Buffalo Restaurants | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Restaurants

Marty McFly

Resident Lurker
Looking for a solid dinner place with outdoor seating in the Buffalo area. Bonus points if it has a nice view...

Looking for most delicious or impressive? 2 whole different worlds.

These days a delicious restaurant meal is impressive, lol. But ya, a tasty meal is definitely more important. Just looking for a solid dinner spot, with a relaxing outdoor space and a view.

Mother's is good and has outdoor seating:

Other good places, not sure about the view:
tappoitalian.com
osteriabuffalo.com

Anyone know why 716 closed? Was really surprised by that, thought it would last for decades.

Anyone know why 716 closed? Was really surprised by that, thought it would last for decades.
A bunch of stories about employees being treated horribly. Then the pandemic seemed to kill it off. It should be awesome as a Southern Tier taproom.

The food there was horrible.

It's in a great location so hopefully Southern Tier really improves it

We went to the Southern Tier Brew House in Pitt before we played there in 2018 and it was awesome. I hope this one is too.

We went to the Southern Tier Brew House in Pitt before we played there in 2018 and it was awesome. I hope this one is too.
Went to the one in Cleveland before the MAC Finals in ‘19. Cool spot

If you like craft beer Resurgence Brewing is a really cool space and has solid food and phenomenal beer in a cool venue. If you want a neighborhood joint that has my favorite wings in Buffalo go to Doc Sullivan’s and get the Smitty wings.

If you like craft beer Resurgence Brewing is a really cool space and has solid food and phenomenal beer in a cool venue. If you want a neighborhood joint that has my favorite wings in Buffalo go to Doc Sullivan’s and get the Smitty wings.
Love Docs - my inlaws are from South Buffalo

Agreed. Didn’t care for the food at all at 716. A heads up for cuse fans on Southern Tier: they don’t have the ACC Network for some reason. Went there to watch Cuse FSU and they couldn’t get the game. Ended up at Sidelines, which I knew would definitely have it.

Looking for a solid dinner place with outdoor seating in the Buffalo area. Bonus points if it has a nice view...

Sorry I missed this, but I would’ve suggested Britesmith Brewing in Williamsville. Really good food, solid beer and probably one of the best patios in WNY. Can’t go wrong with the patio at Hydraulic Hearth either.

Heading home for the weekend. Planning on gaining a solid 3-4lbs in 2 days. Contemplated trying to do WingNutz but my 1st love is Kellys Korner. Really wish Leonardis was still open as that was my #1 pizza but not gonna complain about Bocce or La Nova.

Heading home for the weekend. Planning on gaining a solid 3-4lbs in 2 days. Contemplated trying to do WingNutz but my 1st love is Kellys Korner. Really wish Leonardis was still open as that was my #1 pizza but not gonna complain about Bocce or La Nova.

Leonardis was the greatest, miss that place

This will sound sacrilegious, but I'm really not that big a fan of Buffalo pizza (too doughy most of the time). I mean it's definitely not bad, but I prefer a good New York style pie, of which the options are few around here. That said, the cup and char pepperoni is amazing. I also live around the corner from Bocce and they are very good.

A few buddies and I get together maybe once every 1-2 months for wings and beer. Wingnutz is our next stop (FYI, I think it's only open on Tuesdays), but I think Kelly's Korner may be next.

I've heard really good things about Imperial Pizza and Lovejoy Pizza, but Bocce's is my go-to.

Enjoy!

This will sound sacrilegious, but I'm really not that big a fan of Buffalo pizza (too doughy most of the time). I mean it's definitely not bad, but I prefer a good New York style pie, of which the options are few around here. That said, the cup and char pepperoni is amazing. I also live around the corner from Bocce and they are very good.

I like Buffalo pizza but I don't view it as a significant upgrade over NYC style as you said. I do really miss Bocce's though

A few buddies and I get together maybe once every 1-2 months for wings and beer. Wingnutz is our next stop (FYI, I think it's only open on Tuesdays), but I think Kelly's Korner may be next.

I've heard really good things about Imperial Pizza and Lovejoy Pizza, but Bocce's is my go-to.

Enjoy!
That's how I found a lot of spots. Back in like 2011 or somewhere around there before I moved, we had a group of 6-8 from work that would go once a week to a spot that none of us had before, that we heard was great or someone recommended. That's how I ended up with my top 3 of Kellys, 9-11 and Mammossers. Kellys and Mammossers aren't traditional hot wings though. Their hots are more of a thicker pepper based sauce and a damn delight. Looking very, very forward to tomorrow afternoon as it's been nearly a year since I've had them.

That's how I found a lot of spots. Back in like 2011 or somewhere around there before I moved, we had a group of 6-8 from work that would go once a week to a spot that none of us had before, that we heard was great or someone recommended. That's how I ended up with my top 3 of Kellys, 9-11 and Mammossers. Kellys and Mammossers aren't traditional hot wings though. Their hots are more of a thicker pepper based sauce and a damn delight. Looking very, very forward to tomorrow afternoon as it's been nearly a year since I've had them.

Love mammossers and 9-11. Will have to try Kellys

I grew up on the Northside of Syracuse and we always had Pavone’s or Paladino’s.

Fast forward a few decades and I live in Rochester with a girl from Orchard Park.

One of the first family get togethers she brought me to was a fun casual football Sunday eating pizza and wings (circa 2009).

Her family was pumped for the pizza (can’t remember which place in OP delivered it) so I was also looking forward to it.

Boxes open and I said to her, “Didn’t know you guys were such big fans of Sicilians!” which was meant as a wisecrack to my heritage and the thickness of the pies.

After a few confused looks and many other ensuing casual meals with the in-laws, I quickly figured out pizza gets about an eighth of an inch thicker the further west you go from NYC (with few exceptions).

Been in a weight loss contest with a few friends for the past 5 weeks. Had lost 3-4 lbs steadily through each of the 1st 4 weeks. Spent 3 days back home indulging in all my favorites (Kellys, Paulas, Bocce) and weighed in last night at +3 for week 5. Good bye money.

I grew up on the Northside of Syracuse and we always had Pavone’s or Paladino’s.

Fast forward a few decades and I live in Rochester with a girl from Orchard Park.

One of the first family get togethers she brought me to was a fun casual football Sunday eating pizza and wings (circa 2009).

Her family was pumped for the pizza (can’t remember which place in OP delivered it) so I was also looking forward to it.

Boxes open and I said to her, “Didn’t know you guys were such big fans of Sicilians!” which was meant as a wisecrack to my heritage and the thickness of the pies.

After a few confused looks and many other ensuing casual meals with the in-laws, I quickly figured out pizza gets about an eighth of an inch thicker the further west you go from NYC (with few exceptions).

Oh man, was it Cappelli's? That's where my father-in-law always orders from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom