Buddy will be in the NBA | Syracusefan.com

Buddy will be in the NBA

BF770956-44D4-4346-87A4-ABD1EA45D088.gif

One can hope. Just as long as he's 4 years here.

He is about to lead the ACC in 3 pt shooting % and he is only a frosh. He could well end up holding some impressive records. What skill beyond 3 pt shooting did Steve Kerr have?

He is about to lead the ACC in 3 pt shooting % and he is only a frosh. He could well end up holding some impressive records. What skill beyond 3 pt shooting did Steve Kerr have?

Steve Kerr is one of top 5 best shooters in history in terms of strictly shooting the basketball .. he was also a much better ball handler and athlete .. this is a joke right ?

I don't think he compares favorably to GMac, Rautins, Cooney, or Richardson as an athlete. I don't think he is far behind, and he will get better with S&C, but he is not even at their level. 2 of those guys never even sniffed the NBA. The other 2 didn't out last their initial contracts. From what I have seen, I don't think he could get open in the NBA.

And it is common for year-to-year 3 pt. averages to level off, or even plummet.

I don't think he compares favorably to GMac, Rautins, Cooney, or Richardson as an athlete. I don't think he is far behind, and he will get better with S&C, but he is not even at their level. 2 of those guys never even sniffed the NBA. The other 2 didn't out last their initial contracts. From what I have seen, I don't think he could get open in the NBA.

Forget an NBA lock down defender .. how did buddy look against the tight D of FSU? There are hundreds of dudes that can shoot the lights out wide open from the college three

What skill beyond 3 pt shooting did Steve Kerr have?

Lightning quick ball handling against NBA defenders? (Who are better than Virginia Techs)

Buddy is a legit 6’6 and might grow another inch. Cooney and GMac were small for their positions.

I just don’t see Buddy having the quickness or athleticism that Cooney or Raymond had

Can we just watch and see and enjoy how his SU career progresses?

Nah, I got JB introducing him in Springfield in 30 years. JB will be the oldest living member of the Hall of Fame when it goes down.

Last edited:
Shooting is one variable... the others need a ton of work

James Southerland could shoot the lights out, was 6'8", and barely sniffed the NBA.

Buy hey, if he improves enough to enter the NBA, that would be totally amazing...

Steve Kerr is one of top 5 best shooters in history in terms of strictly shooting the basketball .. he was also a much better ball handler and athlete .. this is a joke right ?
I don't know if he'll make the NBA or not, but I hope he does. JJ Redick might be a better comparison.

Just for fun I looked up Steve Kerr' s freshman stats. He averaged 11 ppg on 51% shooting (the 3 point line did not exist at the time).

Buddy is averaging 5 ppg on 36% shooting by comparison.

For the record, I believe Buddy probably could have played in the NBA in the 80s when the game was much slower paced and nobody knew how to guard shooters. Neither he nor Steve Kerr would make it in today's NBA, however. Steve Kerr has said the same btw, not about Buddy obviously, but about himself.

Buddy is leaving and his sister is transferring in to break D1 basketball barriers. In 3 years she joins Buddy in the NBA. The Knicks hire JB as the GM and they string together 3 championships in a row. Julie then becomes the first female president and the White House is moved inside the carrier dome.

I don't know if he'll make the NBA or not, but I hope he does. JJ Redick might be a better comparison.

I think you need to go YouTube some JJ highlights from he was at Duke. Buddy is having a year that passes many expectations but lets reel it in a bit with comparing him to a guy that was NPOY and one of the best scorers in conference history.

Just let the kid play ball. He will be here for 4 years. He isn't playing in the NBA and that's OK. He will be a very good college ball player and I expect him to be a great leader his junior and senior years. JJ Reddick was arguably one of the greatest college basketball players in the last 25-30 years. There is no comparing the two and it's ridiculous.

I think you need to go YouTube some JJ highlights from he was at Duke. Buddy is having a year that passes many expectations but lets reel it in a bit with comparing him to a guy that was NPOY and one of the best scorers in conference history.

Yes, Reddick was always very athletic - his handle was great/driving wasn't a strength early on, but he developed that fairly quickly.

This is spot on. The best way to see it is when the other team is pushing the ball up the floor after we press. He just doesn’t have the speed. If you see the careers of the guys you mentioned they all would work the floor around screens to get open. It took speed and agility. I don’t see it with Buddy. That’s not a major criticism either it just limits his future prospects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom