Buffalo Sabres | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Sabres

donniesyracuse

Hall of Fame
I'm relatively new to the world of hockey. I didn't start paying attention until a few years ago when I began commuting to Buffalo. It's been a pleasure watching this late season run by the Sabres, but it's amazing how quickly their fortunes have turned. Last week when they beat up the Capitals, it looked like they were on their way to the playoffs, now just two games later, they are two points out of eighth place. There are still three games remaining. It will be exciting end to the regular season.

As a Sabres die-hard, the season is over. We don't hold any of the tie-breakers and the loss to Toronto the other night was unacceptable and crippling. Just as the team got healthy and made a huge run, Ehrhoff and Myers were out again with injuries. It's been a snake-bit year, and the rough start can be traced directly to Miller getting trucked by Lucic.

I can't help but keep watching. What an amazing win tonight. Don't think we'll sneak in, but I can't help but watch every night anyway.

It was amazing. I was flipping between the Sabres and Knicks last night. They were complete opposites.

So happy for Thompson... a lot of talk ... what... just a week, week and a half ago of sending him back down to Rochester.

Kid lookin like a stud now. Guess management and staff know what they’re doing.

So happy for Thompson... a lot of talk ... what... just a week, week and a half ago of sending him back down to Rochester.

Kid lookin like a stud now. Guess management and staff know what they’re doing.
Was at the game vs the habs (obv) really impressed with him. Can move pretty well for his size.

There was a lot of complaining back in 2015 when the Sabres didn't get McDavid (understandable enough) but I was sure Eichel was a blue chip prospect and one they could build a franchise around - given some other good decisions, of course. Like getting Skinner and drafting Dahlin. We don't get to see them much out here, for two reasons: HNIC thinks the sun doesn't shine until the Leafs get up, and McDavid just 3 hours up the road. We sure get a bellyfull of them (I'm not a Flames fan). It's good to see that franchise turn around, and nothing's more fun than seeing them beat Toronto! :)

There was a lot of complaining back in 2015 when the Sabres didn't get McDavid (understandable enough) but I was sure Eichel was a blue chip prospect and one they could build a franchise around - given some other good decisions, of course. Like getting Skinner and drafting Dahlin. We don't get to see them much out here, for two reasons: HNIC thinks the sun doesn't shine until the Leafs get up, and McDavid just 3 hours up the road. We sure get a bellyfull of them (I'm not a Flames fan). It's good to see that franchise turn around, and nothing's more fun than seeing them beat Toronto! :)
Oddly - and thankfully - the Madison Square Garden Network carries the Sabres' games.

OH man they are fun to watch right now. Skinner is on a rediculous pace and will come back to earth but plenty of secondary scoring. Hutton has been a huge upgrade in net and Dahlin will eventually be a yearly Norris trophy candidate.

LETS GO BUFFALO

I agree sick bump. This is exciting though. I don't remember looking forward to a reg. season hockey game, well, ever; but can't wait for the Toronto game already.
Anyone have that NHL TV package? May have to get that after Christmas.

What happened. Probably up and downs of a younger squad.
Complete reliance on winning one goal games. It’s not sustainable but it’s been so much fun to watch and I’m just so happy we’re not an embarrassment. The future is really bright for this group and Dahlin is living up to if not surpassing the hype.

french connection. Gilbert Perreault, Richard Martin and Rene Robert. that is all you need to know about buffalo hockey. the rest is irrelevant.

DyH1NS8WoAEe3s4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom