Brent Axe sure reads this board a lot | Syracusefan.com

Brent Axe sure reads this board a lot

The guy is barely readable or listenable as it is. Imagine how much worse he would be if he didn't use this board as a resource.

I never Put 2 and 2 together but I did notice how he brings up things that are being talked about on the board. I don't mind Brent when he's talking SU but turn him off when he starts talking about the crunch. Mike Lindsey on the other hand is banned from my iPhone!

I don't believe he steals anything from this board, just my opinion. He always gives credit to the appropriate person when he uses something others say. Always has in my experience. A lot of things mentioned here can be opinions multiple people share without knowing it. I think that's simply the case here.

Brent just went off on this, saying that he reads message boards to get an idea of what fans are talking about but he would never "steal" anything anybody said or any information given without crediting them. He was pretty pissed off about it. He invited anyone who had an example of this to post it in the comments section of his blog.

I think Brent is a little dorky... but he is a perfect syracuse sports radio guy. A little grouchy, a little opinionated, but a passion for the city and the area just like I do.

I have a feeling he sticks around and by the end of his career is a pretty legendary syracusian.

I for 1 like him and couldn't care less if he takes some of his ideas of this board. Its kind of flattering, actually.

Brent just went off on this, saying that he reads message boards to get an idea of what fans are talking about but he would never "steal" anything anybody said or any information given without crediting them. He was pretty pissed off about it. He invited anyone who had an example of this to post it in the comments section of his blog.
I don't believe anyone here accused him of "stealing." Didn't actually hear his comments myself, but it sounds like perhaps the radio host doth protest too much.

I like Brent's show...I tune out when he talks Bills but overall he is a true Cuse guy.

I don't believe anyone here accused him of "stealing." Didn't actually hear his comments myself, but it sounds like perhaps the radio host doth protest too much.
I don't believe so. The suggestion, while not using the word stealing, was that he took what people said here and used it in his own column. If someone had suggested I do that with my articles, when I knew I hadn't, it would upset me as well. It's basically saying you can't come up with your own thoughts so you take others. I don't blame him for being upset about that, especially given the industry he is in.

Sunny Side/Dark Side = Upside/Downside

SWC was doing it long before Axe got the idea.

Sunny Side/Dark Side = Upside/Downside

SWC was doing it long before Axe got the idea.

I don't believe the idea of looking at the good things and then the bad things separately requires such an astronomical IQ that I'm the only one who could possibly have thought to do it.