Brennan Armstrong | Syracusefan.com

Brennan Armstrong

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
I wonder if he's watching the UNC game and saying-could that be me next year or even worse? You got Sam Howell, who is an excellent QB, but his OL must have lost a ton, as they've been brutal all year. Armstrong will be losing at the minimum his HC, OC, QB coach, AA Center, at least 2 other quality OL. He would be taking a huge gamble returning to UVA next year under a 1st year HC and inexperienced OL.
If he's not happy with his draft stock, he could join his OC/QB coach, an experienced OL, and an AA RB.

Last edited:
I wonder if he's watching the UNC game and saying-could that be me next year or even worse? You got Sam Howell, who is an excellent QB, but his OL must have lost a ton, as they've been brutal all year. Armstrong will be losing at the minimum his HC, OC, QB, AA Center, at least 2 other OL. He would be taking a huge gamble returning to UVA next year under a 1st year HC and inexperienced OL.
If he's not happy with his draft stock, he could join his OC/QB coach, an experienced OL, and an AA RB.
It surely is an interesting era where every player gets one free change opportunity without penalty. I don't know if he'd necessarily choose SU over other options, but there may well be other QB's looking for a new home that would. Should get pretty interesting. It surely seems we have serious people in charge of all aspects that should be attractive to recruits/transfers. It's really nice when that part is entertaining instead of discouraging.

That seems like a pipe dream.

IMO our greater concern is finding a WR. I think our outside WRs besides Queely have potential, but they won't realize that potential until 2023. We need someone for next season. I like our 3 guys in the slot (assuming Cooper is back) and wouldn't mind seeing two of them on the field at the same time. Some twin or bunch sets.

It stinks not having any bodies at TE, let alone a decent receiving threat. Woudl be great to get a transfer there as well.

Given what we have right now at WR and TE, we may also see some 2 back sets. Price did have 26 catches this year, so he can both run it or catch it.

I wonder if he's watching the UNC game and saying-could that be me next year or even worse? You got Sam Howell, who is an excellent QB, but his OL must have lost a ton, as they've been brutal all year. Armstrong will be losing at the minimum his HC, OC, QB coach, AA Center, at least 2 other quality OL. He would be taking a huge gamble returning to UVA next year under a 1st year HC and inexperienced OL.

A great thought, but I think he's been public about staying at UVA or going pro versus portalling. Yes. I took the word portal and verbed the hell out of it...

A great thought, but I think he's been public about staying at UVA or going pro versus portalling. Yes. I took the word portal and verbed the hell out of it...
I agree it's unlikely, but maybe he has second thoughts after seeing so many departures. He tried convincing many of those guys to stay. I'm betting he goes NFL.

I agree it's unlikely, but maybe he has second thoughts after seeing so many departures. He tried convincing many of those guys to stay. I'm betting he goes NFL.
I know it would never happen but Brennan is from Shelby, Ohio.

It is 419 miles to Syracuse from Shelby and 488 to Charlottesville.

We don't have a great track record with red haired QBs anyway...

I think it may be a noun the way you used it. It is a thing. Actually doing it would be a verb as it would be an action. Judges?

The UNC OL is the same as last year: same top 8 who play almost all downs. The OL coach sucks. It gave a ton of sacks last year too, only most did not notice because the RBs and WRs were so good.

Our staff is perhaps the worst in the ACC. All position groups on D have poor fundamentals, and the OL is worse. There is poor WR and RB development.

I think it may be a noun the way you used it. It is a thing. Actually doing it would be a verb as it would be an action. Judges?
If you add a destination to emphasize the action taking place it seems like a verb to me.

….or going pro versus portaling to Syracuse.

The UNC OL is the same as last year: same top 8 who play almost all downs. The OL coach sucks. It gave a ton of sacks last year too, only most did not notice because the RBs and WRs were so good.

Our staff is perhaps the worst in the ACC. All position groups on D have poor fundamentals, and the OL is worse. There is poor WR and RB development.
Yet they continue to recruit successfully. How do they do it?

Howell is gone.
I know. My point is his stock went down a good amount after he lost a lot of his quality teammates...and that's with a staff that's recruiting well. Virginia's incoming recruiting class is dead last in the ACC.
And now you can add on to my list from above that Virginia has lost their starting RB, who was pretty darn good. Armstrong would be taking a huge gamble by sticking around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom