Class of 2017 - Brian Bowen from Louisville to South Carolina | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Brian Bowen from Louisville to South Carolina

Great. Downplay the school. Good move.

And freedom of speech just means the government can't come after you. It doesn't mean posters can't tell you not to do it. Do what you want, but it's not a good representation of the university or the coaching staff.

The coaching staff not offering this kid as a shot in the dark is not a good representation on the coaching staff, really don't have much to lose with an offer.

I called some dude out on Facebook, said he tweeted JT and told him we didn't need at Dyracuse because OB is better and JT wouldn't even play here.

Before he committed to Duke. Derp. Some people children. SMH.

Okay see that is just stupid. Idk what I said that was wrong I just said pretty that I enjoyed watching his play and wish cuse would look at it also and offer.

Okay see that is just stupid. Idk what I said that was wrong I just said pretty that I enjoyed watching his play and wish cuse would look at it also and offer.

Old people are grumpy, they don't get that the kids LOVE the attention, I feel like they think this goes to the front page of the newspaper. You probably could have been more serious but what you tweeted has no effect on Brian Bowen and has no effect on Syracuse University.

1. Don't tweet at recruits
2. Don't tweet at recruits
3. If you didn't attend Syracuse please don't soil the university's name this way, thanks.
4. Don't tweet at recruits
5. Kodak Black is a rapist so probably take #FreeKodak out of your profile

What an arrogant response, as a CUSE local I guess I'm not up to par to even speak of the university, I guess I can't be a fan. Don't tweet negative stuff at recruits.

The coaching staff not offering this kid as a shot in the dark is not a good representation on the coaching staff, really don't have much to lose with an offer.
lol

I agree, we don't have much to lose with an offer, unless we don't want him, for whatever reason. But to say 'the coaching staff not offering this kid as a shot in the dark is not a good representation on the coaching staff' is laughable.

lol

I agree, we don't have much to lose with an offer, unless we don't want him, for whatever reason. But to say 'the coaching staff not offering this kid as a shot in the dark is not a good representation on the coaching staff' is laughable.

I believe JB has stuff in the works we are unaware of and may not have anything to offer him cause it's gonna be spoken for

lol

It seems like stubbornness to me, there's no point to not send out feelers, if the staff already has which I really wouldn't doubt but I can't confirm then I will eat my words. If Creighton and DePaul (La Lumiere connection) are getting in on it late then I would like to believe we can as well.

CzlWE4hXgAAHZT_.jpg

What do you mean we have nothing to lose with an offer? If you weren't aware, we have scholarship restrictions. By offering this kid, we lose a scholarship for 4 years. If this kid doesn't pan out, he's another Chino Okoboh or Ron Patterson or Kaleb Joseph that we're either going to force out or just have to suck it up for 4 years.

When your other committable offers are Depaul and Creighton why would we go after him? Talk about aiming low for no reason. You bank the scholarship for 2018.

Last edited:
What do you mean we have nothing to lose with an offer? If you weren't aware, we have scholarship restrictions. By offering this kid, we lose a scholarship for 4 years. If this kid doesn't pan out, he's another Chino Okoboh or Ron Patterson or Kaleb Joseph that we're either going to force out or just have to suck it up for 4 years.

When your other offers are Depaul and Creighton why would we go after him? Talk about aiming low for no reason. You bank the scholarship for 2018.
This kid could be a lottery pick next year, doubt he takes up a scholly for 4 years. We have a roster of 8 players; half of them are power forwards, we can't afford to "bank"anything for 2018, at the very least we have to fill the roster spot will a 5th grad to help THIS season...

This kid could be a lottery pick next year, doubt he takes up a scholly for 4 years. We have a roster of 8 players; half of them are power forwards, we can't afford to "bank"anything for 2018, at the very least we have to fill the roster spot will a 5th grad to help THIS season...
Something's fishy with his recruitment based on the teams remaining.

Agree; eligibility, or kid is disinterested in college, might be a China for 1 year before entering the draft-type...

Not unlike with Waters.

BUT!! BUT!!! OMG!!! THEY ARE GUARDS, AND WE NEED GUARDS WE NEED TO OFFER ASAP!!!! :p

When your other committable offers are Depaul and Creighton why would we go after him? Talk about aiming low for no reason. You bank the scholarship for 2018.

What are you talking about? This is a 5 star talent here, Oregon is heavily involved and is probably his landing spot if I had to guess right now, DePaul is in play because of the same reason Tyger Campbell committed there.

Wait this kid is a 5* and the 13th ranked player on ESPN? That's interesting...

Bowen is the 13th ranked player in the country and 3rd ranked SF. He has, or at least had, offers from Zona, MSU, NCSt, Texas, UCLA. He's basically a better Jordan Tucker right now. Remember when Tucker was down to Syracuse and Georgia Tech?

Ok so how does a 5* with offers from some serious pedigree teams end up with his only offers now as Creighton, Depaul and maybe Oregon? Grades? Bad Handlers?

Ok so how does a 5* with offers from some serious pedigree teams end up with his only offers now as Creighton, Depaul and maybe Oregon? Grades? Bad Handlers?
I like how you leave out Arizona, Michigan State, Florida St, and Texas.
The kid is a stud, obviously you need to brush up on your national recruits.

Depaul hired his former high school and AAU coach as assistants and they are pushing him to go there...

Seems like Texas is the favorite now. Did they jump in late?

What an arrogant response, as a CUSE local I guess I'm not up to par to even speak of the university, I guess I can't be a fan. Don't tweet negative stuff at recruits.

I really hate the attitude of some alumni towards us that have lived here, loved Syracuse, and SU our whole lives. Keyword, some.

We are all fans. I could hate on those that didn't know a thing about Syracuse sports before they decided to attend the University, but I don't. People fall in love with the program. So, I understand and love the amount of fans we have across the world. The pomposity towards 'townies' just drives me insane when it happens.

Anyway, carry on. No need to really talk about Bowen, but interesting recruitment for sure. Also, it was a harmless tweet.

No one is saying that you can't be a fan. Go ahead, but it is another to denigrate a university of which you have zero ties to outside of your fandom. That would be like me talking down on the SCSD or CBA, Bishop Ludden, etc when I have no skin in the game. It's ludicrous.

And the animosity that townies and students have is a two way street. Hardly one-sided.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom