Airways will launch year-round, nonstop service from Syracuse Hancock International Airport (SYR) to Tampa International Airport (TPA) beginning this fall. The weekly service will commence Saturday, November 19th.

The Syracuse Regional Airport Authority (SRAA) announced today that Breeze Airways will launch year-round, nonstop service from Syracuse Hancock International Airport (SYR) to Tampa International Airport (TPA) beginning this fall. The weekly service will commence Saturday, November 19th.

With Bristol Myers Squibb getting bought, the potential Chip factory...lots of potential for Syracuse to add more direct routes as CNY biz grows.

I gave Breeze a shot today, Syracuse to Vegas. They offered a $166 flight and I've been curious to see how much better a direct flight would be, so I pulled up their app. After the $166, I selected a $30 seat (You can skip selecting a seat for free, but I couldn't figure it out at the time. May or may not have been drinking) and added a $39 checked bag. I might be off on the prices a little, but the total came to $240. A first class seat was going for $316 total. I was buzzed enough where the math checked out and it seemed stupid not to pay the extra monies.

The app was easy to use. I received notifications to check in, where my gate was and a reminder of departure time I think. Arrived at the airport 50 minutes before boarding, was one person ahead of me in line. I'm not sure what their bag limits are, but I had a 45 pounder that they didn't even blink at.

Boarding process seemed smooth. Plane looked real nice. First class seats were pretty comfy. I've sat in worse first class seats on American and Alaska. I fell asleep right at take off, so I missed the first round of whatever service they provide. When I woke up an hour later, everyone around me had cocktails and snacks. Attendants were walking around handing passengers bottles of vodkies. I planned to work when I got home, so I didn't worry about a cocktail.

Landed in Vegas on time, waited about 5 minutes for a gate to open and we deplaned. Bags came out reasonably quick. I forgot to look to see if the flight was full.

I received $17 in "points" for my flight. Which can be used to towards future tickets I'm assuming.

I'd fly them again for sure. I wish I had a better look at the cheap seats, and will probably give them a shot next time. They do have a few "extra leg room" seats that I might have to utilize. I'm just a touch too tall for the normal seats.

Speaking of direct flights to Vegas on budget airlines, anyone ever fly Frontier? It's the only direct flight available from Buffalo to Vegas the date that I need to go (I'm flying Southwest direct home) and I really, really prefer to fly direct than have a layover (especially when my other best option is a layover in Newark and it's an 11 hour travel day versus a 4 and a half hour straight shot).
I forgot about this post.
Years ago, I vowed never to fly frontier or spirit ever again. Then I softened to "I'll fly them one for flights less than 2 hours".

Back in August, I was up in Alaska, a little drunk. My better half calls to chat and asks if I've booked our Vegas-Syracuse/Purdue flights yet. I had not. (I was in "vaca" mode. Any sort of responsibility goes out the window when in vaca mode) She says "I'm going to do it tonight" I said "Sweet, but none of those 'I can't take a bag' flights".

She ends up booking us on the Vegas-Buffalo non stop Frontier flight. It was like $100 compared to the $3-4 that American was asking. I was a little salty about it, but it was a hell of a deal, I was able to check a bag, and I was pretty excited to see what a direct flight home was like.

Wasn't bad at all. We were delayed for like a half hour, but nobody told us anything. So it was 29 minutes and 30 seconds of me looking at my girl like "There's prolly enough time for a cocktail or two, right?". I didn't get one.
Once we finally did board, it was a pretty smooth process. Plane was half empty, so we had a row to ourselves.
My only beef- flight lands an hour before the rental car companies open.

If it weren't for Breeze, I'd probably fly this route anytime American wants to be crazy with their prices.

*Bump Alert* thanks for OrangeXtreme (this board has IT ALL FOLKS).

Trying to fly down to Tampa to see a friend in October (Fri-Mon). Was shocked to see a nonstop from Syracuse for like $120. Have never flown Breeze, but trying to decide if it's worth the cost and also no layovers. That's huge for me, but I'm also seeing some less than stellar reviews (then again, it is flying...).

*Bump Alert* thanks for OrangeXtreme (this board has IT ALL FOLKS).

Trying to fly down to Tampa to see a friend in October (Fri-Mon). Was shocked to see a nonstop from Syracuse for like $120. Have never flown Breeze, but trying to decide if it's worth the cost and also no layovers. That's huge for me, but I'm also seeing some less than stellar reviews (then again, it is flying...).

I've flown them a few times now, as have some of my friends. No issues so far. It does seem that their departure and arrival times can be pretty lame tho, depending on location.

I've flown them a few times now, as have some of my friends. No issues so far. It does seem that their departure and arrival times can be pretty lame tho, depending on location.
Out of Syracuse that Friday is suppose to leave like 6p. And on Monday from Tampa like 2p. Concern with departure is it eventually gets delayed enough to be canceled.

But 120 round trip and nonstop..

I’ve flown breeze a couple of time and have enjoyed the airline. I didn’t love the 6a flight from Charleston to Syracuse on a Monday but it was a great way to end a weekend trip to Charleston. I would spend the extra money to upgrade your seat if it is within budget. The seats in the back lack enough padding in my opinion. I booked breeze for December trip to Florida, best rate I found.