Bucknell coming in 2019-20 | Syracusefan.com

Bucknell coming in 2019-20

Too bad Sestina didn’t end up coming here. Would have made for a nice early season storyline.

So 20 ACC games.

Preseason NIT ( 2 Dome games TBA, 2 games at Barclays with Ole Miss, Penn State, Oklahoma State) 4 games that count as 1.

Bucknell
Colgate
Cornell
Big Ten home game.
3 games TBA.

I hope we play one road game.
We don’t have Georgetown on the schedule a home/home with Villanova wouldn’t be the worst thing.
Play next year at Villanova and find 2 more tomato cans.

So 20 ACC games.

Preseason NIT ( 2 Dome games TBA, 2 games at Barclays with Ole Miss, Penn State, Oklahoma State) 4 games that count as 1.

Bucknell
Colgate
Cornell
Big Ten home game.
3 games TBA.

We don’t have Georgetown on the schedule a home/home with Villanova wouldn’t be the worst thing.

Don't know who Colgate has coming back, but they may be out of the tomato can category after winning the Patriot and giving Tennessee a solid game.

So 20 ACC games.

Bucknell
Colgate
Cornell
Big Ten home game.
3 games TBA.

A home and home with nova would be great. Go on the road next year and they return the game the following.

Don't know who Colgate has coming back, but they may be out of the tomato can category after winning the Patriot and giving Tennessee a solid game.

Matt Langel's coming back, that might be the most important part if you think he's responsible for this rise (I'm not 100% sold, but he's obviously done a great job). Possibly better than that, Jordan Burns was just a sophomore this season, and the Lithuanian kid has at least another year left as well.

The Red Raiders are most definitely thinking of another Patriot League title and hopefully pulling an upset in one of their guarantee games.

But I'll believe they can win in the Dome when I see it happen.

A home and home with nova would be great. Go on the road next year and they return the game the following.

Can't play Nova without an Arcidiacono.

So 20 ACC games.

Bucknell
Colgate
Cornell
Big Ten home game.
3 games TBA.

Schedule cupcakes. We don't need more OOC loses especially with next year's inexperienced squad.

Schedule cupcakes. We don't need more OOC loses especially with next year's inexperienced squad.

That strategy didn’t work out for NC ST this year. Their weak non conf killed them on selection day. However, it depends on what goal you have. If it’s just to keep the winning record streak alive then agree pile up wins in the non conf.

Matt Langel's coming back, that might be the most important part if you think he's responsible for this rise (I'm not 100% sold, but he's obviously done a great job). Possibly better than that, Jordan Burns was just a sophomore this season, and the Lithuanian kid has at least another year left as well.

The Red Raiders are most definitely thinking of another Patriot League title and hopefully pulling an upset in one of their guarantee games.

But I'll believe they can win in the Dome when I see it happen.
Now that Syracuse has beaten Colgate 53 times in a row, the longest winning streak against an opponent in the history of college basketball, the next goal is to beat the winning streak the Globetrotters had over the Washington Generals. 2495 games is a lot. I might not see that record broken.

Now that Syracuse has beaten Colgate 53 times in a row, the longest winning streak against an opponent in the history of college basketball, the next goal is to beat the winning streak the Globetrotters had over the Washington Generals. 2495 games is a lot. I might not see that record broken.

Maybe, They are doing wonderful things in the field of medicine these days and I hear married men live longer. :p

Cupcakes cost you on your resume
I get you. Not saying play all cupcakes. We have a couple of decent P5 teams in the preseason NIT and a B1G team. No need to schedule more potential loses. This is not a vintage Syracuse team. 14 losses on Selection Sunday and you're not getting in.

That strategy didn’t work out for NC ST this year. Their weak non conf killed them on selection day. However, it depends on what goal you have. If it’s just to keep the winning record streak alive then agree pile up wins in the non conf.

The 20 game ACC schedule will change the landscape quite a lot. The NCAA selection comittee is going to have to take those conference game seriously because teams like Virginia, Syracuse, Louisville can't play 100% of their schedule against P5 competition. It just won't be a fair playing field. Meanwhile, it seems a conference game is given about half credit by the committee, I suppose because you didn't "elect" to play that game voluntarily.

Play better, don't dumb down the schedule. Win the games and its a moot point.

Now I think we've identified the goal JB has in mind before retiring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom