Bruce Feldman talking Dino Babers. | Syracusefan.com

Bruce Feldman talking Dino Babers.

cuse309

Ace recruiting beat reporter
Feldman was on Eisen gushing over Dino. I've tried to post the youtube video, but it just won't work. If you're interested go to youtube, and search:
FOX Sports’ Bruce Feldman on Dino Babers’ Syracuse Revival & USC Possibility

Feldman was on Eisen gushing over Dino. I've tried to post the youtube video, but it just won't work. If you're interested go to youtube, and search:
FOX Sports’ Bruce Feldman on Dino Babers’ Syracuse Revival & USC Possibility

It played for me last night in the posts you deleted.

While I agree, USC would have to at least consider Dino, I think Dino stays.

I agree with Tom, Franklin would look good in USC attire. And PedState could hire Edsall or Schiano.

I hope Dino stays Orange forever but I must admit, he would kill it at USC.

I hope Dino stays Orange forever but I must admit, he would kill it at USC.

My takeaway was that we've got a great talent for a head coach, and we should feel lucky to have him. He's being recognized publicly, nationwide, and is evidence of more national relativity. That's why I posted it. Of course the USC/Auburn or whoever talk will come up naturally when he's mentioned on national media. At this point, if he isn't being talked about, that means we're losing, and irrelevant. Given the choice, I prefer he stay relevant. This all comes with the territory.

I mean did nobody hear Dino tell Feldman he was going to try to deliver an undefeated season (ala the zonk dolphin 72 team?)

We have a Dome and you don’t neener neener neener

The pride of building something that is largely self built (albeit with decent history in a far off land) instead of just going somewhere where he is expected to win and looked at as just “drafting” on all the “advantages” that some blue blood already had in place.

All of this with the caveat as long as the administration (and community) support him at a championship level. I think we have seen a willingness of the admins to do so with planning for more (Dome reno, housing etc).

Dino is also just beginning to see that our fan base is a lot more invested than he probably originally thought. There is so much pent up excitement for football sucesss, and over the past 4 decades orange alum and CNY transplants now live in large numbers near virtually every single ACC opponent stadium. He is about to see what JB has seen for years. A wave of orange and “LGO” chants at opposing stadiums.

Being a mid sized private university in a non fottball hotbed has its disadvantages (lack of huge local rabid fan base) but an untold advantage is that our support is scattered all over the eastern seaboard right where we would want it.

Holy crap am I pumped

I mean did nobody hear Dino tell Feldman he was going to try to deliver an undefeated season (ala the zonk dolphin 72 team?)

We have a Dome and you don’t neener neener neener

The pride of building something that is largely self built (albeit with decent history in a far off land) instead of just going somewhere where he is expected to win and looked at as just “drafting” on all the “advantages” that some blue blood already had in place.

All of this with the caveat as long as the administration (and community) support him at a championship level. I think we have seen a willingness of the admins to do so with planning for more (Dome reno, housing etc).

Dino is also just beginning to see that our fan base is a lot more invested than he probably originally thought. There is so much pent up excitement for football sucesss, and over the past 4 decades orange alum and CNY transplants now live in large numbers near virtually every single ACC opponent stadium. He is about to see what JB has seen for years. A wave of orange and “LGO” chants at opposing stadiums.

Being a mid sized private university in a non fottball hotbed has its disadvantages (lack of huge local rabid fan base) but an untold advantage is that our support is scattered all over the eastern seaboard right where we would want it.

Holy crap am I pumped

Great post!

I get the insecurity. But this program is bigger than a coach at the end of the day. Even a great one like Dino. It would probably suck, but I would trust that Wildhack would make the right hire

I get the insecurity. But this program is bigger than a coach at the end of the day. Even a great one like Dino. It would probably suck, but I would trust that Wildhack would make the right hire
The overall history of the program is bigger than Dino Babers. But the current state of the program, in the media and nationally, is basically Dino Babers. He is electric and has a great personality, people love him. HOWEVER, JW did not bring him here. Mark Coyle did. There is reason for insecurity when you look at the state of the program under GERG and SS.

I too trust JW for all that he has done so far, assisting Dino in building the program, but he doesn't have a hiring history.

IMO Penn state a better gig than USC
nobody cares about the pac 12
I don't think Dino cares about what others think. People didn't take us seriously when he came here. USC was all over ESPN and had full celebrity status under Sneaky Pete. If Dino got them to similar status there's no reason to think it wouldn't be the same thing.

Dino seems to look beyond the surface stuff a lot of media people obsess about. He seems to like the CNY community and has a good relationship with the AD. There's no guarantee you get that with another move. Hopefully, stuff like that keeps him here a long time. I'll enjoy the ride as long as I can.

I don't think Dino cares about what others think. People didn't take us seriously when he came here. USC was all over ESPN and had full celebrity status under Sneaky Pete. If Dino got them to similar status there's no reason to think it wouldn't be the same thing.

Dino seems to look beyond the surface stuff a lot of media people obsess about. He seems to like the CNY community and has a good relationship with the AD. There's no guarantee you get that with another move. Hopefully, stuff like that keeps him here a long time. I'll enjoy the ride as long as I can.
Damn it! I got sucked in!

I was thinking the same thing. He's a smart guy and there are some things to like here that you won't get at USC.

I'm not sure he could bring his guys. They'd need to be big names.

No privacy from the media (keeping his mother's b day secret) he can manipulate media here. I doubt that's the case at USC.

A new dino dome!

8-9 wins here you're a legend. At USC you're fired.

Wildhack

I know there are big plusses for going to USC but I think there are a lot to stay here as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom