Buffs hire MacIntyre | Syracusefan.com

Buffs hire MacIntyre

What's the problem with the Colorado program? It used to be very solid. I'm confused as to how it could fall so far off the face of the earth.

What's the problem with the Colorado program? It used to be very solid. I'm confused as to how it could fall so far off the face of the earth.
Sounds somewhat too familiar...doesn't it?

Sounds somewhat too familiar...doesn't it?
Except that Colorado is a big state school with a large fan base in a state with a growing population.

Agreed. It won't take much to get them to #2 in the P12 South. And as long as Lane is at USC you will have a shot at the P12 CG.

Yeah, it's been erie listening to local radio here in Denver and how similar it is to what SU went through. Not shelling out the dough is a huge part of the problem, among many. That is up until now I suppose. It's a mess here, and makes me that much more grateful to be an SU fan.

It was such an interesting program in the 90s, and even early 00's, then completely fell apart. As mentioned, we can relate. Seemed like every time I was looking at the ticker on Saturdays this year, they were losing 28-0 at the end of the 1st quarter.

I was just looking up some of their history, I had no idea that they appeared in back to back Big 12 championship games in 2004 and 2005. And lost them by a combined score of 112 to 6. Ouch.

Yeah, they were never really competitive this year. I have a few friends in the high school coaching circles here. One of which has brought his kids up to CU for years. Well he told me in Oct. he took his team up for a practice. He said when they got off the bus they didn't hear the expected whistles, and coaches yelling. Instead he said it was the most disorganized practice he's seen. Everybody was split up just doing whatever. Little Wayne was being pumped through the speakers like it was a concert. He was embarrassed for CU, if it wasn't for his long ties to them he would've never brought his team back under the Embree regime.

Great program it will be back

Whic
This should give you some idea of what happened.

Buffs are my #2 team. Hope they can get it together, in more ways than one.
And that brings me to another point from a totally different person. Actually a good amount of people know. Those recruiting practices were still in existence at least up until last year. And it actually cost them a couple of 'smarter' recruits. And contrary to what a lot of people say, that it happens everywhere, it doesn't.