Brent Axe: Signing off and logging on | Syracusefan.com

Brent Axe: Signing off and logging on

Congratulations to Axe. I was sick to my stomach worrying they were going to assign him to cover SU football. Thank God they didn't do that.

If the people at syracuse.com are listening, my vote is to retain Dave Rahme to cover SU football in his current role. Retain Mike Waters and Donna Ditota to cover SU basketball in their current roles.

Do this and I will be a happy man. Don't do it and prepare to shut down your web site. There will be no reason to visit it.

bueller_stein.jpg

Weidner? ... Weidner... Weidner?

He better pray syracuse.com doesn't go to a "pay service" anytime soon or else he just jumped on a sinking ship!

He better pray syracuse.com doesn't go to a "pay service" anytime soon or else he just jumped on a sinking ship!
I agree, but FYI he's on a sinking ship right now. Trust me.

Don't be silly. There would be tens of thousands lining up to pay just for Axe's print musings.

give rahme axe's spot on 1260 and call it the day

If the people at syracuse.com are listening, my vote is to retain Dave Rahme to cover SU football in his current role. Retain Mike Waters and Donna Ditota to cover SU basketball in their current roles.

Do this and I will be a happy man. Don't do it and prepare to shut down your web site. There will be no reason to visit it.

If you lose Tomcat, you'll lose the whole country.

give rahme axe's spot on 1260 and call it the day
Honestly just end the local crap and pick up the national shows. In Syracuse these days you ONLY need local stuff pre and post any SU game (hoops/football).

Radio is a dying medium, hell its 3/4 dead already!

Honestly just end the local crap and pick up the national shows. In Syracuse these days you ONLY need local stuff pre and post any SU game (hoops/football).

Radio is a dying medium, hell its 3/4 dead already!
Boo, hiss. :)

As an out of towner, I enjoy the local (Syracuse) afternoon drive shows.

Boo, hiss. :)

As an out of towner, I enjoy the local (Syracuse) afternoon drive shows.

Yes, I would hate to see the local radio shows in Syracuse (or any smaller market) disappear at the expense of the national shows. Unlike the national shows, these local shows (regardless of their quality) can go in-depth on topics of local and regional interest, and offer the listener a distinct flavor.

Yes, I would hate to see the local radio shows in Syracuse (or any smaller market) disappear at the expense of the national shows. Unlike the national shows, these local shows (regardless of their quality) can go in-depth on topics of local and regional interest, and offer the listener a distinct flavor.

The national shows suck. I am interested in Syracuse University athletics. I could care less about Alabama, Florida, Texass or whatever other football factory those national guys want to give hand jobs to today.