Build Your 2019 Schedule | Syracusefan.com

Build Your 2019 Schedule

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Not the same as NOLA's post but similar

Build the 2019 how you like to see it. This is my build as I'd like to see the season unfold. BTW, the real schedule should be released in 3-4 weeks.

Given Hard Scheduled Games in BOLD

@ Liberty Sat, Aug 31st If we have to start on the road this is a great way. Liberty has some athletes and could upset us but I put the chance at 5%. Brand new coach for Liberty (Hugh Freeze) ESPNU Noon or ESPN+

@ Maryland Sat, Sept 7th Brand new head coach Mike Locksley tries to get Maryland on track. Glad we play them early. We should win by 10 points but Maryland is capable to win and has some very good players. ESPN Noon

Clemson Sat, Sept 14th ESPN Gameday, Primetime kickoff on ABC at 8pm. Let's play them early, if we can upset them we have a legit chance to vault into the Top 10 off this game at 3-0. We'll be 7 point underdogs. First Hard Sell out in years...

WMU Sat, Sept 21st Nice team to play coming off Clemson. We should be able to win by 17-21. Hopefully, Coach Tim Lester can have a nice season in the MAC. ESPN2 Noon

Holy Cross Sat, Sept 28th This game will be a dog of a game. I'm figuring 62-7. ACC Network 3:30 PM

Bye Sat, Oct 5th (First of Two)

@NCSt Saturday, Oct 12th (Columbus Day Weekend) 7000 Cuse fans descend upon NCSt. Cuse should be favored by a FG in front of a packed house. ABC 3:30PM

Wake Forest Friday, Oct 18th Cuse hosts a Friday night game. Wake Forest is well coached but Cuse should win by 14 points. ESPN 7:30PM

@ Louisville Friday, Oct 25th Louisville is rebuilding under new Coach Steve Satterfield but they still have a strong enough brand to get a Friday Night ESPN game. Cuse should win by 10-14 pts. ESPN 7:30PM

Pittsburgh Sat, Nov 2nd Cuse exacts revenge on Pitt. Cuse wins by 17. ABC Noon

@ FSU Sat, Nov 9th (Veterans Day Weekend) FSU doing better under Taggart but needs a win to get bowl eligible. ABC Primetime Cuse favored by 3 pts Best Orange Fan Showing ever.

Bye Sat, Nov 16th (Rare 2nd Bye)

@ Duke Sat, Nov 23rd Cuse packs in the fans and creates a sell out. Duke is bowl eligible but Cuse takes the game by 10 pts. ACC Network 3:30PM

BC Sat, Nov 30th Superfans flock to the Carrier Dome by the tens...The Dazzler dazzles, Cuse by 35. ABC Noon

@ Liberty Sat, Aug 31st

@ Maryland Sat, Sept 7th

Wake Forest Sat, Sept 14th

WMU Sat, Sept 21st

Holy Cross Sat, Sept 28th

[Bye Sat, Oct 5th (First of Two)[

@ Louisville Saturday, Oct 12th

Clemson, Saturday night, Oct 19th

@ Duke, Friday, Oct 25th

Pitt, Sat, Nov 2nd

[Second Bye Week, Nov 9th]

@ Florida State, Sat, Nov 16th

@ NC State, Sat, Nov 23rd

BC Sat, Nov 30th

@ Liberty Sat, Aug 31st

@ Maryland Sat, Sept 7th

Wake Forest Sat, Sept 14th

WMU Sat, Sept 21st

Holy Cross Sat, Sept 28th

[Bye Sat, Oct 5th (First of Two)[

@ Louisville Saturday, Oct 12th

Clemson, Saturday night, Oct 19th

@ Duke, Friday, Oct 25th

Pitt, Sat, Nov 2nd

[Second Bye Week, Nov 9th]

@ Florida State, Sat, Nov 16th

@ NC State, Sat, Nov 23rd

BC Sat, Nov 30th
Wake is playing UNC on 9/14 in a non-conference game. I think the only option for us to play on 9/14 is Clemson.

It may end up being a bye week

8/31 - @ Liberty

9/7 - @ Maryland

9/14 - @ FSU (I know three road games to open the season is absurd, but I want FSU early, especially with a new OC in a system that we know takes a while to click)

9/21 - WMU

9/28 - Holy Cross

10/5 - BYE (Five games earns a break)

10/12 - Pitt

10/18 - Clemson (Friday night game, 95% chance I'll be in town)

10/26 - @ Duke

11/2 - @ Louisville (I plan to go to this game if the dates fall right. This would qualify as dates fall right)

11/9 - BYE (Four games earns a break)

11/16 - Wake Forest

11/23 - @ NC State

11/30 - BC (I like this game here)

8/31 - @ Liberty

9/7 - @ Maryland

9/14 - @ FSU (I know three road games to open the season is absurd, but I want FSU early, especially with a new OC in a system that we know takes a while to click)

9/21 - WMU

9/28 - Holy Cross

10/5 - BYE (Five games earns a break)

10/12 - Pitt

10/18 - Clemson (Friday night game, 95% chance I'll be in town)

10/26 - @ Duke

11/2 - @ Louisville (I plan to go to this game if the dates fall right. This would qualify as dates fall right)

11/9 - BYE (Four games earns a break)

11/16 - Wake Forest

11/23 - @ NC State

11/30 - BC (I like this game here)

Not so absurd if we need the extra time to complete the first part of the Dome reno project.

And then we’re backloaded w home games the rest of the season.
I’ll take it!

Give me Clemson or FSU early. Don't care how the rest of the schedule looks, honestly. If we can beat both of those teams, we go undefeated.

If I had my choice I would love to play FSU early, they got to play Boise to start the season, then a layup game, then hopefully us with the Gators the following week. They lose to Boise in game one watch out the wheels might come off the bus real quick.

Wake is playing UNC on 9/14 in a non-conference game.
This is a dumb practice, and the conference should put a stop to it.

I thought about three straight weeks on the road too (for the Dome Reno). The hard part is only Clemson and FSU have open dates on Sept 14th. I'm not real thrilled about playing in the blazing sun of Tally in mid September. (plus hurricanes are always a concern)

I've been to Tally a couple times for games and where they put the Cuse fans and team gets the full brunt of the sun. Bad enough in early November...September would be even worse.

Last edited:
I'm torn on playing Clemson early.

I agree. I'm worried that our offensive line won't be ready for a team with that kind of athleticism until about week 5.

Give me Clemson or FSU early. Don't care how the rest of the schedule looks, honestly. If we can beat both of those teams, we go undefeated.

I prefer FSU early. They still are in some disarray, but should be trending better by the second half of the season. Their coach is not that bad.

I would like to play Pitt in that first ACC home slot. Other than that, Im fine with how the schedule is laid out. Playing Clemson after a week off would be nice too.

Bye on the 14th is fine. Don't want Devito's first league start to be against Clemson.

Going into the ACC 4-0 is key, take care of business against at Duke, Wake, BC, Pitt, and at Lville and it's 9-3. Get one of at NCSt, at FSU, or Clemson and it's a 10 win regular season. It would be a pretty soft 10 wins but so what.

Give me Duke, Wake, Lville and Pitt in October, and then FSU, Clemson, NCst and BC and the 2nd open week in November.

i think a week 3 bye is fine since we get two. allows us to rest up a bit and fix the boo-boos and mental mistakes we make the first two weeks and get two home games for a warmup into ACC play

8-31 at Liberty
9-7 at Maryland
9-14: OPEN
9-21 Western Michigan
9-28 Holy Cross
10-4 Friday night at Louisville
10-12 Clemson
10-19 Wake
10-26 at Florida State
11-2 at Duke
11-9 Pittsburgh
11-16: OPEN
11-21 at NC State Thursday
11-30 Boston College

Is my ideal schedule.

My only 2 cents is I think they try to get Clemson for Orange Central (homecoming) game. So everyone who said the weekend of October 12 would be correct. They also could do it the weekend of Nov 2. It used to be in in early November. The warm weather AZ girl would chose October, but I could handle November. I just did come back for Louisville.

Is the week one game locked into stone? Clemson @ SU on the prime time ACC Labor Day spot would be cool.

8-31 at Liberty
9-7 at Maryland
9-14: OPEN
9-21 Western Michigan
9-28 Holy Cross
10-4 Friday night at Louisville
10-12 Clemson
10-19 Wake
10-26 at Florida State
11-2 at Duke
11-9 Pittsburgh
11-21 at NC State Thursday
11-30 Boston College

Is my ideal schedule.

8 weeks in a row without a bye is a lot to ask. Injuries will result.
I think the ideal breakdown is 5 games, then a bye, 4 games then your second bye, giving you 3 games remaining.

This is what I would most like to see:

8-31 at Liberty
9-7 at Maryland
9-14: at Florida State
9-21 Western Michigan
9-28 Holy Cross
10-4 OPEN
10-12 Clemson
10-19 Wake
10-26 at Louisville
11-2 at Duke
11-9 Pittsburgh
11-23 at NC State
11-30 Boston College

An outstanding shot at starting 5-0, a bye week before Clemson, a Wake game after Clemson which should be winnable, and then a stretch at the end where every game is winnable. This is the schedule that would get us the best shot at gameday vs Clemson.

i think if we want gameday locked in 9/14 or early october will be the date. In an ideal world id actually like a balanced home schedule where we play 2 homes each month instead of 3 in september,1 in october and 2 in november. So with that said my deal schedule:
8/31- @ liberty friday night or saturday afternoon
9/7 @ maryland
9/14 bye week #1
9/21- Westen Michigan
9/28- Holy Cross
10/5- @ Louisville
10/12- Clemson- abc primetime gameday to the quad(orange central
10/19-Bye week #2
10/26- Pitt(family weekend)
11/2- @ nc state
11/9-@ fsu
11/16-Wake Forest
11/23-@ duke
11/29 friday night thanksgiving senior night vs bc

This is a dumb practice, and the conference should put a stop to it.
Simple solution--do away with divisions, adopt 3-5-5. You have the flexibility to play your traditional rivals more often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom