Broken Approach needs to change | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Broken Approach needs to change

Man , Mabury was pre-internet fan forums. Can you imagine if that happened today? Quade is good but he isn't Marbury. I guess good old Bobby Kremins really showed him just how great it is to be a Yellow Jacket :rolleyes:

Doubt it was intentional (or maybe it was?) but JB used the example of Marbury, a guy who allegedly got paid to go to Georgia Tech to make his point that the SU program can and will survive and thrive this recruiting situation. You know, the situation where some people believe a recruit may have gotten paid to go elsewhere.

Probably JB just used the Marbury case because we played for the title the season after he ditched us but it's pretty ironic (or is it?) that both players may have gotten paid.

Not sure the use of this pic is a great thing by SU fans, even in jest. What does it accomplish? It feels like something a Georgetown (or some other rival school) fan would use to make fun of our coach and program.

Here come the, "lighten up, Francis," comments.

Straw man.

I said that Marbury wouldn't have gotten us as far as we advanced that year [i.e., the 1996 championship game].

JB coincidentally said the same exact thing last night in his press conference.

Case closed.

Straw man on both sides.

What is JB going to say? Is he going to say "man, we actually would have won it all if Marbury didn't F us" and make Z look bad.

You don't know, I don't know, JB doesn't know, and nobody knows how it would have turned out if Marbury came and played over Z.

JB says some "things" sometimes that aren't always right or what he means.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom