Broadway Shows | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Broadway Shows

Lucky Seat and Broadway For Broke People are the two that I generally use. I live in NJ so I have the flexibility to be able to go on short notice. I’ve never paid more than $50 a ticket. Most seats are pretty decent. Last night at Book of Mormon was slightly obstructed view as I sat in the first Box stage right. The only other time I had obstructed view was Moulin Rouge when my view was slightly blocked by an elephant’s trunk. If you’re in the NYC area, I’d highly suggest it. If you’re coming into town, I might try it as a backup. Just because you win the lottery, it doesn’t commit you to the seats. You only pay if you decide to go.
To add on, if you live in the area and purchase from the theater box office, buy them in person. The delivery and service fees are ridiculous so it will save you a lot of money.

I used to do TKTS until I found out about the lotteries. I’m not saying I won’t use them again, but I’ve found that the discounts they offer are on their most expensive tickets.

Yeah, it's 9/11 related of course, but a pretty incredible story. I've heard the soundtrack, but just really like to see it performed live.

Book of Mormon is another where I've heard the soundtrack and would love to see the show. When South Park came out, no one realized how good those guys were at putting music together.

You don't walk out of Come From Away humming any of the hit songs. It's not that type of show. You do walk out of the theater feeling a little bit better about humanity. That's probably a reason why it's had such a successful run.
I don't know, I remember singing some "I'm and islander, I AM an islander" on my way out, though I think Me and the Sky is the best number from that excellent show!

I'm hopeful that the Almost Famous musical opening this fall will be a good one. Cameron Crowe wrote the book with music by Tom Kitt (Next to Normal).

I don't know, I remember singing some "I'm and islander, I AM an islander" on my way out, though I think Me and the Sky is the best number from that excellent show!

I'm hopeful that the Almost Famous musical opening this fall will be a good one. Cameron Crowe wrote the book with music by Tom Kitt (Next to Normal).
I hope so too.

Lucky Seat and Broadway For Broke People are the two that I generally use. I live in NJ so I have the flexibility to be able to go on short notice. I’ve never paid more than $50 a ticket. Most seats are pretty decent. Last night at Book of Mormon was slightly obstructed view as I sat in the first Box stage right. The only other time I had obstructed view was Moulin Rouge when my view was slightly blocked by an elephant’s trunk. If you’re in the NYC area, I’d highly suggest it. If you’re coming into town, I might try it as a backup. Just because you win the lottery, it doesn’t commit you to the seats. You only pay if you decide to go.
Thanks

Thanks
You’re welcome. Most of the time that I’ve gotten seats through lotteries I’ve had good seats. Some of the best were 3rd row for Beautiful and Oklahoma, as well as 10th row center for Mean Girls. They do limit entries to either 1 or 2 seats.

Yesterday I was tipping a few at McSorley’s before heading to the Bronx for another Yankee shlit show when I got a text. I won 2 tickets to Hadestown for Saturday’s matinee. I’ve heard great things, so it’s back to NYC again today.

Yesterday I was tipping a few at McSorley’s before heading to the Bronx for another Yankee shlit show when I got a text. I won 2 tickets to Hadestown for Saturday’s matinee. I’ve heard great things, so it’s back to NYC again today.
On my list. Let us know what you think.

I really liked it. I didn’t know much about it going in. It’s based on Greek Mythology which I wasn’t expecting. Definitely better than the Yankee game I saw last night. We saw the u/s play Persephone and she was outstanding. I recommend it. Lottery tickets were 4th row mezzanine center-right. On the way back to Port Authority we walked past Jonathan Groff on the sidewalk which was pretty cool and unexpected as well.

My wife and I went to see Hadestown for a 2nd time last week. Amazing show. Music, story, acting, singing, choreography, all at the highest level. One of my favorite shows ever. I'm glad you liked it. Everyone was good, but Eva Noblezada and Patrick Page as Eurydice & Hades were outstanding.

Props on the Groff sighting as well.

Saw Funny Girl Thursday night. Julie Benko is fantastic.

Sad that she's only there for a couple more weeks until Lea Michelle takes over. :(

My wife and I went to see Hadestown for a 2nd time last week. Amazing show. Music, story, acting, singing, choreography, all at the highest level. One of my favorite shows ever. I'm glad you liked it. Everyone was good, but Eva Noblezada and Patrick Page as Eurydice & Hades were outstanding.

Props on the Groff sighting as well.
The music and lyrics are by Anais Mitchell, who also performs solo and with Bonny Light Horsemen. I've featured a couple of her songs in my monthly Best-Of feature that I post, um, monthly on the 'Song Of The Day' thread. I love the wistfulness of her songs

Here's the most recent that I posted:

The music and lyrics are by Anais Mitchell, who also performs solo and with Bonny Light Horsemen. I've featured a couple of her songs in my monthly Best-Of feature that I post, um, monthly on the 'Song Of The Day' thread. I love the wistfulness of her songs

Here's the most recent that I posted:

Nice song! I’m going to check out more of her stuff on Spotify. Always looking for good new music (new to me anyways). It kind of reminded a bit of Norah Jones, but with a voice more like Kate Bush.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom