Buddy Boeheim | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim

How do we know this is Buddy’s team?

What if Benny is better?
Whose team would it be?

Buddy was hot at the end of the year.
He wasn’t all-ACC last year.
Quincy Guerrier was 3rd team all-ACC.

If you buy he wasn’t nominated last year why was he nominated this year.
That is bullchit.
It’s obvious, it must be that the ACC just loves SU and Coach Boeheim. :rolleyes:

Did you watch JJ Redick play?
My god.
I mean what the hell is going on.

JJ Redick is the 2nd alltime leading scorer in the history of the ACC.

My god.

So you’re saying you think he was more of a comp for Girard?

clearly all the national pundits naming him preseason AA and all-conference are just throwing JB a bone and/or have no clue
Good for the kid being preseason all-American.
Glad he is getting love.
Does that mean he is going to be an all-American this year?
I hope he is.
If we are only allowed to have sunshine and unicorn posts let me know I will do that.
I don’t believe he is one of the 5 best players in college hoops.

I hope he is. So based on preseason polls we are going to be 7th in the ACC and be a bubble team I guess.
If we go by preseason picks.

If he isn’t our best player we’re not going .500.

I can see scenarios where Swider, Williams or even Edwards wind up being better than Buddy even if he's very good.

If Buddy hits 159 threes, but Swider hits 181, does that make for a bad year?

Williams has the pedigree and athletic prowess where he could very well be our best penetrator, rebounder and shotblocker, while still being a solid three point threat. If he averaged 18 and 9 and has our best floor game, but Buddy averages 19 on five made threes a game...

Edwards may be the only player whose skill set isn't duplicated on the team. His defensive presence could rival Fab Melo if he puts it together.

If any of these guys have great seasons, Buddy could be second fiddle and still have a great year.

Wouldn't it be nice?

Last edited:
Good for the kid being preseason all-American.
Glad he is getting love.
Does that mean he is going to be an all-American this year?
I hope he is.
If we are only allowed to have sunshine and unicorn posts let me know I will do that.
I don’t believe he is one of the 5 best players in college hoops.

I hope he is. So based on preseason polls we are going to be 7th in the ACC and be a bubble team I guess.
If we go by preseason picks.
Right on.
I personally am not sold Buddy will be 1st team AA worthy - I mean if he continues where he left off from March '21, then yeah chances are good... I'm pointing out there's a lot of national buzz from legit basketball ppl, it's not just some deluded fanbase groupthink going on

Right on.
I personally am not sold Buddy will be 1st team AA worthy - I mean if he continues where he left off from March '21, then yeah chances are good... I'm pointing out there's a lot of national buzz from legit basketball ppl, it's not just some deluded fanbase groupthink going on

Well said. And if he is 1st team AA I bet we finish a lot better than 7th.

How we play in the regular season will depend on how all the new players gel and how quickly. Hopefully we’re not hit with injuries and/or sickness either

Well said. And if he is 1st team AA I bet we finish a lot better than 7th.
If he is projected as a first team all-American preseason why we are projected 7th preseason?

Just asking the question caller?

If he is projected as a first team all-American preseason why we are projected 7th preseason?

Just asking the question caller?

Jury is out on Point Guard play and forwards that have never played in our system.

I would personally have us 5th, but we need to show that we can do it.

I do know the coaches are pretty excited for the team, but it’s going to come down to one position and whether he/Symir produce.

Trayce Jackson-Davis of Indiana named by numerous publications (Athlon, Blue Ribbon, ESPN, Dick Vitale etc) has been named a 1st team All American, while Indiana is picked, as a team, to finish 7th in the Big 10.

Athlon, CBS and SI have Buddy 2nd team preseason All American.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom