Bruce Pearl to Auburn... | Syracusefan.com

Bruce Pearl to Auburn...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 4m
Auburn has reached an agreement with Bruce Pearl. He will be the Tigers’ next basketball coach, a source told @CBSSports.

Good keep that slimebucket in the SEC. Perfect conference for him.

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 4m
Auburn has reached an agreement with Bruce Pearl. He will be the Tigers’ next basketball coach, a source told @CBSSports.

Glad he's not in the ACC because he's a recruiting monster. He'll turn that program around quickly.

Is there any chance Seth Greenburg gets a job this offseason?

Well good, when the NCAA is down there investigating the football team, they can go ahead and get the basketball team out of the way at the same time.

I am glad he got the Auburn job I didn't want him going to his alma mater Boston College. Auburn may become a NCAA team under Pearl, but top recruits won't go their Pearl will get the diamonds in the rough and cause damage. Pearl could win a NC at the right school like a Tennessee type program, but he isn't at Auburn.

I am glad he got the Auburn job I didn't want him going to his alma mater Boston College. Auburn may become a NCAA team under Pearl, but top recruits won't go their Pearl will get the diamonds in the rough and cause damage. Pearl could win a NC at the right school like a Tennessee type program, but he isn't at Auburn.
What's the difference between Tennessee and Auburn?

eh, check out LSU and UGA. they've gotten McD AAs to come there. JUCOs and transfers could also go. I figure he'll get his share of top recruits.

What's the difference between Tennessee and Auburn?
Tennessee actually cares about basketball. Thompson-Boiling is a legitimate home court advantage.

Only a handful of SEC teams really care about college hoops Kentucky, Missouri, Florida, LSU, Vanderbilt, Arkansas and Tennessee.

Auburn has had a couple of good years, but their basketball program has akin to a 2 star program. They don't care about their program like they do football.

Doubt he will get top recruits from NE like he might at BC, which is why it is good for SU and a bunch of others. The amount of kids Donahue has completed whiffed on is impressive.

eh, check out LSU and UGA. they've gotten McD AAs to come there. JUCOs and transfers could also go. I figure he'll get his share of top recruits.
LSU had Ty Thomas, Stromile Swift, and Big Baby Davis, but most of them were local kids.

LSU has Johnny O'Bryant now who was a great recruit,and Johnny Jones has shown some recruiting chops, but most SEC schools care more about spring football than college basketball.

Only 3 SEC teams have made the Final Four since 2000. Kentucky, Florida, and LSU(2006)

LSU had Ty Thomas, Stromile Swift, and Big Baby Davis, but most of them were local kids.

LSU has Johnny O'Bryant now who was a great recruit,and Johnny Jones has shown some recruiting chops, but most SEC schools care more about spring football than college basketball.

Only 3 SEC teams have made the Final Four since 2000. Kentucky, Florida, and LSU(2006)
don't disagree at all. i'm just saying that pearl can get a couple of those guys AND coach.

No other reputable conference would have him. ;)

I bet he has the dates with Tenn circled already.
I don't think he has any ill will toward Tennessee. He still has a house in Knoxville and makes appearances all of the time.

don't disagree at all. i'm just saying that pearl can get a couple of those guys AND coach.
Bruce Pearl will improve Auburn, but he isn't winning a NC was my main point. He could have won a NC at Tennessee. Tennessee is a legit basketball program, and he could get talent their and the fanbase supports basketball. Auburn is a program where if he gets to the 2nd weekend then he has a done a great job. Getting to the 2nd weekend at Tennessee wouldn't be enough. I think Pearl will make Auburn better, but its pretty obvious he jumped at the first BCS program to offer him and he felt a sense of loyalty and didn't want to wait for a better job.

Pearl to Auburn would be like Jim Tressel coming to Syracuse as the football coach. Tressel couldn't do at SU what he did at Ohio State. They are different. I would say Tressel would have more to work with at SU as FB than Pearl would at Auburn, but turning around a basketball program is a lot easier since you only recruit 13 guys instead of 85.

Ben Simmons is committed to LSU and he is a top 10 talent for class of 15'

What about the "Show Cause" order? Is the NCAA going to let it slide since it expires this summer?

They don't care about their program like they do football.
Neither does Tennessee.

And Florida never cared about basketball until Donovan arrived. Bring in a talented coach and things become possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom