Buddy Boeheim: Signing 2-way with Pistons | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim: Signing 2-way with Pistons

I agree. Efficiency needs to be measured against the alternative. No doubt that a player may very well be more efficient playing for 32 vs 38 minutes but is the team more efficient resulting in a higher win probability with a bench player playing more minutes? Remember opponents would change their defensive assignments to adjust for who is on the floor at the time too. Just interesting if there is a measurement that coaches use.

I don’t know how useful eFG% is but it seems to be shown for every player along with their stats. Buddy had a career% of 51.2 for his 4 year career while Gerry had 49.4%, Melo had 49.8% for his single year and Joe Girard has a 47.5% for his career to date. Cole Swider who played sparingly for Nova before starting for us has a career eFG of 55%! What it all means, I sure don’t know, I only can speculate and probably be wrong. :)

I get what you’re saying but who on the bench last year was going to give us more wins for our record from the guard spot by playing more and Buddy sitting? This question isn’t just directed to you but to those who expressed a wish that he had less time on the court - just interested in opinions for who people thought was on the bench that would have resulted in us having a better record? Thanks.
Because JB wouldn’t sign anyone to challenge Buddy’s minutes. At least in my opinion.

I don't think Dwayne Casey (Detroit coach) is comfortable tanking so early or as strongly as others, but the last 20 games of the season I would be surprised if Detroit doesn't throw some really limited lineups out there. Which will force them to dress the 2-Way players.

BB will get some time on the big squad whether he has fully earned it or not, in March/April.

After a couple games of scoring about 10 points he had another big game tonight starting again. Scored 21 points in 33 mins shooting 7/13 from 3 and had 7 rebs.

After a couple games of scoring about 10 points he had another big game tonight starting again. Scored 21 points in 33 mins shooting 7/13 from 3 and had 7 rebs.
7 rebs. That is huge. Do you know what his best reb game was at SU?

I don’t know. But he also had a g league game last month where he got 10 rebs.

I just checked his career game log and he had 7 twice. Both in his senior season.

With Cunningham out for the year, the Pistons should play all the young guys to get them experience for next year, and to see who will be part of the future. It's not necessarily tanking, but in the process it could help land them the French phenom.

Buddy’s last 5 game stats. He’s been doing very well.
Averaging 26.8 minutes a game
Scoring average 14.6 points per game
4-7 from 2 and 20-50 - 40% from 3
100% ft%
4.4 average rebounds per game

Buddy’s last 5 game stats. He’s been doing very well.
Averaging 26.8 minutes a game
Scoring average 14.6 points per game
4-7 from 2 and 20-50 - 40% from 3
100% ft%
4.4 average rebounds per game

He hasn’t played in his G league teams last 3-4 games because he suffered a toe injury and is day to day. At least one game he was on the Pistons bench in street clothes.

Like JB said on his radio show tonight, Buddy has missed the last 4 weeks of G league play with an injury and tonight would be his first game back.

He did pretty well tonight. Played 22 mins and scored 17 points on 6/13 shooting and 5/11 from 3. Also had 2 rebs, 2 asts, and 2 blks.

They played the Lakers G league team and after being up with the Lakers for several games Cole was back down. He scored 11 points in 25 mins shooting 4/11 with 1/6 from 3. Added 4 rebs and 1 ast.

FWIW, Sykes plays with Buddy and he scored 19 points tonight.

"What's your name ? Who's your daddy ? "

R-589824-1314816162.jpg

Like JB said on his radio show tonight, Buddy has missed the last 4 weeks of G league play with an injury and tonight would be his first game back.

He did pretty well tonight. Played 22 mins and scored 17 points on 6/13 shooting and 5/11 from 3. Also had 2 rebs, 2 asts, and 2 blks.

They played the Lakers G league team and after being up with the Lakers for several games Cole was back down. He scored 11 points in 25 mins shooting 4/11 with 1/6 from 3. Added 4 rebs and 1 ast.

FWIW, Sykes plays with Buddy and he scored 19 points tonight.

Thanks for sharing. Where are you finding G League games? I seldom see them on actual TV. Which streaming service?

Thanks for sharing. Where are you finding G League games? I seldom see them on actual TV. Which streaming service?

On the ESPN app. Scores.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom