Bruce | Syracusefan.com

Bruce

eh - another chance for the king of the workingman to take cash from his audience. I used to be on the Bruce bandwagon but the last decade or so ..... not so much.

eh - another chance for the king of the workingman to take cash from his audience. I used to be on the Bruce bandwagon but the last decade or so ... not so much.

The dude was playing 3:40 long concerts, played rarities and requests, and never the same show twice. And his ticket prices for his demo (think U2 and Stones) are more than fair.

Not sure what anyone can ask for.

The dude was playing 3:40 long concerts, played rarities and requests, and never the same show twice. And his ticket prices for his demo (think U2 and Stones) are more than fair.

Less politics and better music. Personal taste - his music hasn't worked for me and sorry the entire NYC piece and constant touring seems like a money grab.

Happened to drive out to Rochester this weekend and my timing couldn't have been more impeccable as it timed perfectly with this three plus hour show a couple days after his 36th birthday at the LA Coliseum. It was a great show to listen to and it's so hard to believe that 34 years later he is still putting on incredible shows.
Bruce Springsteen Setlist at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles

Less politics and better music. Personal taste - his music hasn't worked for me and sorry the entire NYC piece and constant touring seems like a money grab.

It’s fair to say Bruce and I never shared one single vote for anyone. Seen the guy 25 times, the politics angle is way overplayed. His magazine interviews aren’t his shows. If he cranked out Glory Day for 21 songs yeah that would be a cash grab but what he chooses to do is anything but.

Meanwhile The Rolling Stones sell Yeti products with their logo...

It’s fair to say Bruce and I never shared one single vote for anyone. Seen the guy 25 times, the politics angle is way overplayed. His magazine interviews aren’t his shows. If he cranked out Glory Day for 21 songs yeah that would be a cash grab but what he chooses to do is anything but.

Meanwhile The Rolling Stones sell Yeti products with their logo...
Seen close to 20 myself. Just agree to disagree on his recent output and motivations.

I mean playing music is his job. This is one strange criticism. Music tastes fine but touring and doing a broadway show?

I mean playing music is his job. This is one strange criticism. Music tastes fine but touring and doing a broadway show?
Fair point. Enjoy the shows. I will never change my mind that the Broadway stint wasn't an easy cash grab, and book promotion. Again personal view - one man's "strange"ness is another man's normal.

Fair point. Enjoy the shows. I will never change my mind that the Broadway stint wasn't an easy cash grab, and book promotion. Again personal view - one man's "strange"ness is another man's normal.
People really understate how hard doing a 1 person broadway show 5 days a week for god knows how many weeks really is

People really understate how hard doing a 1 person broadway show 5 days a week for god knows how many weeks really is
I agree. For a guy his age to not fall prey to sickness or some health issue was amazing. Not as impressed artistically in doing 15 songs that didn't have a set list or script change until nearly the 150th show. I know its a Broadway show, not a concert but they might be interchangeable in this case.

I agree. For a guy his age to not fall prey to sickness or some health issue was amazing. Not as impressed artistically in doing 15 songs that didn't have a set list or script change until nearly the 150th show. I know its a Broadway show, not a concert but they might be interchangeable in this case.
I think the issue was the sequencing to the book

I think there's always a cash grab, it's the way of the world. But this is a guy who literally never stops performing and creating. Which I think primarily reflects two things.

1. He loves it.
2. He will always give back to the fanbase that got him there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom