Buddy & Sidibe | Syracusefan.com

Buddy & Sidibe

SyrDave

Walk On
When is Buddy back?

Has Sidibe had the surgery yet? Is there a ETA for his return?

It should be interesting to see how they play this week against more formidable competition.

The increased playing time for the freshman may be a good thing in the long run.

When is Buddy back?

Has Sidibe had the surgery yet? Is there a ETA for his return?

It should be interesting to see how they play this week against more formidable competition.

The increased playing time for the freshman may be a good thing in the long run.

Buddy back after Rutgers game.
Assuming he’s not positive.

CDB was spoda have surgery on Tuesday.
Don’t know if he did or did not.

Buddy will be back Thursday unless something unforeseen happens

During rider game they mentioned that Buddy was shut down last Saturday due to exposure. Last week he would have been required to quarantine for 14 days however with the new CDC guidelines he should be able to come back either after 7 days with a negative test or 10 days without a test end no symptoms. In both cases that would make him available for tomorrow’s Rutgers game ( i think). Anyone know if if he was exposed on Saturday and they follow 10 day protocol does the Saturday of exposure count towards the 10 days. If yes then Tuesday would be buddy’s 11th day and should be good assuming he has not since tested positive. If the clock started Sunday then today would be day 9 and tomorrow 10. In that case i believe he would have missed it by one day however with the ability to test he should have no issue taking a test and getting results before the game even if they wait until today or tomorrow morning to test buddy.

Anyone know if acc or NY state is following these new CDC recommendations? I believe we will see Buddy tomorrow but i have no information other than knowing the CDC recommendations and what was said during during the rider game.

question could be where was he shut down.. if he was home he would have a pretty good set up to try to keep his legs and shooting.. if he was in his APPT he probably is out of game shape..

question could be where was he shut down.. if he was home he would have a pretty good set up to try to keep his legs and shooting.. if he was in his APPT he probably is out of game shape..
There have been a bunch of articles - he's at home (parents) with full gym attached.
And 14 day rule will still hold. NY State is bollocks.

There have been a bunch of articles - he's at home (parents) with full gym attached.
And 14 day rule will still hold. NY State is bollocks.
The PS had an article this morning (I linked it in the Daily Articles) that said Buddy could return on Thursday.

What worries me is JB’s hands off approach to off-court activities. With campus basically shut down and bars closing early there’s no excuse for these kids to test positive. You almost have to willfully violate social distancing protocols at this point.

What worries me is JB’s hands off approach to off-court activities. With campus basically shut down and bars closing early there’s no excuse for these kids to test positive. You almost have to willfully violate social distancing protocols at this point.

If you go into a gas station or supermarket, everyone stays 6 feet apart, everyone wears masks, it is not impossible that you could catch the ‘rona. If one infected person screws up and sneezes with their mask off near you, that’s ballgame.

Masks and social distancing help. They’re not a magic bullet. These kids aren’t in a bubble and shouldn’t be, frankly.

If you go into a gas station or supermarket, everyone stays 6 feet apart, everyone wears masks, it is not impossible that you could catch the ‘rona. If one infected person screws up and sneezes with their mask off near you, that’s ballgame.

Masks and social distancing help. They’re not a magic bullet. These kids aren’t in a bubble and shouldn’t be, frankly.
There was a point in one of the games I watched this weekend, heck I can't even remember if it was an SU game, but I think it was, where the team huddled up together and one of the players put his arms around the closest two players and pulled them in closer. I was taken aback for a moment. Why bother with masks when the player is on the bench only to have them getting intentionally closer at times when exhalation rates are higher (timeouts during a game) and no one has a mask?

It will come to players having to do what my kid will have to do here in VT. That funny moment where JBA forgot to dump his gaiter before coming into the game will only be funny when they forget to wear it. Yeah, VT is requiring HS basketball players to wear masks at all times. Only a matter of time before VT requires the same for UVM and the other colleges that play here.

It amazes me that it's still news to some people that a virus is going to do things that a virus does.

Buddy doesn't have covid. Someone he was near has covid. That is the problem. I couldn't keep myself safer. But it isn't impossible for someone who tests positive could have been near me. And with these rules, I have to isolate.

Buddy doesn't have covid. Someone he was near has covid. That is the problem. I couldn't keep myself safer. But it isn't impossible for someone who tests positive could have been near me. And with these rules, I have to isolate.

I am doing EXACTLY THIS, right now.

One of my co-workers (there are only 3 of us, total) was in last Wed afternoon, and she and I were not in "close contact" for more than like 10 seconds, when I handed her something to mail out to a client.

She had gotten tested that am, after having passed TWO tests the week prior, as she had potentially been exposed to somebody who's kids tested positive.

Friday night she finds out this latest test came back positive.
She is completely asymptomatic - like, nothing, at all.

So - I have been in quarantine at home since Sat am.
Because it's what is required, and because it's the right thing to do.

Buddy is doing the same.

I’m just comparing to the football team. Was there even a single player that had to miss time because of contact tracing?

The PS had an article this morning (I linked it in the Daily Articles) that said Buddy could return on Thursday.
The question I had was since there playing would nj versus ny protocol apply?

The question I had was since there playing would nj versus ny protocol apply?
The local rules are the rules that apply. This is why Stanford stayed in NC to play extra games and had to go to Vegas to keep playing games. This allowed them to get around the local rules in Palo Alto.

If that was the case, I think Dino would be finding a way to toss a few of them into a volcano to ensure another victory over Clemson (probably not enough for a winning season at this point).
I didn’t realize male virgins were eligible as sacrifices. Chip and millhouse will probably misinterpret this.

Everything you say is true, but it's pretty surprising we already have more positive tests/exposures on the 15ish man basketball team than we had all season on the 100 man football team.

This also points out that almost every person that has caused issues in the NFL came about because they have not been following mask rules inside the training areas and almost no issues have been as a result of practice or games.. create your own bubble of some small number and dont mix between bubbles.. just like most of us in HS ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom