Brian Dawkins did a feature on Shamarko tonight | Syracusefan.com

Brian Dawkins did a feature on Shamarko tonight

on NFL 32. Pretty cool, very, very positive assessment.

Said he reminded him of Bob Sanders. Not the first person to say that.
I really hope Shamarko can avoid knocking himself silly and have a long NFL career. If anyone deserves it...it's ST.

He is Bob Sanders

Damn. Bob sanders was great even in the NFL but he hit so hard he would always be on the DL by mid season! Different position but same issue was Dan Morgan. In the game was a beast but hurt half the season most years.

on NFL 32. Pretty cool, very, very positive assessment.

Said he reminded him of Bob Sanders. Not the first person to say that.
I remember someone else saying that, what 4 years ago?

Good call.

Have any experts voiced concerned about Shamarko's habit of leading with his helmet so often when tackling? Not only is it a health concern, but he won't be able to get away with it in the NFL like he did in college.

Have any experts voiced concerned about Shamarko's habit of leading with his helmet so often when tackling? Not only is it a health concern, but he won't be able to get away with it in the NFL like he did in college.
It's even questionable that he got away with it in college. He really needs to change his technique or his career might be cut short.

The Steelers organization addressed that question, "leading with the helmet", they said looking at his film & games he does not lead with his helmet.
As stated above & in this video at 1:48 they say Shamarko draws many comparison's to former pro bowler of the Colts, Bob Sanders. The reference to Sanders is here too.

If anything Shamarko has been said to lead with his shoulder as in this draft evaluation video. I posted an audio & video where someone from the Steeler's refutes the leading with the head reports. I'll be damned if I can find them now.

On those shoulder lead hits that resulted in obvious wooziness. What was the better option for him in order to make the tackle?

My favorite NFL player of all time doing a feature on one of my favorite SU guys in a while? Sign me up.

One of the best safeties of all time doing a feature on a recently drafted SU safety? Sign me up.

Wouldn't be a bad guy for Shamarko to keep on the speed dial. A real pro's pro. Smart on and off the field. Physical freak, who lives to train. Plus he was a beast in Madden back when I played. I would tell my buddies that Brian Dawkins is picking off the next pass, and he would.

If I am AJ Green, Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith or Ray Rice, I just shat myself a little harder. I'd like to see ShamWow especially lay a stick on Rice.

Popping Rice is not easy since he is short and thick. Rice could easily run over Shamarko. However, like you said about Green, Smith, Emmanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown...look out. If he ever gets little Travis Benjamin on the Browns...that could be ugly.

I grew up near Pittsburgh and am a big Steelers fan. I like the draft pick of Shamarko and am looking forward to seeing him patrolling the defensive backfield for the Steelers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom